Oculus Rift S With DCS World Discussion - Page 128 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-15-2019, 04:29 PM   #1271
streakeagle

I just got the 1.38 update with the firmware update. My mic hasn't dropped out yet. Maybe that fixed it. Before it would drop out every other time I entered /exited DCS World with VR enabled, especially if I was using VAICOM.

Belay my last. Just checked Rift S mic not responding. Normal headset mic working perfectly.

Last edited by streakeagle; 06-15-2019 at 04:31 PM.
streakeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 06:09 PM   #1272
dburne
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by streakeagle View Post
I just got the 1.38 update with the firmware update. My mic hasn't dropped out yet. Maybe that fixed it. Before it would drop out every other time I entered /exited DCS World with VR enabled, especially if I was using VAICOM.

Belay my last. Just checked Rift S mic not responding. Normal headset mic working perfectly.
I have been lucky so far with my Rift S mic <knocking on wood>.

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3200 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | EVGA T2 Titanium 1000w PS | Samsung 970 Pro, 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme |VKB GF Pro MCG Pro| EVGA DG 87 Case | Rift S
dburne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 02:26 AM   #1273
streakeagle

It is a strange problem. I found hits on google that indicate many people are suffering the same issue. As posted above, it may be related to the operating system at a specific patch level. I would even guess that it is possibly unique to a particular hardware/driver combination.

My work around for now is to wear the headset I use for TrackIR, then put on the Rift S headset, which more or less fits over it. This kills two birds with one stone: the intermittent mic and the issues with the open speaker audio of the Rift S headset. But it is much more comfortable to just wear and use the Rift S.
Old 06-16-2019, 10:48 AM   #1274
CyStryker

Sir: I noticed in your specs u have hands on stick, throttle.. how does VR allow use or do you just keeps hands on to use?

CyStryker
CyStryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 09:31 PM   #1275
streakeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyStryker View Post
Sir: I noticed in your specs u have hands on stick, throttle.. how does VR allow use or do you just keeps hands on to use?

CyStryker
I am not sure what the nature of your question is, but I am using real world cockpit controls including a HOTAS and rudder pedals. In VR, if you use the "show pilot body" button for aircraft that have pilot bodies, the virtual pilot keeps his hands on the stick and throttle no matter what your real hands are doing.

I don't have the special VR capto gloves, but as I understand it, there is an option to have the VR pilot's arms move to match the position of your capto glove hands. If that technology matures and works well, I want something like capto gloves.
Old 06-17-2019, 01:33 AM   #1276
Bob_Bushman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyStryker View Post

CyStryker
I doubt anyone would choose to use VR controllers over the tactile feel of an actual hotas.
Buttons do what buttons always have done.
I don't even use controllers for clicking in cockpit , I find a mouse is a far quicker interface than that, and a track ball Is even better.
Especially for scrolling dials.
Old 06-17-2019, 04:16 AM   #1277
Svsmokey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Bushman View Post
I doubt anyone would choose to use VR controllers over the tactile feel of an actual hotas.
Buttons do what buttons always have done.
I don't even use controllers for clicking in cockpit , I find a mouse is a far quicker interface than that, and a track ball Is even better.
Especially for scrolling dials.
+1 on the trackball !

"Hold my beer"
Svsmokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 05:22 AM   #1278
=JUICE=

Hey Wags, just to make sure we're seeing what you're seeing with those Rift-S units, send one of them to me and I'll concur with your findings sir. PM me for the address and thanks! Also, maybe when it's not so hot, let us know when we may join you at your desert house and do some volunteer voiceover work for upcoming modules, ATC, JTAC, Carrier, Etc...let us lend some variety to the game at no cost to you except a few beers and pizzas!
JUICE
=JUICE= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 07:07 AM   #1279
Whisky One

tried my new rift S yesterday and flown with :
A-10C
F18
P51D

and man... i never tried VR but this is insane.
No motion sickness. Yes if i look and focus on a tree I see some pixels but its immersive enough.

Years ago I was building a full simpit now im chilling behind my desk with my headset on
Whisky One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 07:24 AM   #1280
Eaglewings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky One View Post
tried my new rift S yesterday and flown with :

A-10C

F18

P51D

and man... i never tried VR but this is insane.

No motion sickness. Yes if i look and focus on a tree I see some pixels but its immersive enough.

Years ago I was building a full simpit now im chilling behind my desk with my headset on
Way to go fellow.
Happy flying in your new gear.
Eaglewings is offline   Reply With Quote