Community A-4E-C - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-04-2019, 04:53 AM   #11
heclak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCO489 View Post
Thanks for the answers guys, but it didnt work even taking off from Stennis at first. I did the same with the Su-33 and it works fine. But i figure out something trying landings on the kusnetzov with the A-4, that landing inside the zone of hook wires i did the landing ok. tryed that on Stennis and then it went ok. If i touch down before it to let it roll to the wires, then boom. Could it be the answer?
Hmm.. That seems like an unorthodox way of trapping the wires. I'll have to give it a try to find out how that works.
heclak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 04:57 AM   #12
heclak

Quote:
Originally Posted by uboats View Post
would you consider to make this AI to be part of DCS World?
have you tried to contact ED?
I have personally never contacted ED about it. I think the earlier team members might have but I'm not sure about the details. If making it AI would allow for MP compatibility then that would be awesome
Old 06-04-2019, 07:24 AM   #13
heclak

I've updated my guide with a new section on navigation. It does a basic walkthrough of some of the navigation equipment, and the basics of navigating using the TACAN and Navigation Computer System.

https://docs.google.com/presentation...it?usp=sharing

I also did a stream where I test/demonstrate the current implementation of the navigation system. Seem like doing a tutorial mission for it would be a good idea.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/434140403
Old 06-04-2019, 01:27 PM   #14
jacobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by heclak View Post
I've updated my guide with a new section on navigation. It does a basic walkthrough of some of the navigation equipment, and the basics of navigating using the TACAN and Navigation Computer System.

https://docs.google.com/presentation...it?usp=sharing

I also did a stream where I test/demonstrate the current implementation of the navigation system. Seem like doing a tutorial mission for it would be a good idea.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/434140403
Awesome! Thanks a lot!
jacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 10:21 AM   #15
Blustks

Hello! Have the A-4 Skyhawk up and running on DCS. LOVE IT! But . . . How does one get the aircraft carrier Stennis to practice carrier takeoffs and landings?!? Thanks in advance.
Blustks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 03:46 PM   #16
norbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blustks View Post
Hello! Have the A-4 Skyhawk up and running on DCS. LOVE IT! But . . . How does one get the aircraft carrier Stennis to practice carrier takeoffs and landings?!? Thanks in advance.

Use the Mission Editor, place the Stennis in the water and the A-4E on the Stennis. Or use the simple mission attached. Step on the brakes, as soon as the mission starts, else your A-4E will drift backwards.
Attached Files
File Type: miz Caucasus, A-4E on Stennis.miz (6.8 KB, 39 views)
Old 06-09-2019, 04:47 AM   #17
A.P. Hill

Default A 4 not showing in ME or instant action

I have the A4 (latest version A-4E-C.v1.3) installed like this:
C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\aircraft\A-4E-C
It shows in the module manager but not in the game. I have had it running in the past. I recently uninstalled and reinstalled DCS for another issue and have not been able to get the A4 running since then.

Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen_190609_003946.png
Views:	122
Size:	198.7 KB
ID:	211558  
A.P. Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 11:01 PM   #18
A.P. Hill

Got it sorted. Had it installed in the main folder as well as the saved games folder. Ops!
A.P. Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 03:04 AM   #19
heclak

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.P. Hill View Post
Got it sorted. Had it installed in the main folder as well as the saved games folder. Ops!
Sorry I didn't manage to reply to your message in time. But I'm glad you got it fixed.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:07 AM   #20
heclak

Hi everyone,

We are aware that some of the 3d models are broken due to ED dropping support for older EDM formats (pre version 10). We're working to re-export the models with the latest exporter. We'll post an update when we have the new files ready. Thanks for your patience and support.