Binocular for "zoom"

AnnaNass

yeah.. when you look through binos, you just see a single circle

if you're seeing two circles, that's actually using them wrong - you need to just widen it or narrow it and the two circles become one circle

as to the overall point, yeah i could see getting an augmented view - but we kindof already have that, don't we?

i've got the "zoom" function mapped to my TrackIr -- when i "lean forward" the view magnifies - my view "zooms in"

i justify it by the fact that between the video card resolution, and the monitor resolution, and DCS LOD issues, its difficult to see another aircraft outside of a few miles - but sitting here at my desk, i can look out my window and see an airliner at 30k feet, 30- to 40-deg above the horizon (anyone want to do the math on that slant range?? i'm sure it works out to many many miles)

but that same performance is missing in DCS ---- so, "zooming in" your view pseudo-artificially is allowed

i'll allow it!

8)

Edited by SDsc0rch
  • Like 1

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What do you want it to do, look like this?

ede9b9b5-c12d-42dc-8a88-47d66db5aea7_0.jpg

If you've ever looked through a pair of binoculars, it doesn't actually look like this. That's a TV gag so that the audience knows that the view is through binoculars.

Just zoom in.

Lol. Not to be rude towards the op, but this gave me good laugh. Also completely forgot that I already could zoom (and even have mapped this on stick for easy access) when I started reading this thread. Doh :music_whistling:

My system:

Win 10, Amd Ryzen 3700@stock GTX1080 Ti, 34" Asus G-sync ultrawide monitor, Ipad Air, 32 gigs of 3600 ram, complete CH HOTAS setup, Oculus Rift CV1/Trackir5 and a Saitek Quadrant

Been simming since the Commodore 64. A few million polygons ago.

Tell me, which modern military jet carries binoculars these days?

You should see some military aircraft fly vids. Sometimes you see the crew with binoculars f.e. in A-10 or F-14. And we aren't fly the most "modern" aircraft in dcs. And believe me: i dont talk about flaming cliffs. i only mean the realistic models.

binos for Rift uses! 10/10 approve

Yes, this makes sense. Also binoculars like CA has but without smoke placing capability.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 4 weeks later...
yeah.. when you look through binos, you just see a single circle

if you're seeing two circles, that's actually using them wrong - you need to just widen it or narrow it and the two circles become one circle

8)

Never ever been able to do that. Always two circles for me.

(my eyes are the problem, not the binoculars)

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron