** DCS F-14 March Mini-Update! **

Cobra847

I can add to Naquaii's response that all of the above are implemented in the dev branch since a while back ;)
Another awesome thing that jester could do: go through the checklists you have chosen and challenge you with the different items like a real crew would do. (But maybe ignore the mistakes of the pilot...)

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great update Heatblur! Thank you.

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

The level of detail coming to us in this module is truly astounding, and I have no doubt it will set the new standard for realism in a number of areas in DCS. The fact that it’s my favorite aircraft makes it even sweeter. Thank you Nick and the Heatblur team, and good luck in the home stretch!

why does the RIO not say "Watch the Mountains"?, :-(

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

why does the RIO not say "Watch the Mountains"?, :-(
:D

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I would rather have a more realistic and colloquial nature as a base of conversation between pilot and RIO.

It is a tight knit team in the end and that means you talk less formal.

Balance is a good thing.

In a more heated situation with multiple threats, I guess more brevity codes make sense. Brevity code were invented to give info in short and precise terms, to save valuable seconds... Still, I don't want an emotionless robot read out threats like the morning stock market news.

The little glimpse of what it currently does is already really great.

In the end one big issue coming with pre recorded voice messages is that you can only have so much variation. So what would be great, to not have it simply randomly choose between a half dozen options for the same situation so that sometimes you get the exact same "Painted by SA-3, 5 o'clock." three or four times in a row. If possible role through variations of the message and only after all(!) have been used, start over again.

As for the panicking in the voice. I personally feel even one SAM launching at me, while I am in the backseat, will definitely cause my blood pressure to raise. So I don't feel it is too much to have a certain urgency, especially in the "Break left!" command, intended to save your lives... Though I agree with the notion that overdoing the urgency and panicking is a possibility.

There is a fine balance required. Just a thought:

how about taking into account a general "excitement level" that starts off "cool and relaxed" and gets raised whenever a surprise or near death happens... For example, popping up for a bombing run vs. high altitude cruise raises the "excitement level" 1 point.

Getting painted by a radar another point and each missile fired another one. Yet an IR SAM fired at short range may raise the excitement level by 3-4 points, as well as getting hit etc.

You can now "relax" the level one point every 30 seconds.

Now, every time we have Jester talking to us, the "excitement level" determines which voice over to use from "cool and relaxed" to "we all gonna die! PANIC!!!" style nuances.

What do you think?

Well, I trust them to get the balance better than I would...

Edited by Whirlaway

That remind me so much of the good old days with Jane's F-15 with its awesome immersion with the CPG.

Good work. Hope you accomplish it!

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

Is this indicative of the new map? Can we expect a mountainous region in Northern Europe? Heatblur, I never knew I could love you more than I already did.

It's just the batumi area in current caucas map

Amazing Update !

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

Lead 3D Artist - TrueGrit Virtual Technologies

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BO-105 PAH1A1/VBH / HKP-9A / BO-105 CBS-5 KLH

Eurofighter Typhoon

https://www.facebook.com/PolyDynamicsDCS/

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

Mainboard: Asus STRIX Z390-F

CPU: Intel Core I9-9900K @ 3.60GHz

RAM: 64 Gb

Graphics: MSI GForce GTX 980 TI 4GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

Oculus Rift / Oculus Touch

Heavy Metal is the law ! :punk:

Is this indicative of the new map? Can we expect a mountainous region in Northern Europe? Heatblur, I never knew I could love you more than I already did.
Welcome to Caucasus Map 2.5... ;)

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Another great Update , thanks all HB dev Team. Immense amount of work getting into this.

what would be interesting to know: is there technically any structural DCS limitation of processes for the F14 ?

To be more precise: I cant be more happy with the level of detail were' getting with the F14, but will our CPUs/ MP Servers be able to handle multiple human Player Cats on one Server with this complexity of processes? (same question of course applies for the Hornet..)

Edited by JABO2009

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

please take my wallet

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

Gotcha, thanks! I'm new to DCS and haven't been around the Caucasus map much.
The overhaul of the Caucasus map is a real game changer. Like a whole new "world"... ;)

Shagrat

The overhaul of the Caucasus map is a real game changer. Like a whole new "world"... ;)

A new fantastic point of view.... :music_whistling::music_whistling:

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs