Autopilot - Approach mode

LCYCowboy

I have been away from DCS for about a year, but have just returned.

Flying my favourite bird (joint first with the UH-1), I have noticed a few things in the latest version.

When I switch to land mode on the RSBN, I no longer get any flight director deflection, just the raw GS/LOC data.

Also, the cockpit in VR is now a lot more difficult to work with. The yellow bars for LOC/GS are almost unreadable, and the nightlighting is nowhere near as nice as it used to be.

Thanks for any help,

Neil

Please post a track without changing to external views.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

When I switch to land mode on the RSBN, I no longer get any flight director deflection, just the raw GS/LOC data.

Thanks for any help,

Neil

Check which navigation mode you are in (three position toggle to left of ASP)

НАВИГ. = navigation

Check which navigation mode you are in (three position toggle to left of ASP)

НАВИГ. = navigation

Yes, the switch is in the right mode. By selecting it to approach/land mode the two ILS bars (showing LOC and GS) come alive, but the flight directors turn off and just sit crossed in the middle.

I seem to remember from earlier versions, the Flight Directors also worked in Approach mode?

are you within 45 degrees to the runway landing course? close enough?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I am with Cowboy on this. The PRMG is broken at this time. I don't get any input on Landing mode (switch down). I also spent the weekend trying to get the glideslope but no joy. Automatic landing mode is not working. Even command mode seems to be buggy.

I fly the MiG-21 almost exclusively. I put in about 20 hours a week into DCS, so this aircraft is important to me. It is one of the most wonderful aircraft in DCS.

I started out with a bad weather mission then quickly realized I cant catch the glideslope. Tried in good weather and still no joy. Please let us know what is wrong.

I cannot confirm this. At KRYMSK airport, RSBN and PRMG is working. I can land no problems in approach mode or even in automatic mode, remember that you have to land on the active runway which has PRMG enabled (in this case it is the runway 04). It is in the latest beta and I am also attaching screenshot showing correct indications of glideslope on KPP and NPP with approach command mode engaged.

Screen_190223_092037.thumb.jpg.d1a87723deb003b7c6726e0003f0b9e0.jpg

Edited by Dr_Arrow