[RESOLVED] TID Repeater not working (front seat)

Rammit

Hi all,

Just had two occasions in MP where Jester was running through the alignment - at least I think - but the TID repeater was just a black screen, not showing alignment process or any of the AWG-9 symbology.

Edited by IronMike

"If the MWS didn't see it, it didn't happen"

It seems Jester is selecting the TCS continually and not returning back to TID.

Flying the DCS: F-14B from Heatblur Simulations with Carrier Strike Group 2 and the VF-154 Black Knights!

I also own: Ka-50 2, A-10C, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F-86F, CA, Mig-15bis, Mig-21bis, F/A-18C, L-39, F-5E, AV-8B, AJS-37, F-16C, Mig-19P, JF-17, C-101, and CEII

Thank you guys. I tried it earlier following your reports and it worked on my side. However I made sure I selected the alignment option.

Hence two questions, please:

1. did any of you, where the TID did not work, omit this step (select alignment option).

2. did the HSD work however, and only TID was a blank screen, or did both not work?

Thank you!

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Hello, here is my report:

1) I did use (cheat) auto-start; not selecting an alignment option -- never did with auto-start, before

2) HSD worked well, only TID was a blank screen

3) Actually, I managed to do some air-to-air combat (using ACM radar modes) and TID started to work, after a while!

Thank you guys. I tried it earlier following your reports and it worked on my side. However I made sure I selected the alignment option.

1. did any of you, where the TID did not work, omit this step (select alignment option).

2. did the HSD work however, and only TID was a blank screen, or did both not work?

Thank you!

1. Does not make any difference

2. Yes it is working, only TID is blank

I tried it now in SP, im 99% sure that the problem is, that Jester switches to TCS and stays there.

See attached track file. (if it works)

F-14-TID_repeater_bug.trk

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

Hi IronMike,

5 games here. 3 mp, 2 sp.

SP.

1. Plane is Hot over the cv deck. Jester select always TV un pilot Seat change. Plane is aligned.

2. HSD works perfect.

MP.

1. Cold start. Wp align and fine align, used. Black screen on TID.

2. HSD is perfect.

I think Jestes likes more TV than radar since last update.

YouTube Channel

Update: MSI Z790 Tomahawk, i9 13900k, DDR5 64GB 640 MHz, MSI 4090 Gaming X Trio, 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD NVMe M.2 and 4 more, HOTAS TM Warthog, Meta Quest Pro

Come to think of it, I always just started cranking the engines to force Jester to start the alignment rather than actually asking him to start up. I'll try it with the Jester menu and see what happens. Never had problems with that method before the patch though.

HSD works. It's very specifically the TID repeater and Jester going to the TCS camera and not cycling back.

Edited by mattag08

Flying the DCS: F-14B from Heatblur Simulations with Carrier Strike Group 2 and the VF-154 Black Knights!

I also own: Ka-50 2, A-10C, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F-86F, CA, Mig-15bis, Mig-21bis, F/A-18C, L-39, F-5E, AV-8B, AJS-37, F-16C, Mig-19P, JF-17, C-101, and CEII

Ok, thanks guys for your replies, that is very kind.

mattag08, that is a good idea - would be curious to know if it makes any difference for you (or anyone else who'd like to try that - in my own test I used the startup command, ics comms check the whole nine yards).

Again, thank you all very much for your help! It is much appreciated!

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Thank you!

First time I thought Jester had frozen, and tried to select an alignment only after a noticeable pause when I realised the TID repeater was not working, this was a CV alignment so there was some time.

Second time, I selected a land based aircraft and made sure to select fine alignment as soon as the option came up, same result however.

HSD worked both times

Two sorties flown. Both cold start. In the first mission, my start up routine was to prompt Jester to commence his tasks by turning on an engine. Once airborne, I selected TID and was met with a blank screen. I did spend some time trying to get Jester to change radar modes in the hope that it would fix the problem, but I did not find a fix.

On the second sortie, I made sure to ask Jester to start up via his menu and then immediately selected TID to see if the display was going to work. I am happy to report that in this case, I was able to see the radar page.

I don't know if this is a fix or if it's just dumb luck. I'll test it a bit more over the next few days.

same issue. Impossible to have jester lock anything.

worst. when I switched to PAL and locked something I had a CTD. makes flying the tomcat impossible.

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

No, I let him do the full alignment.

HSD worked, TID was black.

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Ok, thanks guys for your replies, that is very kind.

mattag08, that is a good idea - would be curious to know if it makes any difference for you (or anyone else who'd like to try that - in my own test I used the startup command, ics comms check the whole nine yards).

Again, thank you all very much for your help! It is much appreciated!

I seem to have found a workaround for now. I have to set everything up perfectly and prompt Jester to do a normal start and wait for him to say, "ready to start" before I begin cranking the right (1st) engine. If I do that, it seems to work fine (5 out of 5 sorties so far).

Me either. Hot start in air, multiplayer. Switched to hot start on carrier multiplayer and all worked fine.

Asus Prime 390A, Intel I7-8700k@4.8ghz, 32g ram, Nvidia EVGA GeForce RTX 2070, Track IR5, SSD(DCS dedicated), HDD for Win 10. TM Warthog 78051 Track IR5 Thrustmaster pedels

I think I found a way to replicate it. In multiplayer prior to jester beginning the alignment process. Look at the f10 map. Then back to cockpit. You’ll hear him begin the alignment but you will not see the fix repeater work. To fix you need to respawn.

I think I found a way to replicate it. In multiplayer prior to jester beginning the alignment process. Look at the f10 map. Then back to cockpit. You’ll hear him begin the alignment but you will not see the fix repeater work. To fix you need to respawn.

I've respawned multiple times in the same server and it hasn't changed unfortunately