JF-17 Thunder Discussions

probad

Is this price official?
For the Harrier, yes

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Is this price official?

It was example for Harrier on Black week :).

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Well, Heatblur went way over the top with their F-14 teasing and pre-release hype but in that case I feel it was justified.

Stuff like the MiG-19 and some WWII planes have, on the other hand, snuck in half un-noticed recently.

Personally, I had no idea what a JF-17 was until recently but I read its design and history and was immediately very, very interested. Other people may not be so easy to hype up about a Chinese/Pakistani jet they haven't heard of and isn't already cemented in their immagination. Better to undersell and impress disproportionately, especially as a newcomer.

The low-key release suits it in that sense. People "in the know" are quitely hyped, it will turn up and then everyone else will be rudely awakened by the sound of Thunder. ;)

Same here. But it’s different, and it can kill a carrier!!! It’s different, it has different weapons, and I can use it like a red F-16, what’s not to love.

The only country that operates it also operates f16s... So if you wanna call this jet red then you can use f16s as red too without any weight on your conscience.

??

They operate Chengdu J-7 too, and that doens't make Chengdu J-7 a blue plane, because of the F-16 :)

and yes, Chengdu JF-17 is a red plane.

Well Pakistan (the only other user of the JF-17 (so far) is not NATO, so it is a Red country ;) LOL

No seriously, its not a NATO made plane so yes its closer to a "RED" airplane than a "BLUE" airplane if you will.. also Germany operates Mig 29´s it does not make it a "BLUE" Plane.. of sorts..

P.S. I believe planes have no nationalities or ideologies so, go figure ;)

I believe you have watched today's wonderful test video

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/513730824

At present, there are some small problems with the air to ground radar, but please rest assured that when it was released on December 4, we could still use the air to ground radar function. The solution is: the "cockpit display resolution" in the setting option forbids frame by frame drawing, which can be solved

IMG_4199.PNG.9adf6da53258a70392f4531f330b5f7c.PNG

IMG_4200(20191127-142032).thumb.JPG.460f7fea3adca931f838a83ce80259ea.JPG

I believe you have watched today's wonderful test video

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/513730824

At present, there are some small problems with the air to ground radar, but please rest assured that when it was released on December 4, we could still use the air to ground radar function. The solution is: the "cockpit display resolution" in the setting option forbids frame by frame drawing, which can be solved

fixed

I noticed in the stream that the voice callouts sound different compared to the latest Youtube video on Dekas channel.

Maybe I'm wrong but in the stream the callout sounds very similar to the woman's voice that annotated the first three Youtube videos.

I'm guessing it's WIP?

Edited by Manuel_108

fixed

Nice.

btw.

No FPS impact if You use A/G radar?

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Stuff like the MiG-19 and some WWII planes have, on the other hand, snuck in half un-noticed recently.

I agree on the WW2 stuff generally being low key, but I don't fly WW2 stuff much.But you are wrong on the Mig-19, which was pretty well hyped before release, and then Raz totally porked the release, so after being thoroughly embarrassed they quickly stopped hyping it right before it came out. But there was 2-3 months of hype indicating it would be fully finished prior to the whole ED QA team saying it wasn't even fit for an EA release, and then embarrassingly releasing it as EA a month or so later.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Well Pakistan (the only other user of the JF-17 (so far) is not NATO, so it is a Red country ;) LOL

No seriously, its not a NATO made plane so yes its closer to a "RED" airplane than a "BLUE" airplane if you will.. also Germany operates Mig 29´s it does not make it a "BLUE" Plane.. of sorts..

P.S. I believe planes have no nationalities or ideologies so, go figure ;)

I like to think of "design philosophy" in terms of Red v Blue, and in this regard the JF-17 is a blend of both, but more "reddish" IMO so maybe its a "purple plane".

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Hi! Hello everyone! I know that the last live video, air to ground radar problems, caused everyone's unease. This can be solved by setting. Fortunately, they fixed the bug quickly. Here is a player's latest air to ground radar demonstration. The air to ground radar operates normally and the efficiency of searching targets is amazing. I believe it will bring you unprecedented experience

https://b23.tv/av77262423

9A401B04-2861-4015-819D-67A3A5623F0B.jpeg.debc1d174ab04e5e1150d66577a3eb58.jpeg

54A6F0DD-45BD-40B2-9D1D-E549FF53738D.jpeg.c5d5ba1355d7d5e82476f92e55fdca57.jpeg

5CFACB19-6FCF-4BF2-A791-5777D38233B5.jpeg.3adb22af8e514d4aa21fd06933c9d987.jpeg

@kaoqumba

Do you happen to know if DBS is implemented or not? I know back in August DIS said they still had issues with it and it might not make it into EA in Sept, but because of the delay, I thought there might still be a chance that it made it. Thanks!

Sorry, WIP! In fact, as long as you keep flying flat for a while, the radar can scan out moving targets, or objects of a certain size, but it can't zoom in yet. At present, the dis team plans to redevelop their own air to ground radar technology after release, and the DBS mode will be implemented.

A quick question: Is the 'bitching Betty' voice a WIP or is that how the real one sounds like? Cause I swear it's the exact same soothing voice as from 'one of the wives'!

The real one is TTS voice, it's too boring.

We support custom voice automatically,

if you can get real betty voices and like it very much,

just put voice files into the special dir.

The real one is TTS voice, it's too boring.

We support custom voice automatically,

if you can get real betty voices and like it very much,

just put voice files into the special dir.

Could you possible set an option in the ‘special’ optionsfor the 17, where you set you ecm presets, where people can choose the real 17’s TTS, or deka’s custome voiceover?

Ik you’re very close to release so maybe not straight away, but it could be something to think about? :thumbup: