Persian Gulf Map Discussion

Slipp

Was there any info recently about SOH map?

Any info on the airfields included, map size, what area the map will encompass?

There were some Mirage shots on Dubai airfield posted by RAZBAM last year, so the map seems to be in-game and working at least to some extent.

11260667_895513283868644_7096898588701371206_o.jpg

12119928_895513183868654_8151859702306139425_o.jpg

The last thing I remember was the hint in december by SithSpawn that release is closer than we think. :music_whistling:

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flying over Dubai will be amazing. Cant wait.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Keeping up foreign relations will be amazing. :v:

F-15E | AH-64 | F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | Ka-50 | SA342 | Super Carrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria |

Intel Core i7 11700K - 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming X 12GB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 1TB

Will you be able to fly the F-15C?

Yes, if you buy the F-15C you're able to fly it of course, but what does it have to do with the map?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I'm sure it won't be long after 2.5. Given how long it's been since we had a 2.0 update I'd guess 2.5 is close-ish and then maybe SoH and (hopefully soon after that Normandy) will be in our hands.

I wonder if 2.5 will have ground radar support out of the gate too for a certain related project. I also wonder if they will put out SoH (much) before the F/A-18C and I wouldn't guess that's ready.

Of course, a map is a map and a plane is a plane and neither is dependent on the other for anything but artificial reasons.

I'm sure it won't be long after 2.5. Given how long it's been since we had a 2.0 update I'd guess 2.5 is close-ish and then maybe SoH and (hopefully soon after that Normandy) will be in our hands.

Lack of news indicates that many things are nearly completed? That is the most bizarre logic I have ever heard.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Lack of news indicates that many things are nearly completed? That is the most bizarre logic I have ever heard.

With you on that cichlidfan! I would have said it was more a case of no news - nothing to tell us yet.

We did however get some news about the Normandy map, and as the Straits of Hormuz map was part of the F/A-18 package, I'd guess we might hear about the map when we hear more about the F/A-18.

Is Abu Dhabi the city going to be covered in the map too or is just Dubai only.What bases and towns are going to be inserted into the map.I would also like to see the map expand into Qatar & Bahrain and a little bit of Saudi Arabia. I remember playing Janes F-15 on PC all the time and flying out of Bahrain Int Airport to attack targets in Iran.It was so much fun.

Is Abu Dhabi the city going to be covered in the map too or is just Dubai only.What bases and towns are going to be inserted into the map.I would also like to see the map expand into Qatar & Bahrain and a little bit of Saudi Arabia. I remember playing Janes F-15 on PC all the time and flying out of Bahrain Int Airport to attack targets in Iran.It was so much fun.

I hope they at least cover the eastern air base of Saudi Arabia where we can fly the RSAF Eagles :pilotfly:

i7-6700K | MSI Z170A Gaming M7 | Dominator 32GB 3000MHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING Z | 2TB SSD & 1TB HDD | Acer H277HU 27" WQHD | Audeze Mobius | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Pro

We don't know much about bases, but it would be a good assumption to say Abu Dhabi will be covered as well since the main allied base is just southeast of the city.

The question was wich IRIAF bases would be represented, not IF any would be represented ;)

I'm sure the Bandarr Abass airport will be in. It's right at the Iranian side of the straight.

The Kish international airport would be to cool to pass up for the SoZ map. Slightly west of the actual strait, Kish is located on a small island.

The Abu Musa airport is also located on an island in almost defying location. The placement of military jets here caused a lot of regional tension in 1996.

Other military airfields I'd expect is the Bandarr E jask and Bandar Lengeh airforce bases. There are more airforce bases along the Gulf of Persia, Gulf of oman and dozens among the border with Iraq but I am not sure what the actual dimensions of the map are ( pretty sure not all the way to Iraq)

Check my F-15C guide

Being based in Dubai, purchasing this map would be a default... Bundled with F18 it's going to be no brainier..

There quite a few airports on the UAE site that should be present. Mil airfields and lot of civilian. It's gong to be very interesting map from the strategies perspective, with the gulf in the middle. Probably the carrier ops will be the centerpiece with less attention to detail to the fields around the edges. Anyhow, really looking forward for this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Regards!

The question was wich IRIAF bases would be represented, not IF any would be represented ;)

I'm sure the Bandarr Abass airport will be in. It's right at the Iranian side of the straight.

The Kish international airport would be to cool to pass up for the SoZ map. Slightly west of the actual strait, Kish is located on a small island.

The Abu Musa airport is also located on an island in almost defying location. The placement of military jets here caused a lot of regional tension in 1996.

Other military airfields I'd expect is the Bandarr E jask and Bandar Lengeh airforce bases. There are more airforce bases along the Gulf of Persia, Gulf of oman and dozens among the border with Iraq but I am not sure what the actual dimensions of the map are ( pretty sure not all the way to Iraq)

I am also REALLY curious about details of the map. This is also the map that I'm most excited about - there are so many great potential scenarios ranging from the late-70s to present day. It's a great choice for DCS.

Here is a screenshot (cropped) from a Wags livestream, which gives some ideas about the boundaries of the map:

ScreenShot2016-04-14at7.57.27PM.png

I think it could eventually get bigger than this and from what was said with the original announcement, this may just be the "high detail area". The area shown on this screen includes Jask to the East and Kish to the West, so I bet those bases will be included. :)

The original announcement mentions Abu Musa as a "strong hold island".

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=129972

So I bet it will be well modeled and probably have an airbase.

I'm hoping that they extend the low detail area to include a large portion of the Gulf of Oman (since it would really just be water and maybe a low detail shoreline) to facilitate carrier ops and north into the Persian Gulf to include the waters off of Bahrain and Qatar (but that might be a stretch).

Even if we only get the area shown in the screenshot, it should be an awesome map.

-Nick

I hope they at least cover the eastern air base of Saudi Arabia where we can fly the RSAF Eagles :pilotfly:

You can still fly the RSAF Eagles...You'll just have to air start :smilewink:.

I'd like to hope we get F-16s at some point because UAE operates both F-16s and Mirage 2000s out of Al Dhafra along with assorted allied aircraft such as the :censored: and :censored: and also the :censored:.

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

I am also REALLY curious about details of the map. This is also the map that I'm most excited about - there are so many great potential scenarios ranging from the late-70s to present day. It's a great choice for DCS.

Here is a screenshot (cropped) from a Wags livestream, which gives some ideas about the boundaries of the map:

{...snipped image...}

I think it could eventually get bigger than this and from what was said with the original announcement, this may just be the "high detail area". The area shown on this screen includes Jask to the East and Kish to the West, so I bet those bases will be included. :)

The original announcement mentions Abu Musa as a "strong hold island".

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=129972

So I bet it will be well modeled and probably have an airbase.

I'm hoping that they extend the low detail area to include a large portion of the Gulf of Oman (since it would really just be water and maybe a low detail shoreline) to facilitate carrier ops and north into the Persian Gulf to include the waters off of Bahrain and Qatar (but that might be a stretch).

Even if we only get the area shown in the screenshot, it should be an awesome map.

-Nick

Thanks for this. No mention of Kish island though :P I'll have to admit it's a bit far west but I would be totally cool with it if all the mainland at this latitude would be low detail or procedurally generated if we'd still get this island base. I mapped the Iranian airforce facility assets that I know of in google maps to give people a picture of where the bases will be. My map is slightly larger than the currently known boundaries.

SoZ.png.9c34f31762bd94ef36b65ddb98ff2e53.png

Check my F-15C guide

This and more was seen in Bunyaps latest news update

Awesome, thank you! Here is the video for those who haven't seen it:

[ame]

[/ame]

The shots look excellent!

No mention of Kish island though tongue.gif

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I simply meant that Kish appeared to be within the boundaries of the map. :)

Looks like more info will be available soon.

-Nick