HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset - Page 146 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-10-2019, 04:26 PM   #1451
HunchyTheHuncher

Thank you to everyone for the help!

I also heard that the "Run as admin" trick no longer stopped Oculus from loading up automatically. I will try it again along with the other suggestions (manually stopping the service or stopping it via Oculus tray tool.

Regarding my poor performance on DSC with Reverb, I will see if Steam VR's reprojection improves smoothness and try lowering down my settings. Up to now I've been spoilt with ASW 2.0 on the Rift which completely eliminated ghosting and juddering.

Other than these technical niggles I must say that I'm very impressed with the Reverb's image clarity. Coming from a CV1 it truly is a revelation!
System: i7 6700K@4.7 GHz | Asus Sabertooth Z170 S | Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti GAMING OC 11G | Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 32 GB @ 3200 MHz | Oculus Rift CV1 | Acer Predator XB271HK 27" 4K G-SYNC Monitor

Controls: VKB Gunfighter Mk II MCG Pro | Virpil WarBRD Constellation Delta | Virpil MT-50 Throttle | MFG Crosswinds

Hunchy's Channel
HunchyTheHuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 07:06 PM   #1452
imacken

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunchyTheHuncher View Post
Thank you to everyone for the help!

I also heard that the "Run as admin" trick no longer stopped Oculus from loading up automatically. I will try it again along with the other suggestions (manually stopping the service or stopping it via Oculus tray tool.

Regarding my poor performance on DSC with Reverb, I will see if Steam VR's reprojection improves smoothness and try lowering down my settings. Up to now I've been spoilt with ASW 2.0 on the Rift which completely eliminated ghosting and juddering.

Other than these technical niggles I must say that I'm very impressed with the Reverb's image clarity. Coming from a CV1 it truly is a revelation!
How are you switching SteamVR reprojection on or off? Sure you don't mean WMR motion reprojection?
Intel i7 8700K 5.0GHz · Palit RTX 2080 Ti OC Gaming Pro · ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F · Acer 4K 32" XB321HK · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · HOTAS Warthog · ThrustMaster TPR Pedals · TrackIR5 · HTC Vive Pro
imacken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 07:22 PM   #1453
IanHx2

Well, the Reverb has landed....
Comparing it to my old Lenovo Explorer, it's a little.....underwhelming.
Possibly a little more detail on the Burj Khalifa. Maybe a slightly more weathered look when looking at the F18 LERX. But it still looks like I'm sitting in a cardboard cut out with pop up switches, rather than an all metal death dealing machine.

I'm quite sure all this is because I'm not using proper settings - just left SteamVR settings as per default install 100%, let application decide, DCS at PD 1.0 and High graphics defaults
( Before you laugh too much - was concerned about blue line across the middle of the panel. Turned out to be the plastic film covering the lens that needed to be removed - doh ! )

The one thing I am noticing a lot of though is a tendency for that dark grey screen with lines radiating into the distance that you see during loading to intermittantly briefly pop up while flying. Possibly some sort of usb quirk on my system maybe.

Outside of DCS, Microsoft cliff house looks fairly similar, not so much SDE as the Lenovo but by no means SDE free.

In DCS - Hornet hud is lovely and clear, still finding myself leaning in a little to read the switch labels , and a bit more again to read the MFDs.

In conclusion - am I happy with it ? Yes. Is it the Second Coming of VR ? Definitely not. Or at least not yet.
IanHx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 07:23 PM   #1454
Nagilem

@imacken - I think he means this...

https://steamcommunity.com/games/719...33167137673234

Its what I've meant by saying SteamVR reprojection since its done in SteamVR and not WMR directly.
Old 06-10-2019, 07:25 PM   #1455
Kayos

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanHx2 View Post
Possibly a little more detail on the Burj Khalifa. Maybe a slightly more weathered look when looking at the F18 LERX. But it still looks like I'm sitting in a cardboard cut out with pop up switches, rather than an all metal death dealing machine.

I'm quite sure all this is because I'm not using proper settings - just left SteamVR settings as per default install 100%, let application decide, DCS at PD 1.0 and High graphics defaults
( Before you laugh too much - was concerned about blue line across the middle of the panel. Turned out to be the plastic film covering the lens that needed to be removed - doh ! )

The one thing I am noticing a lot of though is a tendency for that dark grey screen with lines radiating into the distance that you see during loading to intermittantly briefly pop up while flying. Possibly some sort of usb quirk on my system maybe.

Outside of DCS, Microsoft cliff house looks fairly similar, not so much SDE as the Lenovo but by no means SDE free.

In DCS - Hornet hud is lovely and clear, still finding myself leaning in a little to read the switch labels , and a bit more again to read the MFDs.

In conclusion - am I happy with it ? Yes. Is it the Second Coming of VR ? Definitely not. Or at least not yet.
You have to set it to 188% in Steam to get the default resolution, not 100%.
Old 06-10-2019, 07:29 PM   #1456
sze5003

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanHx2 View Post

Much different impression compared to those that said everything was so clear and did not require zooming in to read stuff. Wonder why some people and reviews say it's so clear and different and others say differently. Wonder if those people probably don't have good vision in the first place lol?
Asus ROG Strix Z370-E | Core i7 8700k @5.0Ghz-Corsair H100i v2 | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengence LPX 3000 | 1TB Seagate 7200 rpm | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Asus Strix OC 1080Ti | Samsung Odyssey
sze5003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 07:29 PM   #1457
Nagilem

@IanHx2 -

Because there are settings settings everywhere for WMR, can you please post based on

WMR
Hz - 60 or 90?
Experience - low, med, high, very high beta

Steam VR
Motion Reprojection https://steamcommunity.com/games/719...33167137673234
Current SteamVR custom setting - in % and res at the bottom
Dev SS - on or off

NVidia
MFAA on or off?
Power setting?
Other settings of note?

You said DCS PD 1.0, textures low...
What about shadows?
What about Trees?
What about object distance?
MSAA? SSAA?

Not trying to be difficult, but looking for some commonality with others posts about performance.
Old 06-10-2019, 07:33 PM   #1458
Nagilem

@IanHx2 - and one other thing... What GPU, CPU and memory do you have?
Old 06-10-2019, 07:56 PM   #1459
Harlikwin

Hey Nagilem,

Since you seem to be the resident WMR experten, would you be willing to pop over to MilesD thread on point control and talk to him about the mouse cursor issues with WMR. Not sure if its going to be a problem for pointctrl or not.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...18861&page=120

-Thanks
Old 06-10-2019, 08:02 PM   #1460
IanHx2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayos View Post
You have to set it to 188% in Steam to get the default resolution, not 100%.
SteamVR settings : application 100 % video custom 180 % gives resolution of 2156 x 2116 per eye. 188 % would give quite a bit more than the 2160 x 2160 per eye of the headset ?

At 2156 x 2116, it doesn't look a heck of a lot different. Can make out the containers on the decks of ships in Persian Gulf. If I lean in, then I can actually read the symbology on the moving map display rather than it still being a bit blurry. Looks a tiny bit more like metal than cardboard.

9900K / RTX2080Ti./ 32Gb RAM. Video settings in DCS as per 'high' preset default. System tab - res 2560x1440. Not that that should affect VR res ?

Last edited by IanHx2; 06-10-2019 at 08:07 PM.
IanHx2 is offline   Reply With Quote