=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server - Page 248 - ED Forums
 


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2019, 01:59 PM   #2471
iFoxRomeo
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 463
Default

What version of SRS is currently in use? I can't connect to the given ip with the current version (1.6.1.0) of SRS.

BTW. Thanks EEKZ for the Server

Fox
iFoxRomeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 03:55 PM   #2472
Magic Zach
Senior Member
 
Magic Zach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Alaska
Posts: 1,293
Default

There is no working SRS for BS
__________________
Magic Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 11:57 PM   #2473
Helihead(Digger)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Australia
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eekz View Post
Agree, but the improvement should be considered wisely, as I think in general ELO represents pilots skill quite nicely and also creates some nice metagame.
Agree I have noticed some players in the the top 5 seem to slowwww their attacks towards the end of the round for each season. Makes for interesting results. Now Flying today we (362nd) noticed the 109 has now upgraded its armour from a Tiger Tank to a Super TIGER and takes 7 or 8 planes to bring one down? Obviously a glitch in the DM but its was very noticeable today! On almost all of my fights today (5 Kills) of the 109 it was several planes shooting the K4 to finally get the kill and when I mean several I counted 8 and the K4 kept flying after all 8 Allied aircraft including the Spitfire Shooting all his cannon into the 109K4 with (Nil performance degradation) except lots of smoke. I know this is most likely a DCS issue as no one in their right mind would make the K4 harder to Kill. Perhaps consider to remove the K4 until this is repaired? Any other comments welcome?
Helihead(Digger) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 03:24 PM   #2474
No.119_Bruv (VK-B)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: England
Posts: 29
Default

Have had alot of fun in burning skies over the last two weeks. Thanks for all your efforts in creating it.
No.119_Bruv (VK-B) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 01:56 AM   #2475
Snapage
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helihead(Digger) View Post
Agree I have noticed some players in the the top 5 seem to slowwww their attacks towards the end of the round for each season. Makes for interesting results. Now Flying today we (362nd) noticed the 109 has now upgraded its armour from a Tiger Tank to a Super TIGER and takes 7 or 8 planes to bring one down? Obviously a glitch in the DM but its was very noticeable today! On almost all of my fights today (5 Kills) of the 109 it was several planes shooting the K4 to finally get the kill and when I mean several I counted 8 and the K4 kept flying after all 8 Allied aircraft including the Spitfire Shooting all his cannon into the 109K4 with (Nil performance degradation) except lots of smoke. I know this is most likely a DCS issue as no one in their right mind would make the K4 harder to Kill. Perhaps consider to remove the K4 until this is repaired? Any other comments welcome?
yeah, Im wondering if something on the server is causing the issue. I had no problem the weekend after the patch came out. Could shoot planes down as per normal. But the last few days the 109 in particular does not seem to take much damage from hits. Takes a silly amount of hits to bring them down. I'm not even sure if a single P51 can shoot a 109 down at the moment. I think the P51D does not carry enough ammo. I watched 5+ aorcraft chase and shoot a single 109 and struggle to shoot it down. I switched to the spitfire because its cannons normally wreck planes reletivelty quickly but I found myself almost running out of ammo before enemy planes would go down.

I bounced a 109 and put a good 3 second burst in his ass at close range before he reacted. I saw no noticable damage and then he started dogfighing me lol. It got to the point where I was luring them into our AA because my guns were not doing enough damage and I kept running out of ammo. I wish I had shadowplay working, would have had some amusing videos.

I have not had a chance to test it yet but I suspect its an issue with the Burning skies mission. Maybe something to do with the fix for the multiple kills bug.
Snapage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 12:46 AM   #2476
ArcLite
Junior Member
 
ArcLite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 15
Default

Hey guys,
I’ve never played multiplayer before and am thinking I’d like to. I fly numerous planes, but due to the nature of the dog fighting and my love of old warbirds, feel that WW2-era multiplayer would perhaps be the most fun. That said, hopefully it’s okay to ask these questions here even though they’re not exactly BS server related (but I’m interested in playing on your server for the aforementioned reasons):

The biggest question I have is this: Will I get completely dominated playing in VR? As others who have gone VR can attest, there’s no going back. However the main issues and potential handicaps I see are both a result of visibility. I know spotting other aircraft is hard enough as it is, but it’s REALLY hard in VR. I mention this because in the videos I’ve watched from the server it looks like no type of labels are used. I imagine It’ll be very easy to get bounced often.

Second is the difficulty in checking your six. Again in videos, I see guys on monitors using a key or whatever to quickly, easily, and clearly check directly behind them. This is harder (although more realistic) in VR and potentially a major disadvantage.

Perhaps I’m looking too hard into it all and should just jump in and try. Thanks to anyone who read this far into my rambling and for any responses.

-Chris
__________________
ArcLite

i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz / 1080Ti 11GB / 32GB DDR4 / TM Warthog / Oculus Rift S
F/A-18C / A-10C / F-86F / P-51D / Spitfire / Fw 190A-8 / Bf 109K-4
ArcLite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 12:58 AM   #2477
Magic Zach
Senior Member
 
Magic Zach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Alaska
Posts: 1,293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helihead(Digger) View Post
Agree I have noticed some players in the the top 5 seem to slowwww their attacks towards the end of the round for each season. Makes for interesting results. Now Flying today we (362nd) noticed the 109 has now upgraded its armour from a Tiger Tank to a Super TIGER and takes 7 or 8 planes to bring one down? Obviously a glitch in the DM but its was very noticeable today! On almost all of my fights today (5 Kills) of the 109 it was several planes shooting the K4 to finally get the kill and when I mean several I counted 8 and the K4 kept flying after all 8 Allied aircraft including the Spitfire Shooting all his cannon into the 109K4 with (Nil performance degradation) except lots of smoke. I know this is most likely a DCS issue as no one in their right mind would make the K4 harder to Kill. Perhaps consider to remove the K4 until this is repaired? Any other comments welcome?
Odd. After the update, I didn't detect any issue. I dove on a 109 with my 51, and with a long 2 second burst, I knocked off his tail and he flat spun into the ground, and before that I did a similar tactic and burst length, and knocked off a 109's left wing.

What I do have a hard time with is the A8. I can pump another few hundred pounds of lead into a 190A8, and it will still tick its way back home, fat and happy
__________________
Magic Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 10:14 PM   #2478
Campbell
Member
 
Campbell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: United States
Posts: 268
Default

What is up with the K4? I caught one low and slow over the airfield. I unloaded everything I had into his cockpit. Not only did he fly away on fire, but he was easily climbing as he did it. I had to RTB I used every bullet. ?????


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 11:36 PM   #2479
DefaultFace
Member
 
DefaultFace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 643
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcLite View Post
Hey guys,
I’ve never played multiplayer before and am thinking I’d like to. I fly numerous planes, but due to the nature of the dog fighting and my love of old warbirds, feel that WW2-era multiplayer would perhaps be the most fun. That said, hopefully it’s okay to ask these questions here even though they’re not exactly BS server related (but I’m interested in playing on your server for the aforementioned reasons):

The biggest question I have is this: Will I get completely dominated playing in VR? As others who have gone VR can attest, there’s no going back. However the main issues and potential handicaps I see are both a result of visibility. I know spotting other aircraft is hard enough as it is, but it’s REALLY hard in VR. I mention this because in the videos I’ve watched from the server it looks like no type of labels are used. I imagine It’ll be very easy to get bounced often.

Second is the difficulty in checking your six. Again in videos, I see guys on monitors using a key or whatever to quickly, easily, and clearly check directly behind them. This is harder (although more realistic) in VR and potentially a major disadvantage.

Perhaps I’m looking too hard into it all and should just jump in and try. Thanks to anyone who read this far into my rambling and for any responses.

-Chris
No, not at all. Some of the best players I know fly with VR. It has some advantages, and some disadvantages, but overall it wont make someone significantly better or worse.

Spotting is bad, but its bad on a monitor too.... and the labels help a little. IDing is more of an issue, especially now that the trwcers arent all different anymore. it can help to fly in a group where people talk about what theyre attacking a bit.

as you say 6 checks are the biggest disadvantage. can make last ditch defensive flying significantly more challenging, but if youre a newbie i wouldnt worry about that too much anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell View Post
What is up with the K4? I caught one low and slow over the airfield. I unloaded everything I had into his cockpit. Not only did he fly away on fire, but he was easily climbing as he did it. I had to RTB I used every bullet. ?????
The DMs have been shoddy at best for all the planes for long enough that everyone here already knows about it. Even more so with the process of making and integrating the new ones recently. Do you guys really have to keep on repeating yourselves every 5 minutes on every damn thread you can find? Or is it some sort of unwritten rule in the 362nd that you have to proclaim the mustangs inferiority at every possible chance?

Can you imagine the butthurt there would be if a sqn of 109 pilots complained about the mustang or spit as incessantly as you do?
__________________
9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin
DefaultFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 12:39 AM   #2480
Campbell
Member
 
Campbell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: United States
Posts: 268
Default =BURNING SKIES= WWII Server

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefaultFace View Post
No, not at all. Some of the best players I know fly with VR. It has some advantages, and some disadvantages, but overall it wont make someone significantly better or worse.



Spotting is bad, but its bad on a monitor too.... and the labels help a little. IDing is more of an issue, especially now that the trwcers arent all different anymore. it can help to fly in a group where people talk about what theyre attacking a bit.



as you say 6 checks are the biggest disadvantage. can make last ditch defensive flying significantly more challenging, but if youre a newbie i wouldnt worry about that too much anyway.







The DMs have been shoddy at best for all the planes for long enough that everyone here already knows about it. Even more so with the process of making and integrating the new ones recently. Do you guys really have to keep on repeating yourselves every 5 minutes on every damn thread you can find? Or is it some sort of unwritten rule in the 362nd that you have to proclaim the mustangs inferiority at every possible chance?



Can you imagine the butthurt there would be if a sqn of 109 pilots complained about the mustang or spit as incessantly as you do?


Maybe if you paid attention you would have notice That I didn’t mention the damage modal, yea it sucks! We know!!! Nor did I state “inferiority” of the P51, No, I didn’t!!! “You did!” I simply posted my experience so that Eekz would know that something has changed from the last update and not for the better. The K4 has always been hard to kill but it is different now, something changed from the last update on this particular server and not for the better. It’s not just the P51 but also the Spitfire experiencing the same issue. I was posting my experience to make Eekz aware of it and just maybe he would look into it sense it is the forum for his server. So, maybe you should focus less on throwing around accusations and actually add something constructive, and yes plenty of 109 pilots have constantly whined about how hard it is to kill Spitfires and how the 190 MW50 is broken.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:26 AM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.