Alternative game options VR/2D

kunterbunt

I'm searching for a way to have several game options to switch between. I fly only in VR, but then run the recorded track in 2D to capture as a mp4 clip. I assume that everybody who is uploading these nice movies we all love is doing the same. In VR I need to reduce some of the system settings and unfortunately I have to enable Labels. In 2D I can go much higher with the system settings especially in 2.1.1, as I can use Anisotropic Filtering and MSAA, Labels look ugly in a movie.

I start DCS using 2 shortcuts that turn VR On/Off.

Is there a way to pass a CLI option with the location the options.lua? I assume that is where the options are stored?

Somebody must have a solution to this. It must be annoying a lot of people.

Thanks

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb

I use OvGME to switch between the different option.lua files. Basically treat it like a mod. Best solution I found so far.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Maybe you can just disconnect the rift usb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

I use OvGME to switch between the different option.lua files. Basically treat it like a mod. Best solution I found so far.

I'm not sure how one would manage alternative configuration files like that. How do you ensure that if you change the settings, it is not overwritten next time you switch to a new option version?

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb

YES! The option to switch between two user-defined sets of graphics options would be hugely appreciated! :thumbup:

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

I'm not sure how one would manage alternative configuration files like that.

Are you familiar with OvGME?

Here is a pic how my configurations look like.

[ATTACH]165875[/ATTACH]

I have one configuration for the monitor, which I enable when needed and multiple for VR with different settings. Each option lua lies in a different directory and is copied to the DCS Saved Games directory when the "mod" is enabled.

How do you ensure that if you change the settings, it is not overwritten next time you switch to a new option version?

You mean, when a DCS update requires a new modified options lua?

Well, that does not happen too often. If so, I disable all my old "mods", let DCS create a new options.lua, compare the changes and add the necessary stuff to the options.lua files.

It's a bit tedious, but one does not have to do it very often.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

@funkyfranky, I want to be able to change my setting in the GUI without loosing these settings next time I change it using your OvGME. I also would prefere to have one batch file for 2D and one for VR to do everything including starting of DCS.

So, I wrote a batch file similar to what mithandra wrote in https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=171629.