Community A-4E-C - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-31-2019, 06:42 AM   #1
heclak

Default Community A-4E-C

The Community A-4E-C represents more than three years of work on behalf of the development team. We’re proud to present the most comprehensive DCS World module to date, boasting such capabilities as air-to-ground radar and carrier operations. The A-4 was a cold war workhorse, providing a capable, reliable light attack aircraft to dozens of nations around the world. From the Sinai Desert to the Jungles of Vietnam, the A-4 was a common sight above cold war battlefields.

We thank the DCS World community for their support over the years, and dedicate the module to our friend, mentor and lead coder, Eric “Gospadin” Mudama. His passion and brilliance left a mark on us all, and this labor of love which would not have been possible without him.

Please DO NOT redistribute this mod without permission!

Contributing Developers
Gospadin, gyrovague, kryb / Archimaede, plusnine, Merker, Jones, Farlander, Heclak, Nero, Dr. Manius

Special Thanks
SkateZilla, uboats, The Original HoggitDev Team

Features
  • Clickable cockpit
  • Air-to-ground radar
  • Shrike anti-radiation missile
  • Carrier landing and takeoff

New weapons:
  • AN- series WWII munitions: M30, M57, M65, M66, M81, M88
  • MK4 HIPEG 20 mm gunpod
  • Mk-77 napalm canister
  • SUU-7 bomblet dispenser

Visit our Github page for full installation instructions and download links

Join us on Discord to ask questions and get the latest news the development of the A-4E-C

Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is it really free?
  • Yes, it’s really free!
Q: How large is the module?
  • The download file is 442 MB. Installation size is 515 MB.
Q: Can I donate to the A-4E-C project?
  • We cannot accept donations, but we appreciate your words of support!
Q: Is there a paint kit I can use to create my own A-4E-C liveries?
Q: Is there a user manual or tutorials available?

Last edited by heclak; 06-25-2019 at 03:52 PM.
heclak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 11:44 AM   #2
norbot

Hello Heclak, may I suggest that you could add a version number or release date to the first page of your "Community A-4E-C Guide"? Then we could see quickly if you have updated it.
Old 05-31-2019, 11:57 AM   #3
heclak

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbot View Post
Hello Heclak, may I suggest that you could add a version number or release date to the first page of your "Community A-4E-C Guide"? Then we could see quickly if you have updated it.
Hi Norbot,

Thanks for the suggestion, I really haven't been keeping up with updating the guide. I need to spend more time on it. I'll try to include the last update date the next time I update it. Would one on the first page be sufficient? It might be a bit hard to highlight the specific changes though.
Old 05-31-2019, 12:08 PM   #4
norbot

A date on the first page would be absolutely fine for me.
Old 06-01-2019, 10:22 PM   #5
LCO489

Guys, first of all, thanks you so much for your hard work on this mod, i enjoy it so much. But im having a problem. Im trying to make some missions and im not being able to land on the Stennis. On another mission i was able to takeoff, but in a mission i made only to landing training, it explodes on touchdown. Can you help me?
Apart of that, is there any schedule to more updates?

Thx
LCO489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 01:25 AM   #6
Fusedspine33

Any chance you are overweight, drop tanks, or bombs attached? Seems like this isn't the first time this has been asked. google A-4E NATOPS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCO489 View Post
Guys, first of all, thanks you so much for your hard work on this mod, i enjoy it so much. But im having a problem. Im trying to make some missions and im not being able to land on the Stennis. On another mission i was able to takeoff, but in a mission i made only to landing training, it explodes on touchdown. Can you help me?

Thx

Last edited by Fusedspine33; 06-02-2019 at 01:26 AM. Reason: ipad missing letters
Fusedspine33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 04:35 AM   #7
Savvy

Quote:

Thx
As I understand it, this is a bug with the DCS system. You must start the mission taking off from the Stennis Carrier, then try the landing. It should work fine when you take off from the Stennis first.
Savvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 12:36 PM   #8
heclak

Quote:

Thx
Hi LCO489,

Thanks for the compliments. Savvy is correct that there is a bug in DCS if you do an air start. You need to start from the ship or ground until that bug is fixed in the main sim.

There isn't a concrete schedule for new releases but we already have some updates/fixes done for the next release. Development can be followed on Github as its open sourced. We just need to get it to a releasable state and have some people test it thoroughly before we can officially release it. The Github link is in the first post.
Old 06-02-2019, 08:53 PM   #9
LCO489

Thanks for the answers guys, but it didnt work even taking off from Stennis at first. I did the same with the Su-33 and it works fine. But i figure out something trying landings on the kusnetzov with the A-4, that landing inside the zone of hook wires i did the landing ok. tryed that on Stennis and then it went ok. If i touch down before it to let it roll to the wires, then boom. Could it be the answer?

Last edited by LCO489; 06-02-2019 at 09:33 PM.
LCO489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 11:43 PM   #10
uboats
ED Tester / ED Moderator

would you consider to make this AI to be part of DCS World?
have you tried to contact ED?

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 2TB SSD + 1TB HDD |
| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |
uboats is offline   Reply With Quote