HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset - Page 160 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-13-2019, 05:29 AM   #1591
Tinkickef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secoda View Post
I would shift the SS to SteamVR as many of us are doing with the PD at 1.0 in DCS and see how it goes before I would buy a new card with a 2070. I suspect it will do ok. Especially if OC'd.

XPlane is real demanding in VR one of the reviewer/testers said. Even more so than DCS.

I tried using the SteamVR beta motion setting (uncommented it) and see a bit less judder when looking sideways close to the ground. The DCS FPS display is stuck on 45 FPS. I think the jury is still out about how much of an improvement it really is for my setup/config. since it is in that 58-60 FPS (without the motion setting) at the moment with the Reverb when near terrain. Still doing minor tweaking.

Great news about enabling motion reprojection in the settings files. I did just that last night while still tinkering with audio. BTW, I removed the headphones and they look at first glance to be identical fittings to the Rift. Might be possible to swap them over if the dimensions are the same..

I did not have time to test the motion reprojection settings, just enabled them and set to auto.

What I did find, despite whatever settings you put in sound as default, WMR overrides them, just like Rift did at release, even analogue stuff won't work. Disappointlng since I just bought some new earbuds for it.

Only way to run my buttkicker, so far as I can see is to run a splitter directly off the headset 3.5mm Jack, one to my buds, the other to the buttkicker amp. I will try tonight. More crap cable tied to the back of my headset. However if Rift headphones fit and the Jack still works with them fitted, happy days other than the addition buttkicker cable. A bit concerned about current running the larger drivers and sending the signal to the amp though.

I hate USB audio, God knows why headset manufacturers always insist on it. Cheaper to use one plug and cable I suppose. However it limits what you can do with audio.

BTW. Has anyone found a way to stop Oculus opening when DCS starts yet? It is a pain in the arse.
System spec: i7 4790k, mainboard - Asus Z97 pro gamer, PSU EVGA Supernova Gold G3 850w. GPU Asus Dual OC 2080TI, 32GB HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 RAM, Samsung evo 850 boot ssd, Crucial MX500 dedicated Oculus Driver and DCS storage SSD, Seagate 1TB hybrid drive for other stuff, HP Reverb Pro, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Buttkicker Gamer 2, dual Inatek 4port USB 3.0 expansion cards.

Last edited by Tinkickef; 06-13-2019 at 05:39 AM.
Tinkickef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 07:53 AM   #1592
ram0506

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkickef View Post
BTW. Has anyone found a way to stop Oculus opening when DCS starts yet? It is a pain in the arse.
Click right on the desktop icon of the Oculus software. Select "properties". Go to field "compatibility" and check field "start program as admin". (I hope the expressions in " " are correct as I use the German version of Windows) That prevents the Oculus software from auto start.
I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Pimax 5K+, Oculus Rift S
ram0506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 08:29 AM   #1593
oz555

Quote:
Great news about enabling motion reprojection in the settings files. I did just that last night while still tinkering with audio. BTW, I removed the headphones and they look at first glance to be identical fittings to the Rift. Might be possible to swap them over if the dimensions are the same..

I did not have time to test the motion reprojection settings, just enabled them and set to auto.

What I did find, despite whatever settings you put in sound as default, WMR overrides them, just like Rift did at release, even analogue stuff won't work. Disappointlng since I just bought some new earbuds for it.

Only way to run my buttkicker, so far as I can see is to run a splitter directly off the headset 3.5mm Jack, one to my buds, the other to the buttkicker amp. I will try tonight. More crap cable tied to the back of my headset. However if Rift headphones fit and the Jack still works with them fitted, happy days other than the addition buttkicker cable. A bit concerned about current running the larger drivers and sending the signal to the amp though.

I hate USB audio, God knows why headset manufacturers always insist on it. Cheaper to use one plug and cable I suppose. However it limits what you can do with audio.

I operate my two BK's through windows 10.

Go to Sound Control Panel- Right click Recording- Hit Show disabled devices-Right click Stereo Mix and enable-Right click Stereo Mix again-Properties-Listen-Tick Listen to this device-Select second soundcard from drop down list-Apply-OK-Hit playback tab-Check both soundcards are enabled-Properties-Check second sound card has volume- Should be good to go.
This works very well, albeit with a little delay.

These settings can reset after Windows Updates. I have found that disabling and re-enabling the second sound card in the Sound Control Panel fixes this.
oz555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 12:50 PM   #1594
eaglecash867

Quote:

Did you try my suggestion of setting Oculus to "Run As Administrator"? I'm doing that on my rig, and Oculus doesn't automatically open when you start DCS.

Just got my Reverb yesterday, so I'm working through all the clunkiness that is WMR. A major issue I noticed right off the bat is that the inside of the HMD doesn't seem to be recessed far enough from the face pad. The spot it seems to want to settle into naturally on my face puts the lenses way too close to my eyes. It doesn't seem to affect focus much, but I can see the edges of the lenses, which makes a rectangular blue halo around each eye. Anybody having the same issue?
ASRock Z370 Professional Gaming i7, Intel i7 8700K Coffee Lake processor @4.7GHz, Corsair H105 Liquid Cooler, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 64GB DDR4 3400 memory, MSI GTX2080Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB video card, Samsung 840PRO 256MB SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 850PRO 2TB SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb Pro, and Oculus Rift CV1.
eaglecash867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 02:48 PM   #1595
Secoda

I am wearing glasses and was concerned of the glasses lenses touching the Reverb lenses but there is a gap - even when tight. On my Lenovo Explorer the gap is so narrow they can touch and mar the glasses and lenses. I don't see any halo or anything funky. IPD may be the issue. I am 64 mm. I think that is why the sweet spot is so large for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglecash867 View Post
Did you try my suggestion of setting Oculus to "Run As Administrator"? I'm doing that on my rig, and Oculus doesn't automatically open when you start DCS.

Just got my Reverb yesterday, so I'm working through all the clunkiness that is WMR. A major issue I noticed right off the bat is that the inside of the HMD doesn't seem to be recessed far enough from the face pad. The spot it seems to want to settle into naturally on my face puts the lenses way too close to my eyes. It doesn't seem to affect focus much, but I can see the edges of the lenses, which makes a rectangular blue halo around each eye. Anybody having the same issue?
I-7 8700K 5 Ghz OC, Trident Z RGB 32GB DDR4-3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, ASUS RTX2080 8GB OC, NVMe M.2 1 TB SSD, EVO 1TB SSD, WD 1TB HD, WD Black 2 TB HD image, Corsair H150i Pro Cooler, HOTAS 16000FCS, Corsair Crystal 570X RGB case, Corsair RM750x Gold PSU, Razer Cynosa Chroma RGB keyboard, Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse, Samsung QLED 4K 82" TV/monitor. HP Reverb Pro. Lenovo Explorer. IRL Private Pilot.

Last edited by Secoda; 06-13-2019 at 02:55 PM.
Secoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 02:57 PM   #1596
dawgie79

Quote:
Right-click My Computer -> Computer Management/Manage -> Services & Applications -> Services -> Oculus VR Runtime service, turn that one to Off and on Manual. When Oculus is needed just turn it on. For easy of use you can create a shortcut directly to services.msc.

Don't give the Oculus App admin privileges, like others have stated, as you don't want to give apps more permissions than needed, because of security reasons.
dawgie79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 03:00 PM   #1597
Secoda

Has more Reverb stock been released anywhere (globally) after the first batch? The US HP Store site where I got mine still shows Out of Stock.
I-7 8700K 5 Ghz OC, Trident Z RGB 32GB DDR4-3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, ASUS RTX2080 8GB OC, NVMe M.2 1 TB SSD, EVO 1TB SSD, WD 1TB HD, WD Black 2 TB HD image, Corsair H150i Pro Cooler, HOTAS 16000FCS, Corsair Crystal 570X RGB case, Corsair RM750x Gold PSU, Razer Cynosa Chroma RGB keyboard, Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse, Samsung QLED 4K 82" TV/monitor. HP Reverb Pro. Lenovo Explorer. IRL Private Pilot.

Last edited by Secoda; 06-13-2019 at 03:02 PM.
Secoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 03:01 PM   #1598
sze5003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secoda View Post
Has more Reverb stock been released anywhere after the first batch? The US HP Store site where I got mine still shows Out of Stock.
I've been looking but haven't found anything. I don't want to order from HP site though. I'd rather get it from a store but even Microsoft store doesn't carry it and I'm not sure if it will since it's the pro version.

I also checked Best buy and they had no such listing. Neither does Amazon.
Asus ROG Strix Z370-E | Core i7 8700k @5.0Ghz-Corsair H100i v2 | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengence LPX 3000 | 1TB Seagate 7200 rpm | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Asus Strix OC 1080Ti | Samsung Odyssey

Last edited by sze5003; 06-13-2019 at 03:15 PM.
sze5003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 03:44 PM   #1599
12Sqn

Default UK Reverb=0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sze5003 View Post
I've been looking but haven't found anything. I don't want to order from HP site though. I'd rather get it from a store but even Microsoft store doesn't carry it and I'm not sure if it will since it's the pro version.

I also checked Best buy and they had no such listing. Neither does Amazon.
Cannot find any supplier in the UK that can sell me a Reverb. I hope someone from Blighty can correct me.
12Sqn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 03:46 PM   #1600
sze5003

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Sqn View Post
Cannot find any supplier in the UK that can sell me a Reverb. I hope someone from Blighty can correct me.
Interesting as those that seem to have one already are in UK or Europe in general. I was talking about the US, there's been nothing over here for a while. But I can walk into any store and buy a Rift S.
Asus ROG Strix Z370-E | Core i7 8700k @5.0Ghz-Corsair H100i v2 | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengence LPX 3000 | 1TB Seagate 7200 rpm | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Asus Strix OC 1080Ti | Samsung Odyssey
sze5003 is offline   Reply With Quote