DCE Campaigns - Page 56 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-08-2019, 07:17 PM   #551
PB0_CEF

In the same file you can change the timing of the SAM suppression ! It can be a more cool way to make it heasier without changing all the philosophy in the same file than above in this line :
timer.scheduleFunction(RadarOn, ctrl, timer.getTime() + math.random(240, 600)) --Schedule turning radar back on in 4 to 10 minutes

You can change to (600,1200) : it will turn radar back on in 10 to 20 minutes for example (or less if you want to play less secure ) but will not automatically destroy it for the next missions
PB0_CEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 07:25 PM   #552
Markeebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB0_CEF View Post
In the same file you can change the timing of the SAM suppression ! It can be a more cool way to make it heasier without changing all the philosophy in the same file than above in this line :
timer.scheduleFunction(RadarOn, ctrl, timer.getTime() + math.random(240, 600)) --Schedule turning radar back on in 4 to 10 minutes

You can change to (600,1200) : it will turn radar back on in 10 to 20 minutes for example (or less if you want to play less secure ) but will not automatically destroy it for the next missions
A VERY viable option. Thanks

Markeebo

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Markeebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 04:08 AM   #553
Markeebo

Another tech question.

I just watched an F16 land in Iran. I'm sure this is due to the fact that none of the airfields are declared for a coalition.

Will manually declaring an airfield for a coalition mess up the DCE?

I'm sure if it had been declared red, he would have gone somewhere else.

Or perhaps he was defector....

Markeebo

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Markeebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 06:06 AM   #554
PB0_CEF

Good to know : I never noticed that !
I think I only have to put some Iranian defenses on all bases to « declare » them of the good side (and same for the blue side airbases)
Thanks for this information
Old 05-10-2019, 10:22 AM   #555
Dave317

I'm having a bit of a problem with the F14 CVN missions. If there are more than 2 F14's on deck my wingman crashes into the 3rd aircraft. I assume this is an ED problem but is there any way around this while we wait for a fix?
Dave317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 10:51 AM   #556
PB0_CEF

What was your mission ? Which campaign exactly ?
Old 05-10-2019, 11:12 AM   #557
Dave317

Tomcat over Caucasus CVN. Intercept mission I think.
edit. Just tried it with the PG campaign on the carrier and it's the same. If you have more than one wingman they will collide on deck as soon as number 2 starts to taxi. Where can it be adjusted to only have one wingman?

Last edited by Dave317; 05-10-2019 at 04:23 PM.
Dave317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 01:48 PM   #558
sirrah

Since version 9 of Hornets over PG I'm experiencing strange graphics when flying night missions.

I post this here because I only have this issue on this DCE campaign.

Let me try to explain..
When setting gamma below 1.4, the skies turn to "256 color bitmap" kind of graphics. It only happens during night missions when it's completely dark outside. When switching NVG on, the effect diasappears and all looks normal.

I play VR only and don't have a proper monitor, so I'm not sure if it's a VR only problem. Also I didn't manage to take a screenshot from this strange effect, because it isn't visible when I do a print screen.

This is roughly the effect that I see (though skies only and night time only)

Anyone else experiencing this?

- I allready cleared the fxo and metashader2 folders, but no joy
- When I set gamma to 1.4 it disappears (I usually have it set lower due to the poor black of the cv1)
- Running DCS OB (latest version)
- Running DCE Hornets over the PG v.11
sirrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 02:18 PM   #559
PB0_CEF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave317 View Post
Tomcat over Caucasus CVN. Intercept mission I think.
edit. Just tried it with the PG campaign on the carrier and it's the same. If you have more than one wingman they will collide on deck as soon as number 2 starts to taxi. Where can it be adjusted to only have one wingman?

Since the last Miguel Mod you should have this bug only with Tomcat intercept missions with 2 x 2 Flights : they appear on parking on the same line and will collide. All other missions should be fixed (we hope ) We are working on this (hotstart_intercept starting on the catapult maybe ? ) but now I see only too solutions :
- Use only 2 planes in squadrons : it will be difficult to generate missions

- Don't enable Intercept missions for Tomcats waiting for a fix ....
Old 05-12-2019, 12:42 PM   #560
grant977

Is there a way to cut down on CAP missions for the F14 without turning it off in the options? And if I do so do I need to totally restart the campaign to make it take effect?
grant977 is offline   Reply With Quote