Mig 29 fuel management - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-22-2018, 03:36 PM   #31
Alfa
Veteran

Not half as big an error as me not realising that the fuelgauge has been changed in the recent cockpit update

I can also see that apart from the pit now having the 9.13 fuelgauge, they changed the display mode from "T" to "P"(indicated by the switch position), so that the tape now shows both internal and external fuel.

Good move ED!
Old 10-22-2018, 04:34 PM   #32
Askerov24
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa View Post
LOL....yes but I didn't realise that the fuel gauge was changed to the 9.13 one with the recent cockpit update .

But thats great! - finally
Old 10-22-2018, 08:12 PM   #33
IvanK
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa View Post
Not half as big an error as me not realising that the fuelgauge has been changed in the recent cockpit update

I can also see that apart from the pit now having the 9.13 fuelgauge, they changed the display mode from "T" to "P"(indicated by the switch position), so that the tape now shows both internal and external fuel.

Good move ED!

Yay
IvanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 09:37 AM   #34
Vatikus

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanK View Post
Fuel tank jettison is problomatic now. Using Jettison tanks all 3 go, pressing jettison stores has the same effect. In earlier versions FC1.3 Jettison of external tanks was different though not fully correct. In FC1.3 the first press of the stores jettison switch dropped the 2 wing tanks, a second press resulted in the cl tank going ... not correct but at least selective.

A way to implement this to at least be able to replicate an appropriate sequence would be:

Press Jettison tanks .... only the cl tank goes (as IRL)
Press External stores button .... Wing tanks go
Then for each successive press of the stores jettison button each weapon is jettisoned symmetrically inboard to outboard.

The most accurate solution would be for specific Keybindings for Cl tank jettison and Wing tank jettison.

+1 ...
Vatikus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 10:06 AM   #35
draconus

What kind of engineer came up with these yellow triagle pointers or whatever?! Do they point to the levels of overall fuel quantity at which the pointed tanks are possibly being drained at the moment?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	29fuel.png
Views:	216
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	196491  
draconus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 12:55 PM   #36
Alfa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by draconus View Post
What kind of engineer came up with these yellow triagle pointers or whatever?! Do they point to the levels of overall fuel quantity at which the pointed tanks are possibly being drained at the moment?
They indicate remaining fuel interval when the tank they point to is empty - e.g. the remaining fuel quantity is between 2300 - 2800 kg when the internal wing tanks are empty.
Old 10-23-2018, 03:55 PM   #37
JunMcKill

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanK View Post
Fuel tank jettison is problomatic now. Using Jettison tanks all 3 go, pressing jettison stores has the same effect. In earlier versions FC1.3 Jettison of external tanks was different though not fully correct. In FC1.3 the first press of the stores jettison switch dropped the 2 wing tanks, a second press resulted in the cl tank going ... not correct but at least selective.

A way to implement this to at least be able to replicate an appropriate sequence would be:

Press Jettison tanks .... only the cl tank goes (as IRL)
Press External stores button .... Wing tanks go
Then for each successive press of the stores jettison button each weapon is jettisoned symmetrically inboard to outboard.

The most accurate solution would be for specific Keybindings for Cl tank jettison and Wing tank jettison.
I agree, I did the test yesterday, and LAlt-R jettison all fuel tanks!
JunMcKill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 03:26 PM   #38
Kappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunMcKill View Post
I agree, I did the test yesterday, and LAlt-R jettison all fuel tanks!
Yeah, I think that's something that should be tweaked. Like the fact that when you want to jettison weapons (e.g. empty rocket pods) the first thing that gets dropped is your belly fuel tank, which you should have used to get home

Looking forward to it, Belsimtek!
Kappi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 04:56 PM   #39
demian

Default still

Quote:
Originally Posted by Askerov24 View Post
ПФ is for CL, ПК is for wing drop tanks
Ok great, so another question arise to me, if the ПФ is for CL AND ПК is for wing drop tanks, what about the remaining KP light??

and also the menaning of the ПФ symbol on the left scale between 5k and 5.5k if with CL tank max is around 4.8k?
demian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 07:24 AM   #40
draconus

Quote:
Originally Posted by demian View Post
Ok great, so another question arise to me, if the ПФ is for CL AND ПК is for wing drop tanks, what about the remaining KP light??

and also the menaning of the ПФ symbol on the left scale between 5k and 5.5k if with CL tank max is around 4.8k?

KP light informs you that internal wing tanks are empty.

ПФ markers on the left are applicable when no wing drop tanks are installed. Markers on the right are applicable if they are present.