insane roll rate - totally unrealistic

ViFF

Seems like the FM has been taken to the extreme opposite in the roll axis.

My observations:

1. No acceleration into or out of the roll at all only "bang on" insane roll rate immediately as the PC joystick is hammered to any side.

2. No difference between heavy loaded with bombs and fuel tanks on wing pylons vs clean - same insane roll rate.

3. At slow speed there is no de-acceleration out of the rolling momentum as if this bird has FBW that gives "opposite" control surface movement to stop the roll immediately when PC joystick is centered.

I am familiar with the data of 400 something deg per second - this relevent to a clean aircraft at combat speed and after the roll is fully developed.

Sorry but for me the MiG-21 goes back to the hangar until this is fixed.

S!

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a few quirks for me.

Low speed roll felt good like there was inertia. But at higher speed she feels like paper.

There is no drag / weight issues when one of the gears is out.

when flaps are deployed no ballooning effect, she has small wings but i don't expect some ballooning

I can't land this baby anymore :( always bounce back up :( i used to land her but not anymore but this could be related to my Logitech attack 3 not sure though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Attitude Power Trim Power Attitude Trim

Wing Commander SWAC

I would return to the old binaries if someone could tell me how without using all of my activation's again.

Not because it was accurate or this is inaccurate cause I'll never know the numbers but cause the former was closer in what I think a plane acts on the air and I back up everything VIFF posted.

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led

I tend to agree. Now that 1.5.6 and 2.0.5 DRN has been resolved!

Mig21 is now very twitchy, extremely sensitive to roll, and minor PIO. I flattened roll, rudder, and pitch curves to have 3 in deadzone, 10 in curve. Initially I like nimble handling, then found myself with hands full of airplane. Now , not so much.

I noticed that as the stick deflects out deadzone, aircraft twitch while rolling, almost like a maximum snap roll. In pitch the same twitchy oversensitive pitch creates small PIO, but makes AG targeting, strafing, and rockets significantly more difficult.

Recovery (landing) is now very difficult. As soon as I touchdown, even the smallest rudder deflection, makes aircraft snake on runway, snapping off the main gear, and or tilting the aircraft.

Drag chute. refuses to pop-out about in 80% of time. I have not forgotten to zero out gear breaks, so the air pressure is maintained.

I tend to use the SAU Stabilizer system to make the aircraft behave as I like makes maneuvers and flight more smooth and accurate, but still for me this is not a solution since at low speeds the dumbering (landing etc) of the stabilizer will create response problems.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

Just for info as I guess English isn't your native lingo - de-acceleration is called deceleration ;)

I think a few of the models are too sensitive, but I simply adjust my stick curves to compensate (Flankers and Tiger come to mind).

I've not flown the Bison for a while due to it's issues. Indigogo backer as well.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Stability/agility will be improved for the next update. We had no time to allocate to tune it better concerning the more important patch preparation we had to do.

Edited by Dolphin887
typo

Power through superb knowledge, training and teamwork.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hopes for the best! Versions 1.2.16 and or 1.5.3 is a good place to start :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

But i hope you don`t overshoot it the other way. In my opinion as plane is basicly a dart it should have very lov inertia and sharp movement for roll at speed. I like this FM far more better than old one. Remember guys that if you use joistick fithout extensions it will be fast. but with propper extension, to make stick as long as ir RL it seems quite good. Certenlyt better than old one. As nor me or you have flown ther real thing it is hard to tell.

Sorry for double post, but it is interesting to see if those who say its to sharp use longer joysticks;) Y see if you have extensions the sharp movements are naturaly made less sharp. It the same as playing racing games with wheel or joystick. As i said i do not thing that Mig-21 model is very far away, mayby tine bit too much, but not as ther old one for sure.

But i hope you don`t overshoot it the other way. In my opinion as plane is basicly a dart it should have very lov inertia and sharp movement for roll at speed. I like this FM far more better than old one. Remember guys that if you use joistick fithout extensions it will be fast. but with propper extension, to make stick as long as ir RL it seems quite good. Certenlyt better than old one. As nor me or you have flown ther real thing it is hard to tell.

Still moving the stick slightly will force me to roll more than I wanted with my curve setting already at 35, I own an x52 and I don't plan to change it or use extension. Back in 1.2 we had a great FM in all aspects and I don't think an insane roll rate plus overdone sensitivity can characterize the Bis or any fighter that uses only the pilots inputs and not a computer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

Still moving the stick slightly will force me to roll more than I wanted with my curve setting already at 35, I own an x52 and I don't plan to change it or use extension. Back in 1.2 we had a great FM in all aspects and I don't think an insane roll rate plus overdone sensitivity can characterize the Bis or any fighter that uses only the pilots inputs and not a computer.

14 curvature with 82 saturation, standard warthog stick. I have no problems with accuracy.

I'm using a 120mm extension on the Hawg. Plus, I have the curves set per the manual. Able to land, etc, just fine.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Saitek X 52 standard built. I fly any other sim or module with no problem.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

you are not holding a heavy stick like they do, so you can slam easier all...

Edited by Fri13

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

That one at 0:43 is pretty darn close to the Mig-21 as it is now. The FM might require some fine tuning, but the new roll is what a missile with wings is supposed to do.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria