Trouble with launch bar

MurderOne

So, I haven't flown in awhile, and a problem I had when I initially took a break was that toggling the launch bar was "buggy". I fly in VR, so I have to flip the lever. Either method of flipping said lever is a fight; the lever wants to stay up. Using my "virtual hands", either way, the lever wants to stay up. I always eventually get it down, but it's a fight every time. So I'm not sure if this is a bug, or if it's just an oddity; it didn't start until the "hands" were able to physically push buttons and what not. Any suggestions?

Sorry, no cool signature here.

• 5 months later...
I can confirm and this bug is still present. It's not related to VR as the key press produces the same result.

Odd, have never had an issue with the launch bar extending, nor any issue with selecting retract after hooking up to the shuttle.. I click the mouse for that one, unlike the arresting hook. Chance of a double bind? Or possibly a sticking key/button? Have never used the motion controllers with my CV1 as it is too cumbersome with the HOTAS (personally).

Cheers,

Don

Edited by Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Don't know about the VR thing but I remember there was already a thread about this. The lever works like in the real jet. It's not done by just clicking it. You have to click and hold for a sec as the lever has magnetic mechanism or so.

Correct my if I'm wrong but I think it was that way...:music_whistling:

Brrrrrrrrrrrt

I'd rather call in a Strike Eagle...

I7 6700K, MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V 3200, Inno3D GTX 1080, Samsung 970 Evo, Thrustmaster 1.6000M, TrackIr 5

The lever works like in the real jet. It's not done by just clicking it. You have to click and hold for a sec

That is exactly what I do.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Hi you all. I tried several times today with the aircraft perfectly aligned and the switch was always bouncing.

Dream Commodore 64C, 1530 datasette, 1541 floppy disk drive, DCS cartridge, competition pro joystick, 14” Tv with VCR.

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas

The launch bar is a bit finicky. Too short a press and it doesn’t work. It will bounce back up. Too long and it cycles back up after going down.

I had to change my target profile from a pulse to a hold. What I do is hold the switch until it starts down then let go.

It really needs two separate commands (up and down) instead of toggle but I can’t figure out how to make that work in the lua.

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

Yes, it always worked for me too but some time (I use VR) the switch is always bouncing and after 10 or 20 tries it stay down.

I don’t know why.

Dream Commodore 64C, 1530 datasette, 1541 floppy disk drive, DCS cartridge, competition pro joystick, 14” Tv with VCR.

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas