BK90 Update

Cobra847

Yes I have reviewed the cheatsheet but i'm not talking about single player gaming, I play alot of multiplayer and what's really needed is a pre-flight planning tool for multiplayer.

This will hopefully will slove the problem once its released :)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=195724

I appreciate your help guys. :thumbup:

Use this in the interim.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=195685

Lul the commercial is a project by a ed forum user after we reverse figured out some of the stuff.

I for the most part really hope mj2 does what it should do. Basically deciding factor if bk90 will be good or meh.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

• 2 weeks later...
I found that old Comercial with pics of sub-munitions and parachutes.

Sorry but this is a video made by myself, as a fun little project before the Viggen got released.

I appreciate the fact that you thought it was real though. :thumbup:

Edited by MYSE1234

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

• 2 weeks later...

What's the status on the BK90 update? It was not included in yesterdays patch, or was it?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Sorry but this is a video made by myself, as a fun little project before the Viggen got released.

I appreciate the fact that you thought it was real though. :thumbup:

The music gives it away to us Viggen fanatics. :pilotfly:

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

The music gives it away to us Viggen fanatics. :pilotfly:

Indeed :)

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

• 2 weeks later...

Any news on the updated BK90?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Inserting coordinates is very easy i even do it mid flight.

Its super easy to do in MP.

After you start up the aircraft and the nav computer switch it to Ref/lola and Input.

Then go to the map of where you want the waypoint to be (so in this case if you want to hit the taxiways of a runway put the cursor over the taxiway you want to hit)

you will then see the coordinates shown in the top left of the screen and simply type them into the computer just remember to insert them Longitude (East/West) then Latitude (North/South) since they are listed with latitude first on the map.

Easiest way of insterting them is to bind the keys for the nav computer keypad (i have them bound to the numpad) that way you dont have to write them down or having to go back and forth between map and inputing etc.

After you have inserted the coordinates simply create the waypoint by clicking one of the waypoint buttons (B1-9).

After that simply takeoff fly towards the waypoint and when you are 7-8km away traveling at high speed (and at the correct low altitude) drop the BK 90s.

I regularly do Runway strikes in MP using this method and it works perfectly.

I generally make 4 waypoints (1 for each BK 90) to have them hit specific point and if you do that simply launch 1 then select the next waypoint launch that one and so on.

Might wanna double check the issue now, I seem to have an issue where on mp with the same flight plan, same targets and locations with flight profiles as SP, the BK90s crash into the ground at the WP instead of flying over them like they should.

Might wanna double check the issue now, I seem to have an issue where on mp with the same flight plan, same targets and locations with flight profiles as SP, the BK90s crash into the ground at the WP instead of flying over them like they should.

That's expected behavior in MP. Because of engine limitation, the BK90 acts like a bomb in MP. The new implementation they have been working with ED on should "fix" this and make MP and SP consistent.

• 2 weeks later...

Would be good to see some improvements on this. It's by far the coolest weapon in the Viggens arsenal yet it's lethality seems questionable atm. Granted I'm still learning the module, but I'm getting bomblets land literally a foot away from BTR's with no damage. The FPS drops are horrific too, from about 60 down to 8 fps with two pods worth of munitions exploding.

Would be good to see some improvements on this. It's by far the coolest weapon in the Viggens arsenal yet it's lethality seems questionable atm. Granted I'm still learning the module, but I'm getting bomblets land literally a foot away from BTR's with no damage. The FPS drops are horrific too, from about 60 down to 8 fps with two pods worth of munitions exploding.

Some notes: Bombs are argueably more a question of ED updating the damage model. Depending on which you are using, a foot away is far enough for the little fragmentations the submunition drops, the HEAT warheads need a direct hit anyway.

The FPS issue... yeah there's a reason why CBU drops don't get a 'pickle' call but a 'frames' call over the radio :D

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16

Some notes: Bombs are argueably more a question of ED updating the damage model. Depending on which you are using, a foot away is far enough for the little fragmentations the submunition drops, the HEAT warheads need a direct hit anyway.

The FPS issue... yeah there's a reason why CBU drops don't get a 'pickle' call but a 'frames' call over the radio :D

Yeah I'm surprised tbh since the issue surrounding cluster munitions and the damage model is something that's been going on for years now. I thought that with all the improvements of late it would have been worked on internally.

Here's hoping that it's fixed soon, the BK90 is such a cool piece of kit it would be a shame for it not to work as it should. Especially since the devs have put so much work into it, watching them dispense like that is awesome.

Yeah I'm surprised tbh since the issue surrounding cluster munitions and the damage model is something that's been going on for years now. I thought that with all the improvements of late it would have been worked on internally.

Here's hoping that it's fixed soon, the BK90 is such a cool piece of kit it would be a shame for it not to work as it should. Especially since the devs have put so much work into it, watching them dispense like that is awesome.

Yeah they've been talking about the damage model for a while now, but hey, 2.5 just took longer than they expected, and I've been really amazed by the progress over the last few months.

My guess is that after the Hornet dust has settled, we'll see some progress on these core game mechanics.

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

Has this been implemented yet?

No, it's still beeing worked on.

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Still waiting for a status update on the BK90 update...

Tornado3 small.jpg

Here was the latest by us;

Fingers crossed - sooner rather than later.

Thanks! I'm not a reddit user, so I have missed that.

The BK90 update is something I'm really looking forward to, so I hope this can be implemented with ED soon. :)

Tornado3 small.jpg

Cheers for the update Cobra, I got really excited when I saw the first footage, hope you guys' poking towards ED helps bring the new clusters in a little bit sooner!

• 2 weeks later...

Today while playing online, I fired a pair of BK90 (M2 variant) on target. They did nothing, just disappeared as soon as they landed near the target.

Earlier, they used to explode (albeit without explosion effects) online and leaving black crater and burning vehicle. This time, there was nothing...

Is it just me, or BK90s are not working at all?

Edit: just noticed the reply here dated 26.07.2018: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3578564&postcount=51

Edited by muamshai

This space is available for your advertisement