HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset - Page 162 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-14-2019, 12:46 AM   #1611
eaglecash867

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secoda View Post
I am wearing glasses and was concerned of the glasses lenses touching the Reverb lenses but there is a gap - even when tight. On my Lenovo Explorer the gap is so narrow they can touch and mar the glasses and lenses. I don't see any halo or anything funky. IPD may be the issue. I am 64 mm. I think that is why the sweet spot is so large for me.
Definitely not an IPD issue. Its more of a vertical angle issue. If I get the right vertical angle on the HMD, I don't see the halos from the upper and lower edges of the lenses. The problem is, that perfect vertical angle never stays for very long. Its not affecting the clarity of the display, or the size of the sweet spot, I just keep seeing the edges of the lenses and its annoying as hell. Its almost like the foam in the face pad isn't rigid enough so I'm sinking into it just a little too far. I can also make the halos go away just by pulling the HMD away from my face by mere millimeters. Other than that, the cockpit of the A-10C is nice and crisp.

Haven't had much time for tweaking or enabling motion reprojection, so there's smearing of the image if I move my head too fast, but it actually seems to be less pronounced than it is in my Rift with ASW turned off. I think its definitely a keeper, just have to learn all the ins and outs of WMR and SteamVR. I might even figure out that the halos are caused by something I overlooked. Kind of had an embarrassing moment yesterday when I was bummed by the fact that the right eye seemed to have damaged optics right along the vertical center of the lens. That was when I took the HMD off and discovered there was protective film on both lenses. DOH!
ASRock Z370 Professional Gaming i7, Intel i7 8700K Coffee Lake processor @4.7GHz, Corsair H105 Liquid Cooler, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 64GB DDR4 3400 memory, MSI GTX2080Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB video card, Samsung 840PRO 256MB SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 850PRO 2TB SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb Pro, and Oculus Rift CV1.
eaglecash867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 01:30 AM   #1612
Secoda

Thumbs down

I guess everyone's head is shaped differently too and distance from the front of the face to the eyes. Maybe my eyes are sunk a few mm back into my head more. lol I have been loosening the straps slowly just for best comfort and now I think I could wear it easily for a few hours or more in comfort. Before mine arrived on Tuesday I read about someone who left those films on or I might have done the same thing.

How many FPS are you seeing flying near terrain? I don't get much smear moving my head but without the reprojection on it is about 60 FPS near terrain and 90 FPS pointed skyward. The reprojection helps the stutter out the side canopy looking at the terrain at a very low altitude in the F-18 at a high speed. It's not bad with it off but it definitely smooths it out a bit. I am sure it is doing other smoothing.

The clarity is so good I have been watching some of the free 3D VR movies on Steam. Some of them are stunning. You can make any size screen you want in the cliff house. 4K videos on YouTube look great too. I am very impressed after my Lenovo Explorer which always seemed fuzzy with a much smaller sweet spot. The entire DCS main menu is clear now.

For spotting jets at a distance in A2A or seeing the green carrier landing lights (datum) from past 10 NM it is amazing compared to the Lenovo. It certainly makes the Case III landings easier in such clarity and detail. As good as mine is performing I don't see why a 1080ti or even a 1080 wouldn't work pretty well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglecash867 View Post
Definitely not an IPD issue. Its more of a vertical angle issue. If I get the right vertical angle on the HMD, I don't see the halos from the upper and lower edges of the lenses. The problem is, that perfect vertical angle never stays for very long. Its not affecting the clarity of the display, or the size of the sweet spot, I just keep seeing the edges of the lenses and its annoying as hell. Its almost like the foam in the face pad isn't rigid enough so I'm sinking into it just a little too far. I can also make the halos go away just by pulling the HMD away from my face by mere millimeters. Other than that, the cockpit of the A-10C is nice and crisp.

Haven't had much time for tweaking or enabling motion reprojection, so there's smearing of the image if I move my head too fast, but it actually seems to be less pronounced than it is in my Rift with ASW turned off. I think its definitely a keeper, just have to learn all the ins and outs of WMR and SteamVR. I might even figure out that the halos are caused by something I overlooked. Kind of had an embarrassing moment yesterday when I was bummed by the fact that the right eye seemed to have damaged optics right along the vertical center of the lens. That was when I took the HMD off and discovered there was protective film on both lenses. DOH!
I-7 8700K 5 Ghz OC, Trident Z RGB 32GB DDR4-3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, ASUS RTX2080 8GB OC, NVMe M.2 1 TB SSD, EVO 1TB SSD, WD 1TB HD, WD Black 2 TB HD image, Corsair H150i Pro Cooler, HOTAS 16000FCS, Corsair Crystal 570X RGB case, Corsair RM750x Gold PSU, Razer Cynosa Chroma RGB keyboard, Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse, Samsung QLED 4K 82" TV/monitor. HP Reverb Pro. Lenovo Explorer. IRL Private Pilot.

Last edited by Secoda; 06-14-2019 at 01:37 AM.
Secoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 01:36 AM   #1613
Harlikwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellcat View Post
Just got an email from BLT

Thank you very much for your order:

The following item you ordered is in stock:

REVERB VIRTUAL REALITY HEADSET - PROFESSIONAL EDITION

We have processed this item for an estimated ship date of today. The day following shipment, a receipt will be sent by email with tracking information.

If you should have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us via the methods listed below. Thank you for your time, and business.

Best Regards,
David D.
I just got an email with 21st date....
Old 06-14-2019, 02:44 AM   #1614
Wmacky

Still nothing from Amazon. Ordering from them was a absolute mistake......
Wmacky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 02:46 AM   #1615
sze5003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmacky View Post
Still nothing from Amazon. Ordering from them was a absolute mistake......
I search "reverb" or "HP reverb" on Amazon and nothing even remotely close shows up lol.
Asus ROG Strix Z370-E | Core i7 8700k @5.0Ghz-Corsair H100i v2 | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengence LPX 3000 | 1TB Seagate 7200 rpm | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Asus Strix OC 1080Ti | Samsung Odyssey
sze5003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 03:45 AM   #1616
Tinkickef

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglecash867 View Post
I just did the Run As Administrator trick on the shortcut for it on my desktop, because that's what a YouTube video I found said to do. I was doubting it would work for anything other than clicking on the shortcut, but somehow it translated to keeping it from automatically running. When I want to run DCS on the Rift now, I have to manually start Oculus before starting DCS. If I don't do that, it doesn't autorun when DCS is started.
That certainly seems easiest. I will give it a go once my PC has stopped downloading 34GB of Open Beta 2.55 on my lightning fast 3.5Mbs internet connection. It has been on overnight and probably will be all today too.

Hoping that 2.55, Oculus disabled, motion reprojection on auto, setting shadows to flat and backing off some static ground objects populating my airfields will give me better performance on the ground. In the air was not a problem.

Then to try some audio suggestions to get Buttkicker running again (thanks to that poster). Buttkicker is a bit like VR, once you have had it, you can't go back.
System spec: i7 4790k, mainboard - Asus Z97 pro gamer, PSU EVGA Supernova Gold G3 850w. GPU Asus Dual OC 2080TI, 32GB HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 RAM, Samsung evo 850 boot ssd, Crucial MX500 dedicated Oculus Driver and DCS storage SSD, Seagate 1TB hybrid drive for other stuff, HP Reverb Pro, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Buttkicker Gamer 2, dual Inatek 4port USB 3.0 expansion cards.
Tinkickef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 06:22 AM   #1617
imacken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secoda View Post
I know my Reverb has worked perfectly with just over ten hours on it as of a little while ago.

There are a handful of folks on Reddit are having a similar Reverb problem. It sounds like maybe the cable connector? One lens flickers or goes black. I would love to know how many actually shipped on the first go around.
I have that exact issue. The Reverb flickers and goes a bit darker after a few seconds of use. Also, I occasionally get one or both lenses going black for a few seconds and that usually is followed by a DCS/SteamVR crash.
Do you have link to the Reddit thread?
Intel i7 8700K 5.0GHz · Palit RTX 2080 Ti OC Gaming Pro · ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F · Acer 4K 32" XB321HK · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · HOTAS Warthog · ThrustMaster TPR Pedals · TrackIR5 · HTC Vive Pro
imacken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 06:40 AM   #1618
backspace340

Quote:
Originally Posted by imacken View Post
I have that exact issue. The Reverb flickers and goes a bit darker after a few seconds of use. Also, I occasionally get one or both lenses going black for a few seconds and that usually is followed by a DCS/SteamVR crash.
Do you have link to the Reddit thread?
You might want to stick a powered USB hub between the headset and your PC, that solved a lot of flickering issues on my WMR headset. Also SteamVR shuts down if the headset disconnects, which closes DCS, so if you temporarily lose connection (which happened a lot to me without the powered USB hub) then it looks like the game has crashed (when actually it's just the headset switching off/on quickly).
backspace340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 09:28 AM   #1619
imacken

Quote:
Originally Posted by backspace340 View Post
You might want to stick a powered USB hub between the headset and your PC, that solved a lot of flickering issues on my WMR headset. Also SteamVR shuts down if the headset disconnects, which closes DCS, so if you temporarily lose connection (which happened a lot to me without the powered USB hub) then it looks like the game has crashed (when actually it's just the headset switching off/on quickly).
Yep, that's what I thought. I did have it plugged into a non-powered USB hub. I have now moved it to a direct USB3 port on my motherboard.
So far, so good!
Intel i7 8700K 5.0GHz · Palit RTX 2080 Ti OC Gaming Pro · ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F · Acer 4K 32" XB321HK · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · HOTAS Warthog · ThrustMaster TPR Pedals · TrackIR5 · HTC Vive Pro
imacken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 10:10 AM   #1620
Hellcat

If you need to use a hub for any sim/gaming peripherals Powered USB is the only way to go.
i5-7600K @ 4.7 l 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram l 512GB Corsair SSD & 512GB Addlink SSD l EVGA 1080 Ti BLACK EDITION l Win10 Pro l WarBRD/Warthog Hotas /VKB MkIV rudder l ASRock Z270 Gaming K6 MB l HP Reverb / OG Odyssey
Hellcat is offline   Reply With Quote