Update - Page 15 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 09:39 PM   #141
Harlikwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkspade View Post
I'm pretty sure if they have an intended target for a release, somebody is already "harassing" them regardless of the amount of noise the community is making. Someone is a manager already demanding status updates. Not saying that I agree with either POV outright, but it seems the statement of non-communication is perhaps about a lack of preemptive information initial news, as opposed to expecting regularly updated throughout the day. That would be totally unreasonable. Someone makes a post when its on time though.
Sure. But they've also set some general expectations with their release schedule. So I don't see the problem with instead of say a posted changelog you have 9line or wags or whoever just say:

Yup, encountered problems, trying to fix. Expected next date to try is Friday, or next week or whenever depending on the severity. And if Friday rears its ugly head and its still broken, then say, yup still broken, new target Wednesday. IF it gets done early, then you update early and everyone is happy. Yes of course there will be that guy, all pissed off because they said Friday, and it wasn't Friday, but most reasonable people won't.
Old 06-13-2019, 10:07 PM   #142
XtraChrisP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMN View Post
… On DCS map - only 3 characters after the comma
Oh it's worse than that, my friend. If you get your coordinates from the F10 map you'll notice that the coordinates move in .006' increments. It's basically still in DD.MMM.SS but it just converts to DD.MMM.MMM. Zoom in and move your cursor slowly. You'll see what I mean. Right now the only way to get true DD.MMM.MMM is from the mission editor or a targeting pod.
Old 06-13-2019, 10:11 PM   #143
AvroLanc

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLEPA View Post
Who knows when can we expect such an option?
+1 Want these too...

Wags mentioned that different fuzes options were being worked on for JDAM in the last mini-update.

Hopefully he's referring to the changes in that vid. The M904E mech nose fuze isn't realistic for JDAM. Would love to see an option for FMU-152 JPF as well as the various older tail fuzes. The DSU-33 airburst fuze looks awesome.
Old 06-13-2019, 10:45 PM   #144
RaTzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazius View Post
I don't like the idea of a community wanting so much communication that the developers don't have time to do development.
My goodness....
Old 06-14-2019, 12:02 AM   #145
Harlikwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtraChrisP View Post
Oh it's worse than that, my friend. If you get your coordinates from the F10 map you'll notice that the coordinates move in .006' increments. It's basically still in DD.MMM.SS but it just converts to DD.MMM.MMM. Zoom in and move your cursor slowly. You'll see what I mean. Right now the only way to get true DD.MMM.MMM is from the mission editor or a targeting pod.
Or the GAW gci map...

Actually perfectly realistic coordinates from a tpod are nonsense IRL there are a shitton of errors, and unless you are quite close to the tgt they will be off by 10s or 100s of meters.
Old 06-14-2019, 12:28 AM   #146
Pikey
Veteran

Regarding updates, would love just a single source that floats to the top. There's so much noise to sift through, I came across the updates here quite by accident. I think ED communicates a lot more than is obvious which is a shame, it could be managed more efficiently with a little use of the tools others use out there.
Old 06-14-2019, 01:24 AM   #147
Eldur

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCatMucDe View Post
you are not owed an update in yesterday or today or tomorrow. It will come soon. Get a life people. It is spring outside and life is beautiful.
It's summer already and quickly getting hot outside once the sun shows up in Germany... will be going to the seaside in the Netherlands at the weekend because of that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svend_Dellepude View Post
+1

Go outside and look and some girls. They are with less clothes these days, which is a good thing.
That's literally the PRECISE mode for you guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtraChrisP View Post
This needs a change as much as the fact that you just still can't switch units. Nothing hurts more than coming from the Viggen and having to deal with kilometers in an US airplane that utilizes Imperial instead or the other way round.
Old 06-14-2019, 02:21 AM   #148
Thump

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCatMucDe View Post
you are not owed an update in yesterday or today or tomorrow. It will come soon. Get a life people. It is spring outside and life is beautiful.
I fundamentally disagree with your point of view as devs, and publisher companies are veering further and further from being consumer centric (look at Epic as the current whipping horse example). While I agree we are owed nothing, we are paying customers who were given a date of expected release (I'll go ahead and pre-empt the "plans change" chant) that fell through. Those things happen but when you also get the "you're impatient, just wait one more week" Cleveland Steamer and then it is missed again, there will be frustration. Overall, the decision to delay another time was a good decision one in my opinion (I'd rather not break the entire game to force a square peg into a round hole just to get a JSOW), but to not expect vocalized disappointment would be kind of odd.
Old 06-14-2019, 02:49 AM   #149
salling772

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvroLanc View Post
+1 Want these too...

Wags mentioned that different fuzes options were being worked on for JDAM in the last mini-update.

Hopefully he's referring to the changes in that vid. The M904E mech nose fuze isn't realistic for JDAM. Would love to see an option for FMU-152 JPF as well as the various older tail fuzes. The DSU-33 airburst fuze looks awesome.
the JDAM kit use 2 gps units on in the nose and one on the tail kit the nose kit has the efuze kit too. Both units are need for pinpoint accuracy
Old 06-14-2019, 03:17 AM   #150
Rainmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by salling772 View Post
the JDAM kit use 2 gps units on in the nose and one on the tail kit the nose kit has the efuze kit too. Both units are need for pinpoint accuracy
There is no GPS unit in the nose of a standard JDAM, not sure where you are getting that info.

And if you are referring to the GPS puck, that is on the a** end of the tail.

Last edited by Rainmaker; 06-14-2019 at 03:22 AM.
Closed Thread