DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

I asked, he gave, I checked, it's all good, he was right about the numbers. No problem here

Perhaps next time before biting your fellow pilots hand, you will check their facts.

The irony here is that it does seem the "Developer Defenders" are more sensitive and compulsive than the ("Whiners/Complainers"). He has every right to be upset, even if he has no BASIS to be upset (And in this case, has that too). This is an extreme case, even ED seems to be admitting they are dropping the ball so can we please stop turning on each other?

Now..

Does, anyone have a timeframe or a summery on what to expect? I really could use some gossip on the FPS issue. So far all I hear is some F18 work has been done., which I as an F-18 owner could careless about since the base sim is in the pooper.

Even unreliable gossip will do for me. :smilewink:

• ED Team

Please dont start a back and forth here in this thread, keep it for the patch notes please.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks for the feedback, we are doing our best to keep you informed to the best of our abilities, everything is very fluid and dynamic, and we cannot always give you a hard answer when we would like to. The Team is just returning from holidays in Russia, although many of them worked through it. When we have better info, we will share it. We also hope to have some updates this week in our newsletter.

Thanks

Thanks for the heads-up. To be honest, I didn't even know about the holidays in Russia. If I had known, I hadn't said a thing about the silence because the reason would have been obvious :)

I guess holidays should be announced just so that people will hold back a bit ... I'm kinda too busy right now to do DCS ... even tho I have some important beta tests on queue coming up just can't do everything at once!

Hang in there people ... try use the process hacker thread-cpu affinity separation workaround from one of my recent perf threads about "too much threading", I think i've seen it help in many other cases not just the one example in the thread (like JF-17 ground radar) ... and make sure you get the latest nightly version which has multi-select for thread affinity changes now supported per my request https://github.com/processhacker/processhacker/issues/583 that should make it much easier and faster doing the workaround as opposed to doing every thread one by one manually.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

You don´t have to, but it´s important to load the non-clipped wing Spitfire before selecting the clipped wing one, and also select the older P-51D before the newer on (I have forgotten which versin is new and which one is older) for each DCS session.

Otherwise the controller profile doesn´t get loaded.

You can do this by having a mission with the older versions as player aircraft, load that mission, quit and then select the mission with the newer version.

This is just one more bug that has been around for a long time and never has been fixed.

No need to do any of that if you manually create separate input folders for clipped Spit and D-30 Pony (comprising files copied form "normal" ones). So in the end, the folder names should be:

P-51D

P-51D-30-NA

SpitfireLFMkIX

SpitfireLFMkIXCW

Now, back to the patch notes....

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Its because MP is a fairly small proportion of the DCS community - which is overwhelmingly SP

Sorry, but were the numbers quoted not 60/40?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

bignewy-

forgive me if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but ive polishid off half a bottle of whiskey this evening..i understand 2.5.6 isnt ready for stable, but is there a metric you guys have as a target for updating stable? is it fewer complaints? a higher aggregate FPS? Specific MP issues being corrected? Supercarrier being ready to go?

Im currently working thru MI8 content, so not worried about having the latest and greatest. i own but honestly dont care about f18,f16, the jeff, et cetera(although, being a rotorhead, id really like to see the new ka50 pit, and new PG lighting), but there are others on stable who do care- it would be nice to know what standards ED aims to attain before stable release can get some love. perhaps the ambiguity is worse than anything: knowing your standards give us a metric to figure how far we are from receiving the past 4+ months of tweaks and updates

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Sorry, but were the numbers quoted not 60/40?

50% more SP than MP. the word "overwhelmingly" can mean different things to different people

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

You mispelled June.

Hey! I'm tryin' to be funny here! Gimme a break!smile.gif

Don't tempt fate!! lol :megalol:

...now I hear them talking: "... the community doesn't want the next OB until June - so we have more time now ..... what a first class community! ...." and that is your fault now, = Mac =. Thanks for that!!! :lol::music_whistling::megalol:

just kiddin - @ ED, keep on rockin, and it's ready, when it's ready. :pilotfly:

Got the feeling the update is going to be substantial. :gun_smilie:

Mind bending??

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

Got the feeling the update is going to be substantial. :gun_smilie:

You must be new here.

Just kidding mate, but my guess is that there will be:

- no new clouds

- no ground radar

- no performance optimizations

But I am open for surprises.

i7-6850K | GTX1080 | 32GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Pro

Open Beta and Stable concerning modules

I have both the OB and Stable on my PC (I realize I may not need to do this). I play on the OB and the have recently purchased more modules, but they have only loaded to OB (which I was on when I purchased them). When I get on to Stable I do not see the recently added modules.

I am not a development team member or help with the debugging process so I probably do not need OB (I have recently found out).

My question(s) is this:

1. (And I think I know the answer) I can download these purchased modules that I currently have on OB from the DCS module manager to the Stable at no charge because I purchased them, right?

2. Or could I simply uninstall OB while still maintaining the modules I have (meaning I do not lose the progress I have made in them)?

I have an internal 420 GB SSD that is filling up and another internal 2 TB SSD that has plenty of room. Having both OB and Stable on my PC is pretty silly and just taking up space. I need to make better use of the drive space I have. I just want to know what is the most efficient and painless way to remove OB.

System Specs:

AMD 5950X (liquid-cooled), Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Pro Motherboard, 32 GB RAM DDR4 3200MHz, Samsung Evo 970 Plus 2 TB, Seagate 2TB SSD, Geforce RTX 4080 GPU, Rosewill Glacier 1000W Power Supply, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS (Stick, Throttle), Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals, NaturalPoint TrackIR 5 w/ProClip, (1) Vizio 40" 4K Monitor, TPLink Dual Band Wireless Card, Window 11 OS

My question(s) is this:

1. (And I think I know the answer) I can download these purchased modules that I currently have on OB from the DCS module manager to the Stable at no charge because I purchased them, right?

Yep, absolutely, you can switch to Stable at no extra cost, you won't need to purchase anything new. You will however lose JF-17 compatibility, which will be the case until stable gets an update. Which I'm hoping will be at the end of May.

2. Or could I simply uninstall OB while still maintaining the modules I have (meaning I do not lose the progress I have made in them)?

Not sure what you mean, unless you mean campaigns? If so, just go to Saved Games -> DCS -> Missions and make a backup of it, it should be compatible with Stable, but not sure. Regardless, if you back it up, you'll have it if you switch back.

I just want to know what is the most efficient and painless way to remove OB.

Either uninstall the OB (but keep a backup of your saved games folder) and install stable or use Skatezilla's tool: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160053

There's also a command line command to install the stable over the OB

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

... My question(s) is this:

Yes, in fact the next time you run the Stable it should prompt you to install the new purchases (except items not available on Stable yet, like the JF-17).

Be careful there .. your Campaign progress is not saved alongside the modules .. it is stored on the file logbook.lua that is on your Saved Games folder .. most likely you have now two of these files, one for Openbeta and another for Stable.

... I just want to know what is the most efficient and painless way to remove OB.

If you have the space, I would keep both versions for the time being ... this way you can run the newer Modules (like Supercarrier or the P-47) as soon as they appear on the Openbeta, rather than wait a long time for them to appear on Stable.

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• ED Team

I have just answered another question about early access and open beta / stable which is relevant so I will quote it below

How our development cycle works. ( simplified )

Dev build > closed beta > open beta > stable version.

Early access modules can be on stable and open beta. Early access has nothing to do with open beta or stable build it just means you are getting access to a module that is in development. Early access modules will always be in open beta first, that is how our development cycle works.

The current situation with the JF-17 is unusual as we had planned to put it into the stable build sooner, but we had problems with the open beta that need to be resolved before we update the stable version.

We will get feedback from the users and gather reports when we patch open beta.

If things go well with the next patches we will see the stable version updated soon after.

Hope that helps

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Can we expect a meaningful patch this week?

Any info appreciated, thanks

The Flying Kiwis (TFK)

Ryzen 5600X on water, RX6800, 32GB 3200, m.2 boot, 2TB EVO,  Rift S, Warthog HOTAS + TFRP, flight chair with bass shakers.

AH-64D || A-10IIC || F/A-18C || UH-1 || F-16C || Mig-29 || Spitfire mk.ix || Fw190A8 || Fw190D9 || P-51D || Ka-50 || Mi-8 || Mi-24P || bf109k-4 || P-47 || Mosquito || Combined Arms

Persian Gulf || Normandy || Nevada || Syria

Supercarrier || NS430

Thank you.

The Flying Kiwis (TFK)

Ryzen 5600X on water, RX6800, 32GB 3200, m.2 boot, 2TB EVO,  Rift S, Warthog HOTAS + TFRP, flight chair with bass shakers.

AH-64D || A-10IIC || F/A-18C || UH-1 || F-16C || Mig-29 || Spitfire mk.ix || Fw190A8 || Fw190D9 || P-51D || Ka-50 || Mi-8 || Mi-24P || bf109k-4 || P-47 || Mosquito || Combined Arms

Persian Gulf || Normandy || Nevada || Syria

Supercarrier || NS430

I don't think we will see a patch this week, I believe the goal is next week now. Thanks.

Is it gonna be a verylarge patch with many changes?

After 30 days without patches it should be :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Don't expect anything big or new this week, just expecting to repair the FPS drop in F-18 because of SA. Why should we wait the next week or two weeks. I don't count on anything new, I just want them to fix what we already have. Are these such great desires? Small steps forward, it's important to do them. :)

Edited by padonis