A-10C Tactical Training Qualification Campaign

Sabre-TLA

Maybe a dumb question but does this campaign work with the recently released 2.5.2? The requirements on the DCS website say you have to have 1.5 installed, so I just wanted to check before purchasing that what worked in 1.5 now works in 2.5.2.

Not a dumb question. But the answer is yes these work with the latest 2.5. Enjoy!

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

• 2 weeks later...

Something is wrong, maybe with the last update something went wrong.

Just made TTQ13 and the JTAC behaviour was really weird. No reply to "contact" calls, WP not firing, no further details read on...

I just had to check out and call in again a lot of times until I got the proper readings, and most of the time I used weapons based on my own guesses because the JTAC didn't call anything.

Oh, and the cherry on top was the final target that was so close to the JTAC that they themselves killed it, so the FE called "end of VUL" and I returned to base expecting a failed mission, just to find out that I "had killed" every target, even if half of them were killed by the JTAC themselves.

I attached the log for this mission.

I will keep playing the campaign but currently the unconsistent behaviour of the JTAC make it a bit frustrating.

But don't worry, I can see the amount of effort put into the campaign. It is still great.

1.rar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We will retest to see what is happening. It was working for 2.5 as per the videos as we did test everything before the release.

The only thing I can recommend is a DCS Repair and uninstall and reinstall the campaign in case the mission files have gotten corrupted.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

I will repair and reinstall to see if it is a local issue.

When doing the SEAD mission the jtacs were totally missing, I had to find the strela and the shilka by baiting them... and then the chevy chopper crashed when landing and I got misdion failed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

It drove me nuts today. On the third target (infantry), I drop a bomb and hit a red soldier, 38 seconds later I get a call out "blue on blue" and failed the mission. Checking Tacview record, it shows that Badger was hit by the Red infantry, not me! How come this happen?

ng8f4Eu.png

This is the Tacview.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gfj0TlXHXZLdOx9fNsawglHG85n9c9bk

It drove me nuts today. On the third target (infantry), I drop a bomb and hit a red soldier, 38 seconds later I get a call out "blue on blue" and failed the mission. Checking Tacview record, it shows that Badger was hit by the Red infantry, not me! How come this happen?

ng8f4Eu.png

This is the Tacview.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gfj0TlXHXZLdOx9fNsawglHG85n9c9bk

Likely splash damage from your bomb. Try dropping in the middle of the line of troops to avoid the blast damage from reaching Badger.

Likely splash damage from your bomb. Try dropping in the middle of the line of troops to avoid the blast damage from reaching Badger.

Did you see the screenshot? There was no hit from my bomb to Badger, and Badger was hit 38 seconds from the Red infrantry. It does not make sense, does it?

And if you watch my Tacview, the bomb was dropped even at the end of the line (which is further from Badger)

Edited by tom_vn

You are right - that doesn't make sense. Is it reproducible? Does it happen very time you bomb that unit?

We will retest and see if we get the same effect.

EDIT: We retested the mission and it played fine. We were able to destroy both sets of infantry with single Mk82 drops (in the center of the infantry column) and it didn't impact Badger. Nor did Badger get hit by any other fire. We were able to move onto Jaguar and complete the mission. Maybe a one time glitch?

Edited by Sabre-TLA
Updated

You are right - that doesn't make sense. Is it reproducible? Does it happen very time you bomb that unit?

We will retest and see if we get the same effect.

EDIT: We retested the mission and it played fine. We were able to destroy both sets of infantry with single Mk82 drops (in the center of the infantry column) and it didn't impact Badger. Nor did Badger get hit by any other fire. We were able to move onto Jaguar and complete the mission. Maybe a one time glitch?

I tried and it happened again Sabre-TLA, this time with the Target 4. Strange enough, some vehicle was destroyed by nobody, and the rest of the convoy were killed by the Red infantry (Target 4-6) who was dead 30 secs before. I attached the Tacview and DCS track below so you can check.

5wf7fbA.png

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xOtM1pAY71u8v7jY-vp7jCHOPsjw7sQ-

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1h3Is5kYEqiksF5FH8NPPtKS3DGoTNYl2

Another strange thing also happened with the first line of the red infantry (Target 3). I dropped the bomb, kill them all but Badger did not acknowledge, suddenly, he said "Abort-Abort-Abort" and then tell me to be ready for new request.

Watched your trk file and target 3 and 4 were destroyed by the bombs as expected. Then you get the message to contact Jaguar (see screenshot of the replay log). Not sure why the JTAC called an Abort but you were successful in killing both infantry targets and we didn't see Badger get destroyed as your log indicates.

We do remove Badger from the map once the engagement is over (so it won't get involved with any other red units) but we didn't hear any "Blue on Blue" messages in the replay either like it was destroyed by a red or blue unit. The replay indicated to contact Jaguar.

I recommend a DCS Repair and a uninstall/reinstall of the campaign files to ensure nothing is corrupted.

Are you using any mods? I'd remove those as well and see if it plays differently. Also try the practice mission and see if you get the same result. The units and triggers are the same.

Screen_180924_165114.thumb.jpg.018c130af011c53329863c4286205fe8.jpg

Screen_180924_164908.thumb.jpg.0d6fbc42fea927f87afd04a68d8ba218.jpg

Edited by Sabre-TLA

Watched your trk file and target 3 and 4 were destroyed by the bombs as expected. Then you get the message to contact Jaguar (see screenshot of the replay log). Not sure why the JTAC called an Abort but you were successful in killing both infantry targets and we didn't see Badger get destroyed as your log indicates.

We do remove Badger from the map once the engagement is over (so it won't get involved with any other red units) but we didn't hear any "Blue on Blue" messages in the replay either like it was destroyed by a red or blue unit. The replay indicated to contact Jaguar.

I recommend a DCS Repair and a uninstall/reinstall of the campaign files to ensure nothing is corrupted.

Are you using any mods? I'd remove those as well and see if it plays differently. Also try the practice mission and see if you get the same result. The units and triggers are the same.

The "Abort" message was announced right after I bombed Target 3 but I ignore it and proceed to Target 4. After I bombed Target 4, I get the confirmation ("Target Destroyed") + "No more tasking" + FE telling me to contact Jaguar. As soon as I call Jaguar, I get the call "Blue on Blue" and the FE announce that I failed the mission, and the sad music tune in.:(

I am running DCS (steam version) with only Tacview, Reshade and Voice Attack as mods if they are considered so.

I have just done a repair (check integrity) and this time I do not receive the "Blue on Blue" message. However, I still fail to qualify, there are a couple of strange things:

- After killing Target 1, I move on to Target 1-2 but instead I killed Target 2 by mistake. Then FE tell me to contact Badger for next target. I was not aware that Target 1-2 is still alive Pinpoint did not say anything about that. (After watching Tacview, I see that Target 1-2 moved to very close to Pinpoint, which makes this attack almost impossible.

- After destroyed Target 4, I got the "Abort" message from Badger!

- FE tells me to contact Jaguar but there is no task from Jaguar

- FE tells me that playtime is over and I fail after landing and shutdown.

This time I record the video of the flight so you can have better idea what happened to me.

And Tacview/DCS Track as usual

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AVq--yLggiLe-IYBWUOpm_iPtdluTS6G

https://drive.google.com/open?id=129tiNJFJNH-JFHXbr-DAcKj9RZdmGRru

Good that the repair removed the Blue on Blue issue.

You failed the mission because you didn't kill all the targets (Target 1-2). This is a first that we have heard the AI moving too close to the blue troops so we will review the mission and see if we can adjust the unit heading so it won't get too close.

I'm also surprised that Target 2 appeared before both Target 1-1 and Target 1-2 were killed. We will check that too.

Also we noticed in your track that Jaquar is engaging the last target and destroying it much quicker than before (likely a recent game engine update) so we will fix that issue to give you more time to engage and destroy that target.

You would have qualified had you been able to kill Target 1-2 as the mission is only confirming the targets are dead so Jaguar killing the last target was doing you a favor.

On the first 2 targets, if you line up your attack run properly you might be able to kill both Target 1-1 and Target 1-2 in a single pass. That might allow you to complete the mission before we can get the fix deployed in the next update.

Thanks for reporting the issues!

• 2 weeks later...

Every time I attempt TAC 18 it tells me that the PO is terminated because I've exited without authorization.

I've completed the SADL tasks successfully, cleared Ford flight, he tells me playtime is over and to head to the egress point, so I head back to WP7 which is the next waypoint in the plan, but passing WP8 the PO gets terminated. I tried heading directly to 8 and 9 and 10, all with the same result.

Please help.

Every time I attempt TAC 18 it tells me that the PO is terminated because I've exited without authorization.

I've completed the SADL tasks successfully, cleared Ford flight, he tells me playtime is over and to head to the egress point, so I head back to WP7 which is the next waypoint in the plan, but passing WP8 the PO gets terminated. I tried heading directly to 8 and 9 and 10, all with the same result.

Please help.

Are you using the radio F10 menu before wp8 to call clearance to exit the moa?

Also just FYI the timing on these missions is toght. I passed many of them even thiugh my last couple kills were after the “plytime over” call. You still gotta move but don’t necessarily give up and do as ordered if you can wrap it up.

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

Are you using the radio F10 menu before wp8 to call clearance to exit the moa?

Also just FYI the timing on these missions is toght. I passed many of them even thiugh my last couple kills were after the “plytime over” call. You still gotta move but don’t necessarily give up and do as ordered if you can wrap it up.

My F10 menu doesn't have an option to request clearance, it just has a 'Copy' option. All the main kills are completed before playtime is over. Sometimes I've cleared Ford before, sometimes after, same result.

My F10 menu doesn't have an option to request clearance, it just has a 'Copy' option. All the main kills are completed before playtime is over. Sometimes I've cleared Ford before, sometimes after, same result.

Just tried the mission again with the same results. All armor is killed successfully, Ford is cleared and then receives the BDA, Uzi tells me it's time to head to the egress point and then tells me I'm clear to RTB, but when I pass WP 7 he tells me I've exited without authorization and failed the PO.

F10 has no options to request clearance.

In TAC18 once you become the flight lead then you have to check in and check out of the range.

If the Range check out is not appearing then I recommend a DCS Repair and or uninstall and reinstall the campaign.

We will check the triggers and test the mission again in case the new game updates have caused a new bug.

EDIT: Looks like the CHECK-OUT appears after you CHECK-IN (in the campaign mission). In the practice mission it's already there since you start already CHECKED-IN and on the range.

So make sure you CHECK-IN after your do the FENCE-IN call and before you enter the range.

Edited by Sabre-TLA

No, I didn’t receive any of those message only the first 2 parts of the comms, where you request tasking and pass on the coordinates. The AC-130 never acknowledged the IR pointing.

I actually took them out between myself and my wingmen in the end to move on to the next mission. Once you do that the AC-130 actually acknowledges the kills, but I suspect that’s because you have scripted it to do so.

Same here. I send Endfield the target info but nothing ever happens after that. When I destroy them myself it fails the PO because I've entered the gunship altitude block.