Pylons should be capable of being jettisoned

Cik

If you press the E- Button every thing that is attached to the wing and centre line plyons will jett weather its a mounted pylon or just tanks on or what ever is loaded, if you got bombs on these pylons they will not arm once they are jett from the aircraft

Edited by pete_auau

I'd like to know why we can't jett the rails and pylons to make it totally clean

Because it’s in Early Access.

The totally clean payload (or lack there of) is supposed to be working but from what I gather, it’s only working in single player.

Because it’s in Early Access.

The totally clean payload (or lack there of) is supposed to be working but from what I gather, it’s only working in single player.

I can remove pylons WOW if I do a Re-arm, but not jettison them...two different situations

when you push E-jett, it will jettison the 2x sidewinder rails-

should this be the case?

If you are talking about the outer wingtip stations...it's a bug according to what I am reading from the manual. Should jettison all underwing stations but tip stations should remain loaded.

When Jett is Pressed, The Following cannot be Jettisoned:

Fuselage POD Adapter (for FLIR/ATFLIR),

Fuselage LAU-116 (for AIM-7/AIM-120)

Wingtip LAU-7 (For AIM-9)

Centerline Unit SUU-62/A

Wing Unit SUU-63/A

This Must be removed by ground grew (LAU-116, SUU-62/A, SUU/63A, Fuselage POD Adapters, LAU-7)

However, Launchers attached to the SUU-62/63 Units can be:

BRUs, LAU-115C+LAU127, etc etc.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Well, they should be

This can be confusing because they are so many variable.

Most pylons AFAIK, are bolted to the aircraft so they can't be jettison. When pods are loaded, the safety pin is left installed and no cartridges are installed on the pylon.

Cartridges, missile rails and missile launchers examples here

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fcsef.ru%2Fmedia%2Farticles%2F4361%2F4361.pdf

From page 9-1 on cartridges.

The general function of this cartridge is to use gas pressure to eject stores

from aircraft weapons pylons, racks, launchers, etc. It is electrically fired

from aircraft power and has a defined shelf and service life.

Many rails for missiles cannot jettison since the missiles need to fire to come off the rail (unless removed by ground crew). For example the LAU-105, LAU-117 and LAU-118 on the link provided

Some missiles launchers can jettison the missiles if cartridges are installed./ Example LAU-106 on the link provided.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Well, they should be

Fuselage POD Adapter (for FLIR/ATFLIR),

Fuselage LAU-116 (for AIM-7/AIM-120)

Wingtip LAU-7 (For AIM-9)

Centerline Unit SUU-62/A

Wing Unit SUU-63/A

Are Not jettison-able in real life.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Wing tanks are different. Specially external wing tank on the F/A-18 since there are not part of the pylon. F-16 370 g wing tanks and obviously the F-22 wing tanks and pylons are one unit. Also on the F-22 is a bit more important since releasing the pylons, the aircraft regains stealth.

F-16 370 tank

https://www.gezagear.com/images_motorcycle_cover/Military4Geza.jpg

F/A-18

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7e/US_Navy_021205-N-0275F-502_removing_a_fuel_tank_from_an_F-A-18C.jpg

Notice the suspension lugs on the tank

edit

I was wrong on the F-22 tanks

https://media.defense.gov/2014/Aug/20/2000933832/888/591/0/140813-F-OE991-189.JPG

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Source: http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/archive/index.php/t-241182.html

Comments:

"Interesting, not worked with F16 before. However, yes TERs can be jettisoned, as can pylons containing ERUs. The question, as I interpreted it anyway, was could a bomb and the ERU be jettisoned together, which isn't possible as the ERU is bolted into the TER or pylon. Perhaps I was being too pedantic/specific "

"Double hit on selective jettison will drop the TER as well. Emergency Jettison will drop everything pylons 1-7.

I see one maybe two tanks and a TER"

"so according to what they said F-16 can also jettison it's whole pylon, and it can even jettison pylon that connected to bomb racks ( TER)

. Can anyone here confirm that?, is that true that F-16 can drop all of it's pylon in emergency situations. ? , is that capabilities unique to F-16 or all other fighter can do that? btw what is ERUs?"

Edited by Alphamale

so the answer is "it should"?

is there any way to prevent jettison (or quickly jettison everything but sidewinders)? it seems a little odd that when i end up in a fight and dump tanks, it pitches 80% of my AAMs into the water..

so the answer is "it should"?

is there any way to prevent jettison (or quickly jettison everything but sidewinders)? it seems a little odd that when i end up in a fight and dump tanks, it pitches 80% of my AAMs into the water..

This very topic has been answered for you in a few other posts... See:

For the tutorial

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.csg-2.net/

they cant be since they are physically bolted to the aircraft, since all aircraft will be the same

Also in the case of wingtip launchers, the Hornet is not allowed to fly without them. Has something to do with stability/wing flex.

Like I Said:

Suspension Units Cannot be Jettisoned, (SUU-62/A, SUU-63/A), Fuselage Launcher/Adapters (LAU-116, ATFLIR/FLIR POD Adapter), and Wingtip Launchers (LAU-7).

Everything else can

This includes,

All BRU Attachments (BRU-41/A, BRU42/A, BRU-33A, BRU-33A/A

All LAU Attachments (LAU-115C (AIM-7), LAU-117 (AGM-65), LAU-118 (AGM), LAU-127 (AIM-9X/AIM-7), LAU-115C+LAU127.

And the Stores Connected to them.

Edited by SkateZilla

they cant be since they are physically bolted to the aircraft, since all aircraft will be the same

For the sake of aerodynamics and fuel efficiency...hence the word "should"...no one can argue that the plane is more aerodynamic with the pylons on....here's a wrench, unbolt them

The Hornet's SUU System was not designed to be jettisonable.

Removable for Maintenance and Aerobatic Configurations. (By the Ground Crew)

The Hornet's SUU System was not designed to be jettisonable.

Removable for Maintenance and Aerobatic Configurations. (By the Ground Crew)

Yeah, and you know they had the tech to do it way back then. So here's a "feature" that you know should have been designed into it to begin with (and the very fact that they were bolted, shows that they were intended to be removed. Otherwise, why not weld it to the frame to begin with? But so we stay as "original" as possible, we don't allow for the emergency capability of ejected pylons...especially the wing pylons 2,3, 7, & 8

Must be something about guys with that avatar.

anyway

lead%20to%20knowledge.jpg

To whom it may concern,

Alphamale- are you saying hornet should be able to jettison the pylons to be accurate with the real life plane, or are you saying it would be nice to have? Considering it has already been stated that the pylons are bolted on, I'm assuming you meant the latter. In which case I think you'd have better luck in the wishlist section of this forum, and to be completely honest I think your argument will fall on deaf ears as it's just not accurate for the plane in question.

https://patents.google.com/patent/US2865584 looks like this was capable since 1956

Wow, regarding you link in 1942 MBB published a detachable connecting element by means of an explosive charge, in particular for aircraft, german Luftwaffe aircraft especially. What has this to do with the F/A-18C? Nothing, like your link :music_whistling:

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]