Virtual RAF Chinook Display team - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-05-2013, 03:29 PM   #1
Calico

Exclamation Virtual RAF Chinook Display team

Hello everyone, my name is Calico or you can just call me Ollie. I've been directed here by the head of the Virtual Blue Angels to find out some information. I fly in DCS World and have flown with the simulator community for just over 3 years now with lots of aerobatic experience discovering that a natural ability of mine has been formation. Now, as a result of all the aerobatic flying I decided to set up a solo demonstration team based on the real one that displays in the UK, the RAF Chinook Display Team. I have flown this display since early January 2013 on Microsoft Flight Simulator X which yes I know is now out dated and not as realistic as DCS. That is why I have come here because I know that someone on this forum will help me out with. I know that there is already a Chinook AI model in DCS at the moment how ever it is not fully flyable. If there is anyone that could help me make the Chinook fully flyable with a 3D modeled cockpit or maybe just transfer a cockpit such as the Huey's which I could probably get used to. Adjusting the aircraft flight dynamics would also be necessary considering I doubt it flies like the CH-47 does in real life. Once again if there is anyone that could try and develop this aircraft for me, maybe at a small price... then that would be great! Thank you for reading and I hope you take your time to consider what I have said.
Calico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:49 PM   #2
aaron886+
Posting Rights Suspended

Hate to let you down, but this is not FSX, and it's very unlikely that you'll find someone who wants to spend their hobby time on that undertaking. If you search, however, you might find a flyable mod that will involve a poor flight model and no cockpit.
aaron886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:22 PM   #3
G00dnight

there is no harm in asking I would like to see this also as I have spent many a long hour sitting by the range at odiham watching the wokka birds do their thing..Lovely...
Old 12-07-2013, 07:05 AM   #4
sobek
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico View Post
develop this aircraft for me, maybe at a small price... then that would be great!
Sorry m8, i hate to burst your bubble but if done to DCS level, you are talking 5 digit at the very least.

Last edited by sobek; 12-07-2013 at 08:54 AM.
sobek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 08:10 AM   #5
NRG-Vampire
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobek View Post
5 figures at the very least.
minimum 10.000 ?
but
are you talking about russian rubles, $ or £ ?
Old 12-07-2013, 08:59 AM   #6
Calico

Well it would have to be paid in British Pounds how ever I'm not expecting it to be DCS A-10C level, if someone could just get the flight dynamics right and maybe add in the Huey or Mi8 cockpit, I think I could live with that.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:05 AM   #7
sobek
Veteran

Quote:
Well it would have to be paid in British Pounds how ever I'm not expecting it to be DCS A-10C level, if someone could just get the flight dynamics right and maybe add in the Huey or Mi8 cockpit, I think I could live with that.
That still amounts to a few hundred man hours for a highly trained engineer/programmer. If you want to follow through with this, you better erase the word just from your lexicon.
sobek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 05:20 PM   #8
Calico

I just need the model to be flyable with a different cockpit in it
Old 12-07-2013, 05:24 PM   #9
cichlidfan
Veteran

Quote:
...if someone could just get the flight dynamics right and ...
Quote:
I just need the model to be flyable with ...
There is a very large difference between those two statements. As Sobek said, 'just' is not an appropriate word for these statements.
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
cichlidfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 05:35 PM   #10
Calico

I'm sorry I should have made it a bit clearer. Okay let me start again, I need someone to make the Chinook model in DCS flyable, I'm okay if it has got the cockpit of another aircraft how ever I do need the aircraft to fly realistically as I will be making a display team out of the aircraft and I do need to be able to perform the manoeuvres that it does in real life, so similar flight dynamics would help a lot. Trust me, if the aircraft turns out well, you will not be disappointed with my performance.

Last edited by Calico; 12-07-2013 at 05:39 PM.

Tags
chinook, display, raf, team