Top Gun 2

Mule

Super Hornet.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

They're going to bring Goose' character back; he was held in cryo-stasis by a Russian oligarch who bought his body for research into enemy fighter pilot training, they realise how valuable Goose is as an asset and incorporate his body and mind into a FULCRUM-F, Maverick is tasked with bringing him home from the cold.

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

They're going to bring Goose' character back; he was held in cryo-stasis by a Russian oligarch who bought his body for research into enemy fighter pilot training, they realise how valuable Goose is as an asset and incorporate his body and mind into a FULCRUM-F, Maverick is tasked with bringing him home from the cold.

Common knowledge ;)

I'm just guessing but judging by the picture and the trees in the background, I think Maverick is standing on the ramp of VFA-106 at Oceana. There were plot rumors of him being an instructor in TG2 so this would probably be it. I'm expecting a Hollywood rendition of Speed & Angels.

Intel i9-13900K : ASUS TUF RTX 4080 : 32GB G.Skill RipjawsV 4000 : TM HOTAS Warthog : HP Reverb G2

I heard they don't even have a real script, just a blank check and a rough idea, Principal photography for 3 months, then piece together the narrative. Tom Cruise apparently pitched the entire concept, and is the main story creator, which could be good or bad. Speaks to his clout. Waiting to see all the liberal convulsions when it eventually comes out, great balls of fire.

I'm just guessing but judging by the picture and the trees in the background, I think Maverick is standing on the ramp of VFA-106 at Oceana. There were plot rumors of him being an instructor in TG2 so this would probably be it. I'm expecting a Hollywood rendition of Speed & Angels.

Tom Cruise is not here.

Aerial and Principle Filming will be done at NAS Whidbey

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Stress management

The super hornet has not wings to be on top gun 2...it should be the F-4...the plane is dad died.

Enjoy the Picture...and the movie.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

---- " In Peace.....Prepare to War "--------

Wishlist : F-4 Phantom / F-20 TigerShark / Su-34

Processor Core i7 4790, 32 Gb RAM, 2 Tb SSHD, GTX 750 2Gb, 1920X1080 Gaming Monitor, Senze Joypad, Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit, VMware Workstation 12 for WindowsXP with Office 2007 and Linux OpenSUSE for Net Access.

Some Top Gun 2 plot rumors.

https://brobible.com/culture/article/characters-plot-top-gun-goose-son/2/

- Kinda smells like a Independence day 2 rip off, for what ever reason you'd rip that rubbish off.

There math is off though, if Top Gun 2 is now and not in the past, cause Top Gun was 32 years ago, 33 when film is released, and Goose's son was what, 3? in Top Gun.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I dunno. There's only a couple of Tom Cruise movies that weren't successful in thier day. Sure some are dated now but I'll bet this is a decent movie.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I don't really think that this sequel is going to be good as the first Top Gun movie.

I don't really think that the first Top Gun was really good either :D

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Some Top Gun 2 plot rumors.

https://brobible.com/culture/article/characters-plot-top-gun-goose-son/2/

- Kinda smells like a Independence day 2 rip off, for what ever reason you'd rip that rubbish off.

There math is off though, if Top Gun 2 is now and not in the past, cause Top Gun was 32 years ago, 33 when film is released, and Goose's son was what, 3? in Top Gun.

That all seems weirdly specific. I doubt that it's the real plot and characters.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Your in the minority there. It was a box office smash hit and one of the best recruiting tools the USN ever saw.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Perhaps cinematically and some inaccuracies. But back then, and I guess for most of us "aviation nuts", this movie was what started the dream to be an aviator. I remember being 8, and pretending to be in a cockpit on any decent chair i sat in, with matching imaginary stick and throttle.

Tom is a licensed pilot now, so hopefully this movie should be more convincing. Full disclosure, after seeing his tweet for the first time, my heart skipped a beat.

i7 9700k@5.0 Ghz, 32gb DDR4-3200, Maximus XI Formula, Asus Strix GTX 1080ti, 1TB NVMe Samsung 970 Evo, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind Graphite Black, Wheelstandpro Warthog Deluxe V2, TrackIR 5 Pro. ROG Swift PG278Q 2560x1440, 12" Eyoyo LCD 1366x768 for TM Cougar MFDs.

Your in the minority there. It was a box office smash hit and one of the best recruiting tools the USN ever saw.

I bet :lol:

I do like Tomcat and Hornet/ Super Hornet yet :thumbup:

I found this Grumman promotional video. It was probably an inspiration for the movie :music_whistling:

I hope Top Gun 2 will be better than Top Gun 1 and with as much real footage, and as few BS as possible :smilewink:

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

I suppose CGI will save us from seeing them engaging <insert-substitute-here>

Personally I'd prefer to see them carrier landing Folland Gnats post grocery run.

Yankee Doodle Floppy Disk, this is Foxtrot Zulu Milkshake, checking in at 700 feet, request permission to land.

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

I bet :lol:

I do like Tomcat and Hornet/ Super Hornet yet :thumbup:

I found this Grumman promotional video. It was probably an inspiration for the movie :music_whistling:

I hope Top Gun 2 will be better than Top Gun 1 and with as much real footage, and as few BS as possible :smilewink:

Not really... the main inspiration was:

None of the Above: @ 4 minutes 5 Seconds

That being said:

Harold Faltermeyer better be involved, and Danger Zone better not be a "Country" Cover.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs