1st Person View isn't working for me

bkrontz

Hi All,

I downloaded DCS World yesterday and bought/downloaded CA today. I couldn't figure out how to put myself inside of a tank so I hit the forums earlier. From what I gathered, I needed to install the 1.1.2.1 patch... so I did. Still no worky. I'm hitting F7 to roll through units... then RALT+J fires the tank up... I can drive and shoot with an external view... just can't hit Q to get inside... tried all keys on keyboard, but nothing put me in. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Brian

Hi All,

I downloaded DCS World yesterday and bought/downloaded CA today. I couldn't figure out how to put myself inside of a tank so I hit the forums earlier. From what I gathered, I needed to install the 1.1.2.1 patch... so I did. Still no worky. I'm hitting F7 to roll through units... then RALT+J fires the tank up... I can drive and shoot with an external view... just can't hit Q to get inside... tried all keys on keyboard, but nothing put me in. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Brian

no internal 3d views in the tanks yet , its e key for gun positions switching and f7 for external, f1 will place u into gun position then e to change positions .

youll need to install new dcs world base core package 1.2.0 , then ca 1.2.0 on top to play correct.

Edited by diveplane

Hi Diveplane,

Thanks for the quick reply! I tried F1 again and I'm still not dropping into the 1st person turret view. Tried going through all of the keys on the keyboard again and am still stuck in the external view.

I looked over the files I downloaded yesterday and today. I first installed DCS World with the files DCS_World_en_1.1.2.1-1.bin through DCS_World_en_1.1.2.1-3.bin. I guess I didn't need to install the patch today which was DCS_World_patch_en_1.1.2.1-1.bin.

I also just downloaded CA today, so I'm assuming that must be the latest version required... CA_1.2.0.63205.exe

What do you think I'm missing?

Thanks!

Brian

You need DCS:World 1.2.0 and CA

i5 4670 - Sabertooth Z87- GTX Titan - Dell U3011 30" - 2x8GB RAM 1800 - Samsung 840 EVO 512GB SSD - Warthog HOTAS - CH Pro pedals - TrackIR5 - Win7 64bit

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE :thumbup: