DCS Pilots - Do you think you could fly a real Helicopter? Answers here... AMA! - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-29-2019, 06:37 PM   #11
hansangb
Veteran

wow, nicely done! You made us all very proud! And congrats to TXSailor !
Spoiler:
i7-8700K Delid/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, EVGA Z370 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, JetSeat, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, CV1
hansangb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 10:44 PM   #12
Eagle_Rising

Awesome write up Fargo and Congratulations once again TXSailor on earning your wings.

I didn’t mean to freak you out Fargo when I said you better be able to hover, I just would have been surprised considering your setup and the realism of DCS.

I am also really glad you got to see the other side of making a flight possible. Being a military aviator is still the coolest job ever but the military being the military always finds a way to suck the fun out of it.

I think that was the hardest part to convey to BSD pilots is just how much planning goes into a flight. We went back and forth for a long time in the high command on how much planning was necessary and I think we have done a really good job of stripping away some of the more tedious aspects and left what was essential for mission success.

Honestly some of the planning products I have seen produced by our members are on par if not superior to some I have seen IRL.

I also have seen some pretty high stress missions conducted to standard which if you consider the limitations of DCS is impressive to say the least.

Really Fargo there was never a doubt in my mind that you could do it and there really is not a doubt in my mind that any of our BSD pilots could do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you ready to take your chopper flying skills to the next level?
Then check out http://www.blacksharkden.com/ Or visit us on Discord https://discord.gg/kaayJ5z and talk to some of our awesome pilots today.
Eagle_Rising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 11:48 PM   #13
20thBG_Blackwolf

I knew you could do it! I bet I could as well. Congratulations to [BSD] TXSailor on his wings. BBQ and beers on me when you get settled in the new house!
At our meet in Atlanta Fargo was quick to jump in the Huey and ask a lot of questions. During the flight he was front and center looking at and calling out our speed and all. I think we have found a good balance from real life to what you can do in DCS here at BSD.
Picture of Fargo getting into the nitty gritty on our UH-1H before the flight. Well done sir.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0758.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	2.58 MB
ID:	211015  

If it doesn't hover, it just sucks and blows
20thBG_Blackwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 05:54 AM   #14
fargo007

Yeah you could for sure bro. As said, I think most of us at RL2 or above could handle it.

For those who don't know - here's how that visit turned out. The pilot doing the talking is Jack McCormick, a Vietnam Veteran combat pilot who truly understood the type of information that was valuable to us, and did his best to walk us through every type of maneuver we wanted to see. It was a privilege to fly with him, and we literally drank information from a fire hose.

I was drunk on this for months.

Having him narrate this was pure genius - credit to BadCrC.

We do tend to dig in here @ BSD. We have a good time in the dirt working together and sometimes laughing at ourselves and each other while we're doing it.

Are you ready to take your chopper flying skills to the next level?
Then check out http://www.blacksharkden.com/ Or visit us on Discord https://discord.gg/kaayJ5z and talk to some of our awesome pilots today.
fargo007 is offline   Reply With Quote