1.5 No Ground Power in Quick Missions

Jazz_44

When I create a quick mission and choose to start from the ramp, I can't seem to enable ground power.

I request it from the menu but there is no reply.

I tried with both radio assist on and off but no change.

I also know that it's important to select an airfield that is under "blue" control, and in this case I just leave the default location that was generated.

Anyone else experiencing this in 1.5?

In any other mission (stock at least) ground power request works fine, it's only happening in quick missions that I generate.

Thanks,

Haven't experienced it so far. I always remember to edit the quick mission, find my default generated location airbase and set it to my side. Just tested it a minute ago and it worked fine.

However, I admit I didn't get confirmation from ground crew after my request, they just plugged in the power without standard "Copy!". I know the mechanic was confirming the command in initial 1.5 release (new recorded samples!), but maybe something got glitched after recent mini-update.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

The mechanic has changed, you can tell because he sounds different. I hope the old one got a good remuneration package. I'd hate to think his virtual family fell on hard times. Or has he moved up the promotion ladder, and now he is the guy who throws that big electrical switch you sometimes see in horror films about Frankenstein - I assume they had them in the 50s?

Thanks for the help guys.

Another thing that have changed, is the actual quick mission generator.

When I generate a mission the map doesn't display any airbases, it's basically a colored topology map.

In 1.2.16 there was a "layer" on top that showed where the airbases are and also a blue icon which indicated the aircraft location, it's not there in 1.5, so it's hard to tell if the airbase is "friendly" or not.

I was also under the impression that the mission generator will always place your aircraft at a friendly base once you click the generate button.

This has been discussed before, check to make sure the airport has a ground power enabled unit. Such as a HEMTT, then you should have ground power. Hope this helps.

Maximus VI Hero

780Ti 2-way SLI

16GB 2X8GB 1866mhz G.Skill Ripjaws Z

Samsung 850 Pro SSDs

3 Benq XL2720Z monitors in surround

TrackIR 5

Windows 10 Pro

HOTAS Warthog

Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals

The list goes on..

Thanks for the help guys.

Another thing that have changed, is the actual quick mission generator.

When I generate a mission the map doesn't display any airbases, it's basically a colored topology map.

In 1.2.16 there was a "layer" on top that showed where the airbases are and also a blue icon which indicated the aircraft location, it's not there in 1.5, so it's hard to tell if the airbase is "friendly" or not.

I was also under the impression that the mission generator will always place your aircraft at a friendly base once you click the generate button.

There are no friendly or non-friendly bases in quick-generated missions. All bases on the map are neutral by default. You have to edit the mission and set the "side" of the base manually. It's always been like that since 1.2.xx.

I agree about worse functionality of the "new" generator. I really hope the location icons You mentioned are out only temporarily and they'll be back in one of upcoming updates!

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

you need to set a FARP ammo storage and fuel depot, even if base is your color.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

you need to set a FARP ammo storage and fuel depot, even if base is your color.

I don't think so. I've never done it and don't even know how to do it. I just click on the base the generator put me in, switch to "blue" and that's it. At least in quick mission generator - don't know how things work when starting from scratch in full mission editor.