Automatic startup - right engine failing to start ?

tob.s

- solved - it seems to be realted to the mission "todestal" (= death valley ? ), tried the cold startup quick mission and everything worked, justz had a look at he mission though and there are no failures set, so i have no idea why it wont work in this particular mission

Hi,

didnt fly the ka50 much recently, now i wanted to fly it again but cant get off the ground, my right engine is not running after using the automatic startup - its temperature rises but then drops after a few seconds. Is there something wrong on my side or is it a bug ?

i just did a repair but i didnt help

latest 1.5 open beta

greetings

tobs

Edited by tob.s

Hi,

didnt fly the ka50 much recently, now i wanted to fly it again but cant get off the ground, my right engine is not running after using the automatic startup - its temperature rises but then drops after a few seconds. Is there something wrong on my side or is it a bug ?

latest 1.5 open beta

greetings

tobs

I'm using 1.5.4.55952 not beta though It just updated Friday and no issues yet Both of my turbines spool up and keep working on auto start.

Flying sims since 1980

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming

CPU: i7 6700K @ 4.7 GHz

Video: EVGA GTX 1080

Ram: Patriot DDR4 2800 8GBx2

PWR:Corsair RM750i

- solved - it seems to be realted to the mission "todestal" (= death valley ? ), tried the cold startup quick mission and everything worked, justz had a look at he mission though and there are no failures set, so i have no idea why it wont work in this particular mission

Hi,

latest 1.5 open beta

greetings

tobs

I have seen this happen lately in Multiplayer, somewhere.

That is why it is important to know how to do the start-up manually from cold start, so to troubleshoot situations both on the ground start and in-flight problems.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm using 1.5.4.55952 not beta though It just updated Friday and no issues yet Both of my turbines spool up and keep working on auto start.

Your sig---that looks like Flight Simulator, 32-bit?

I started with Commodore 64 in 1985 or there-bouts.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Your sig---that looks like Flight Simulator, 32-bit?

I started with Commodore 64 in 1985 or there-bouts.

No the first one I tried was 8 bit on a trs-80 which I thought was a piece of crap at the time.

I was working at a company that made Ham radio equipment at the time Icom America they make marine and aviation radios as well now. Anyway we were located in Bellevue Washington and there was a small office suite down the road where a few guys were making a new OS called DOS and they had the only EEprom burner around so we met these guys to get some old 2700 EEprom's programmed and one of the guys gave us a floppy disk he made himself and it was a very crude Flight simulator that became MS flight simulator.all around 1978 or so. It was a group that included Bill Gates.

@Penshoon You may be onto something there.

Edited by aairon

Flying sims since 1980

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice! That must have been fun, right there from the beginning.

Were you involved in any of the Flight Sim development?

Not at all except the three of us at work, where the guy kept his trs 80, we would tell the guys down the street what we thought about different things. You have to remember color screens were not a standard issue and things were very primitive by current standards.

We were fascinated by the software no matter how "crude", to us it was phenomenal that an ordinary person could have that power on their desk. I guess we were easily impressed. By the way the story I heard was that gates and co brought the rights to an existing sim and developed it for DOS I think maybe written for CPM anyway the copy we had would probably be cool to have lol.

Flying sims since 1980

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 year later...

Autostart ignores Weather and Airpressure conditions. Thats the Problem.

If its Hot or Cold the Engines will take longer to spool up Completly. But Autostart always gives the same amount of time for them.

This is not really a Bug Newbies should see the Autostart as a Help for them but its not a solution for every situation.

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

Great bug! Learn how this beautiful machine is really working instead! It is worth the effort. Automatic start up is a blasphemy for such a magnificient module. Don't correct,ED! :thumbup::P

I like to think that Olga started the chopper while pampering me to battlefield :D

This space is available for your advertisement