MFCD for Android tablets (phones) - Page 34 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-19-2015, 11:29 PM   #331
kEnnY_m

Hey Colo,

Just recently reinstalled DCSPanelPro. I have the latest versions on both the client and server.

The screens work, but the keyboard inputs won't work. I have ran the lua files to import the keys into DCS but that isn't the problem.

It looks like the data is not being sent to the server when it comes to the keyboard input. I usually test this by pressing the buttons when my focus is on a text file and seeing if it'll write any letters/numbers on it.

Perhaps this is a Windows 10 issue? I can't see how it can be that but who knows.

Last edited by kEnnY_m; 09-19-2015 at 11:35 PM.
kEnnY_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 08:08 AM   #332
colo

Hey kEnnY_m,
can you try to open notepad in Windows (set focus to this notepad window) instead of game and see if letters appears (right OSB 18-20 can be tested and letter Q,I and U should appears in notepad)
If they appears then connection is OK and it is DCS config related.
If not - then can you turn Windows firewall off and try again ?
colo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 08:28 PM   #333
colo

Server version 1.2 download here - and client version 1.2 (will take some time to show on Google Play)

DON'T UPGRADE TO THIS VERSION UNTIL YOU READ TEXT BELOW
THIS VERSION (SERVER AND CLIENT) IS INCOMPATIBLE WITH OLDER VERSIONS

It is the most reworked version of DCSpanelsPro, please be patient it will take some time to fix some bugs
  • client connection as Android service (now you can change instruments by sliding on tablet without losing connection, even when you put client on background, connection is not lost)
  • bidirectional server / client connection and signaling (increased connection stability and decreased data flow)
  • graphic engine reworked on server part - now supports multithreading and transmits only visible instrument picture not all at once (maximum resolution of 400x400 for MFCDs is gone)
  • precise timing of sending instruments picture (fixed FPS)
  • fixed labels on server (width - length swapped)
  • fixed port / own port definition on client part (now remembers port settings)
ALWAYS START SERVER FIRST, THEN CONNECT WITH ANDROID DEVICE,
LET IT SOME TIME TO SETTLE, IF THERE IS SOME LAG IT SHOULD IMPROVE AFTER SEVERAL MINUTES

IF YOU CHANGE SETTINGS ON ANDROID CLIENT, CLOSE SERVER, RESTART YOUR ANDROID DEVICE, START SERVER, THEN CONNECT ANDROID DEVICE AGAIN

If you use 1 Android device, just start server normally and slide between instruments (or touch back button and select instruments from menu)
If you use >2 devices start server in manual mode (press shift and click START) and:
  • Android device 1 - setup port to 13267 - this device displays MFCDs only
  • Android device 2 - setup port to 13268 - this device displays right MFCD only (now device 1 displays left MFCD only)
  • Android device 3 - setup port to 13269 - this device will display CDU only
Server version is only compatible and tested on Windows 7, I don't have Win 8 or Win 10, but it works in manual mode with manual setup there.

Thank you !

Best,
colo

Last edited by colo; 09-20-2015 at 08:30 PM.
Old 09-20-2015, 08:36 PM   #334
Corbett1403

Is this available on iOS
Corbett1403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 08:41 PM   #335
colo

Hi,
unfortunately no, this is only for Android devices
Old 09-21-2015, 05:52 AM   #336
kEnnY_m

Quote:
Originally Posted by colo View Post
Hey kEnnY_m,
can you try to open notepad in Windows (set focus to this notepad window) instead of game and see if letters appears (right OSB 18-20 can be tested and letter Q,I and U should appears in notepad)
If they appears then connection is OK and it is DCS config related.
If not - then can you turn Windows firewall off and try again ?
Problem was fixed when I used your updated version 1.2 for both client and server.

I can confirm that this works on Windows 10 Pro atm.
kEnnY_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 12:36 PM   #337
Corbett1403

Quote:
Originally Posted by colo View Post
Hi,
unfortunately no, this is only for Android devices

That's a shame
Corbett1403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 07:52 PM   #338
colo

Hi,
here is some news:
- support for su-25T schkval will be added within 1 month (TV screen with clickable buttons for TV controlling) - currently in testing

- after that, server part will have graphical movable monitor configuration - just drag and drop instruments to monitors, no text config by user, support up to 4 monitors, no changes by user in graphics game settings tab required anymore
(currently in early testing)

Maybe you dont know - if you dont have 2nd monitor and you have GPU with free VGA or DVI-I port you can create dummy vga monitor without soldering for less than $5
Old 10-23-2015, 01:19 AM   #339
doveman

Regarding using a dummy vga monitor, obviously we can't drag and drop instruments to the non-existent monitor, so is it just a matter of editing a text file to specify the co-ordinates on the "ghost" monitor where the MFCDs and CDU will draw?

I'm using two real monitors in a vertical arrangement connected to my ATI 6950 but presumably I can enable my onboard Intel GPU and connect a dummy adapter to that to use with DCSPanelsPro?
Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen
doveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 04:43 AM   #340
colo

Hi,
no you will just drag instruments on virtual workspace which will be visible on your primary monitor. I.e. in your case you will see 2 squares (which represent your monitors) and another square which will represent your dummy monitor and and the bottom squares with possible instruments. You will just drag instrument to square representing your dummy monitor.
Maximum input from user will be setting of resolution on this squares on virtual workspace (in case of failded autodetection)

Regarding 2nd question: I am not sure if you can enable ATI GPU and onboard GPU simultaneously (on my MB it is not possible i can only switch between them)

Tags
android, cdu, display, mfcd, tablet