Trigger For Each Player

rvotri

Realize i'm playing MP and i have 2 Triggers zones, and two players, same team, and one player enter in one trigger and other to other trigger.

So i would like to something like:

P1 you've entered zone A

P2 You've entered zone B

but... Every time i try something like this it send message to all players...

there is a speciffic way to isolate each player for receive each one his own instructions?

Thanks in advance!

Who cares...

Isn't there an option to: Send message to country? (I think there was at one time.) If so, just make them from different countries within the coalition.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Yep, there is. But, that "player1/2" thing its just an example. I'm planning to add at least 16 players for each coalition.

Ahh...then you might be out of luck using triggers. I don't know if any of the scripting tools floating around out there might help you out of your quandary. Unfortunately, I have no idea how those work.

EDIT: Perhaps there's something for you here? MIST

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

If you want triggers for each player, it's a pain in the rear, but you need to have each airframe in a different group then use the group in zone condition in the triggers. Message to group will then also only display to 1 player.

-16AGR- 16th Air Guards Regiment is always looking for pilots - http://www.16agr.com

EWRS - Early Warning Radar Script

Specs:

Gigabyte Sniper Z5-S

Intel i5-4670k 3.4GHz OC'd 3.9GHz w/ Thermaltake 120mm Water 3.0 Pro Liquid CPU Cooler

16GB RAM

Gigabyte GTX 1080

TM Hotas Warthog: SN: 06976

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals

TrackIR5 with TrackClipPro & Oculus Rift

2x 28" 4k UHD Monitors (3840x2160 each) + 1280x1024

Realize i'm playing MP and i have 2 Triggers zones, and two players, same team, and one player enter in one trigger and other to other trigger.

So i would like to something like:

P1 you've entered zone A

P2 You've entered zone B

but... Every time i try something like this it send message to all players...

there is a speciffic way to isolate each player for receive each one his own instructions?

Thanks in advance!

First you have to make one client group per player. Than use message to group to be able to send indepedant messages!

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

Is there actually a "message to GROUP" option now? There hadn't been.

YEP!

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

• 2 weeks later...
Be advised, GROUP IN ZONE is not currently working in multiplayer.

You'll need to use UNIT INSIDE ZONE to detect player aircraft;

thanks for the tips ... very confused to see that old trigger condition are broken now

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7-960 / 12Gb Corsair DDR3 Ram / Asus GTX980 Ti Strix / Asus PB287Q / TIR 5+Clip Pro Logitech G13/ TM Warthog N°01295 / Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals / Win Seven 64bits/ TM Cougar MFDs (Vers. 1) / 1 Syncmaster 206BW running Helios

You'll need to use UNIT INSIDE ZONE to detect player aircraft; MESSAGE TO GROUP is good to go though!

aaaaahhh?! wow and that's probably why some of the ai units that we had set up didnt work on the last mission I made. thanks for the info!

BTW, anyone knows of a list of 'things that dont work' in the ME?

I didn't notice such kind of trouble with "part of group" for AI units...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7-960 / 12Gb Corsair DDR3 Ram / Asus GTX980 Ti Strix / Asus PB287Q / TIR 5+Clip Pro Logitech G13/ TM Warthog N°01295 / Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals / Win Seven 64bits/ TM Cougar MFDs (Vers. 1) / 1 Syncmaster 206BW running Helios

You'll need to use UNIT INSIDE ZONE to detect player aircraft; MESSAGE TO GROUP is good to go though!

Message to group appears to be borked in 2.0 at least

All of these problems were introduced once multiple clients were able to be part of the same group...this is also why a lot of the old 1.2 missions aren't working right now.

You are correct that GROUP IN ZONE still works for AI, just not client aircraft in MP (still works for server host to make things extra confusing to troubleshoot :) )

AFAIK any variation of GROUP IN ZONE is broken if you're looking for client aircraft in the zone. Works fine for the server and for AI units.

I feel your pain though, all of my missions used PART OF GROUP IN ZONE and converting them to UNIT INSIDE ZONE has been a real PITA :lol:

Edited by feefifofum

LUA Script could be the answer!

Hi fellows,

maybe a little lua scripting could provide the neccessary solution!?

All you need is MIST and this little script :smilewink:

mist_4_1_61.lua

new 1.lua

• 2 months later...

Ah! Finally... Long time since last time i played... Ok thanks for reply, i already had been trying that "message to group" then one player for group, and yes, that is a pain in the back countries... I thought that would be some less "hard code"... Tks guys!

Who cares...