F-16 Down in Residential Maryland.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

CdjWmnCdZM8

JOINT BASE ANDREWS, Md. -- A D.C. Air National Guard F-16C fighter jet, assigned to the 113th Wing, at Joint Base Andrews, Maryland, crashed about 9:15 A.M. today approximately six miles Southwest from JBA in a wooded area.

The aircraft was flying along with other D.C. Air National Guard aircraft in a routine training mission. There were no casualties and the pilot ejected safely. A safety board will be convened to determine the cause of the accident.

A press conference will be held at 3:30 p.m. at the Courses at Andrews on Joint Base Andrews. Media interested in covering the event should contact the public affairs office at (240) 612-4428 and plan to be at the Virginia Gate at 3:00 p.m.

http://www.jba.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/1141893/follow-up-release-2-f-16-accident

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

• 6 months later...
The Accident Investigation Board President found by a preponderance of evidence the cause of this mishap was the incorrect assembly of the main engine control (MEC) differential pressure pilot valve, which was missing a required 600-degree retaining ring and the anti-rotation pin. The misassembled differential pressure pilot valve caused the MEC to malfunction and to incorrectly meter abnormally high fuel flow to the engine. The uncontrolled engine operation caused severe engine overspeed, severe engine over-temperature, and engine fire, which resulted in a catastrophic engine failure. A substantially contributing factor to the mishap was the 552d Commodities Maintenance Squadron, MEC Overhaul Shop, Oklahoma City, Air Logistics Complex, lack of an adequate procedural requirement for MEC parts accountability.

This is a direct pdf link to AIB report

http://www.airforcemag.com/AircraftAccidentReports/Documents/2017/040517_F16_Andrews.pdf

Edited by mvsgas
  • Like 2

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..