Mig 29 fuel management

guimcdo

How did you notice that?. The fuel gauge in the sim only shows internal fuel on the tape

and there is only an empty indication(lamp) for the CL tank - none for the wing drop tanks.

Do you mean that the tape indicator starts to drop as soon as the CL tank empty caption goes on, although you carry wing drop tanks?

Already explained earlier in the thread. In general external fuel is depleted before the internal - CL tank first and then wing drop tanks.

ПФ is for CL, ПК is for wing drop tanks

Screenshot_10.thumb.jpg.18e2103705cd8f9c3898bd8a7fd127aa.jpg

Acer Aspire E5-571G-713W/Intel® Core™ i7-4510U 2.0-3.1GHz/12 GB DDR3 L Memo/NVIDIA® GeForce® 820M 2 GB/1000 GB HDD

The fuel gauge increases as you add external tanks.

Although it raises more questions as wing tanks only add 900L despite marked as 1150L

The fuel quantity is displayed in Kg - not liters :)

The CL tank is 1500L, which corresponds to ~ 1200 kg

each drop tank is 1150L which corresponds to ~ 900 kg.

Total fuel load(9.12) with 3 external tanks is around 8100L ~ 6500 kg.

JJ

Not half as big an error as me not realising that the fuelgauge has been changed in the recent cockpit update :blush:

I can also see that apart from the pit now having the 9.13 fuelgauge, they changed the display mode from "T" to "P"(indicated by the switch position), so that the tape now shows both internal and external fuel.

Good move ED! :)

JJ

LOL....yes but I didn't realise that the fuel gauge was changed to the 9.13 one with the recent cockpit update :D .

But thats great! - finally :)

;)

Acer Aspire E5-571G-713W/Intel® Core™ i7-4510U 2.0-3.1GHz/12 GB DDR3 L Memo/NVIDIA® GeForce® 820M 2 GB/1000 GB HDD

Not half as big an error as me not realising that the fuelgauge has been changed in the recent cockpit update :blush:

I can also see that apart from the pit now having the 9.13 fuelgauge, they changed the display mode from "T" to "P"(indicated by the switch position), so that the tape now shows both internal and external fuel.

Good move ED! :)

Yay :)

Fuel tank jettison is problomatic now. Using Jettison tanks all 3 go, pressing jettison stores has the same effect. In earlier versions FC1.3 Jettison of external tanks was different though not fully correct. In FC1.3 the first press of the stores jettison switch dropped the 2 wing tanks, a second press resulted in the cl tank going ... not correct but at least selective.

A way to implement this to at least be able to replicate an appropriate sequence would be:

Press Jettison tanks .... only the cl tank goes (as IRL)

Press External stores button .... Wing tanks go

Then for each successive press of the stores jettison button each weapon is jettisoned symmetrically inboard to outboard.

The most accurate solution would be for specific Keybindings for Cl tank jettison and Wing tank jettison.

+1 ...

What kind of engineer came up with these yellow triagle pointers or whatever?! Do they point to the levels of overall fuel quantity at which the pointed tanks are possibly being drained at the moment?

29fuel.png.2e3ba3142eedae806687b49caa367e4c.png

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

What kind of engineer came up with these yellow triagle pointers or whatever?! Do they point to the levels of overall fuel quantity at which the pointed tanks are possibly being drained at the moment?

They indicate remaining fuel interval when the tank they point to is empty - e.g. the remaining fuel quantity is between 2300 - 2800 kg when the internal wing tanks are empty.

JJ

Fuel tank jettison is problomatic now. Using Jettison tanks all 3 go, pressing jettison stores has the same effect. In earlier versions FC1.3 Jettison of external tanks was different though not fully correct. In FC1.3 the first press of the stores jettison switch dropped the 2 wing tanks, a second press resulted in the cl tank going ... not correct but at least selective.

A way to implement this to at least be able to replicate an appropriate sequence would be:

Press Jettison tanks .... only the cl tank goes (as IRL)

Press External stores button .... Wing tanks go

Then for each successive press of the stores jettison button each weapon is jettisoned symmetrically inboard to outboard.

The most accurate solution would be for specific Keybindings for Cl tank jettison and Wing tank jettison.

I agree, I did the test yesterday, and LAlt-R jettison all fuel tanks! :cry:

I agree, I did the test yesterday, and LAlt-R jettison all fuel tanks! :cry:

Yeah, I think that's something that should be tweaked. Like the fact that when you want to jettison weapons (e.g. empty rocket pods) the first thing that gets dropped is your belly fuel tank, which you should have used to get home :cry:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking forward to it, Belsimtek!:thumbup:

• 7 months later...

still

ПФ is for CL, ПК is for wing drop tanks

Ok great, so another question arise to me, if the ПФ is for CL AND ПК is for wing drop tanks, what about the remaining KP light??

and also the menaning of the ПФ symbol on the left scale between 5k and 5.5k if with CL tank max is around 4.8k?

Ok great, so another question arise to me, if the ПФ is for CL AND ПК is for wing drop tanks, what about the remaining KP light??

and also the menaning of the ПФ symbol on the left scale between 5k and 5.5k if with CL tank max is around 4.8k?

KP light informs you that internal wing tanks are empty.

ПФ markers on the left are applicable when no wing drop tanks are installed. Markers on the right are applicable if they are present.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

• 2 months later...

I will add this to list of small improvments for the MIG, I hope ED pick up on it...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3986611&postcount=1

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery