AI performance?

I'm thinking of buying this but having set up some of my own basic scenarios I find the AI to be unplayable against. I see in Bunyap's notes that some alteration has been made to the AI

AI now use the same G-effect model as human pilot and reduce G if blackout is near

How are people finding it, are the AI planes still able to fly like UFO's and still fly with massive damage?

Good question. I'm blissfully insulated from internal goings on so I don't know the current status, only that the change is expected soon. I would imagine such a big change comes with other unintended consequences and those are still being worked out.

The Epsom missions themselves will have you controlling a squadron of eight aircraft in the same airspace as five or six other squadrons. More of a premium is placed on how well you manage your assets and the tactics you use than relative performance or capabilities of the aircraft. Who sees who first is usually what determines the outcome, at least when I flew them. You will vastly outnumber the enemy if you do it well or be vastly outnumbered yourself if you do it poorly.

None of that is necessarily by design, that is just how it played out when we set up the real allied and axis air plan and set it in motion.

I'm probably the least qualified person to recommend for or against a purchase. I would be interested to hear what those who have actually flown all the missions, and more importantly read the intel assessments and followed the tactics described in the briefings, have to say about how much of an impact the AI actually had.

Edited by Bunyap