Gunsight constantly in the way - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-25-2017, 07:54 PM   #1
Burning Bridges

Default Gunsight constantly in the way

I just wanted to ask if I am the only one here who really enjoys the plane but is also somewhat annoyed by the gunsight.

I spent hours to get the best combination of head position, zoom and so on and it never feels right.

It is such a plane that to really see anything my head wants to be as high as possible, but then the gunsight completely blocks the variometer.

On the other hand when I use the option to automatically switch to the gunsight when I open the gun safety switch (which is great and other planes should have too) it further limits my options, because I want to be able to see the reticle without moving my view, and in principle the search for the best viewpoint begins again.

I have no trackIR and only 1680x1050 resolution and the constant changing of the view is getting a bit annoying.

Please don't see this as a criticism and I really love the plane, but I wanted to ask what solutions you have or if you just live with the gunsight permanently in your view.

I know the L-39 has an option to remove it, and thats actually fantastic. The Mig-15 UTI was also a very popular trainer plane by the way, and without the gunsight the one seater would be as close as we can get to a Mig-15 UTI equivalent which would make it an almost ideal choice to learn flying.
Burning Bridges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 01:55 AM   #2
Lixma 06

+1

It's a fun aircraft to just fly around in & the ability to hide the gun-sight (or even have a dedicated civilian version like the TF-51!) would be great.
Lixma 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 08:23 AM   #3
Rudel_chw

You should really try to get a TrackIR ..- if it's cost is too steep then consider a clone, I use this one and have no trouble with the MiG:

http://www.delanengineering.com/shop...050/category=0
Rudel_chw is online now   Reply With Quote