Announcing Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3

Wags

I must say the news of the upcoming release of fc3 is a mixed blessing for me. On the one hand it will be nice to have the aircraft from fc2 brought into DCS world, along with the improved graphical engine, and the f-15 cockpit will be awesome. But not having any new aircraft is kind of disheartening, after waiting so many years for variations only to have the Same old platforms churned out to us yet again for the fourth time. I do get that producing a new aircraft might take a fair amount of resources and time to produce, but that is what ED is in the business of, so surely if anyone can do it, it's them.

But this all comes back to the fact that currently ED has their plate full with DCS world, combined arms, mustang, Nevada, and the upcoming DCS fighter, so realistically we shouldn't have expected much from fc3. No doubt they are only able to dedicate a small portion of resources on fc3, and therefore decided to not expand on the content of the previous fc2, and produce more of a DCS world port with a few upgrades to justify the new tag.

At any rate, no doubt the aircraft of fc3 will see much use and be a welcome feature of DCS world, and with any luck we will see improved features for the rest of the aircraft.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Find us at http://virtual-roulettes.forumotion.com/

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have lomac as well as fc1 and fc2. I didnt play fc1 or two but got them to have a look. I have since lost my lomac disc and cant find the bloody thing anywhere.

No shops in NZ have it and I have spent 30 mins trying to buy it on the UBI shop with a VPN so it looked like I was in the states. I even used paypal so I didnt have to give NZ address details. Still no joy.

Guys, to be fair, we cannot speculate on a product we physically haven't tried, let alone saw. the images don't tell the whole story. I'm sure you all know this.

Mr. Wagner we would appreciate an F-15 cockpit video to your wagmatt youtube channel. My guess we should all hold our piece(s) for further insight down the product.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Yes! it should work with Lock on Platinum. As said in first post, FC3 requires either pure Lock on or Lock on Platinum which may include the flaming cliffs addon.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

true!!! It seems frivolous to destroy the wonderful DCSW with low-fidelity birds, have not understood what the SU-25T(FC2) are doing in DCSW

Wouldn't it be great if ED left Ubi with its LockOn series, and released DCS: F-15C Eagle?

This way, we didn't have to install legacy LockOn: Modern Air Combat, and ED had enough time to finish one high-fidelity aircraft, instead of a bunch of mid-fidelity birds!

Obutto r3volution

Asus sabertooth x79 / CPU: i7-3820 cooled with antec 920 /intel520 180gb SSD/ 16gb DDR3 2133mhz /

2x GigabyteGTX670-OC SLI /

TM Warthog HOTAS + MFD Cougar / Saitek Combat Rudder /

3x 27" BenQ and 22" LG

true!!! It seems frivolous to destroy the wonderful DCSW with low-fidelity birds, have not understood what the SU-25T(FC2) are doing in DCSW

I agree too, I dont want to see this low fidelity planes fly in DCS world, let them stay in their own playground.

Well at least I hope there will be servers restricted only to true - DCS planes so we can fly without these misfits.

As the saying of the F-15C goes, "Not a pound for air to ground".

Oh, come on men. :( This is untrue ^, especially in Israel. All versions of F-15 Eagles have CDIP mode.

Page: 6 to 12 ! (F-15 Armament Handbook)

http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA398080

F-15Cs have provision for carrying up to 18*Rockeye cluster bombs/Mk-82 bombs, 12*CBUs or 3*Mk-84/JDAM bombs, with the capability of releasing these weapons at supersonic speeds.

"Bombs:

Although primarily an air superiority fighter, the F-15 Eagle has a secondary air-to-ground capability. Up to 16,000 pounds of bombs, fuel tanks, and missiles can be carried, although the F-15A/B/C/D very rarely functions in a ground-attack role.

The underwing pylons can each accommodate a multiple ejector rack which can carry six 500-pound bombs. The bomb racks can be installed on the underwing pylons without disrupting the normal carriage of Sidewinder missiles.

Air-to-ground stores can also be carried on the underfuselage centerline.

A typical load consists of 18 500-pound bombs, carried 6 each on underwing and centerline ejector racks.

The F-15A/B/C/D can carry and deliver laser-guided bombs such as the GBU-10E/B Paveway II or the GBU-12D/B Paveway II. However, it does not have the capability of guiding these weapons by itself, and must rely on laser designators carried by other aircraft or by personnel on the ground"

Edited by HungaroJET

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

Wow really disappointed the migs and sukhoi were left AGAIN without Any improvements... Whats up with this all American approach? Sorry but this is starting to look like à bad American propaganda movie.

The battlefield is near Russia goddamnit !!! Give us at least an upgraded mig29 or su27.

Sadface today....

• Like 1

Flanker, Flanker 2.0, Flanker 2.5, Lockon, FC1, FC2,FC3, BS1, BS2, A10C, CA and World

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well to tell you the truth I'm not really that excited with F-15C, getting all the love in FC3.

I expected more.

It's not the pricetag that bothers me, I don't buy Flight Sims that often, so I don't care about that much.

It's just that I'll hate to fly lowpoly fighter planes with semi 3d cockpits in 2012 by a commercial product.

The Eagle looks great though, congrats on that ED!

Each cockpit at this level takes about a year, so it is not feasible to do more than just the Eagle.

Wags, what about this cockpit?

all_037a_008.jpg

all_037a_009.jpg

Well to tell you the truth I'm not really that excited with F-15C, getting all the love in FC3.

I expected more.

It's not the pricetag that bothers me, I don't buy Flight Sims that often, so I don't care about that much.

It's just that I'll hate to fly lowpoly fighter planes with semi 3d cockpits in 2012 by a commercial product.

The Eagle looks great though, congrats on that ED!

Wags, what about this cockpit?

all_037a_008.jpg

all_037a_009.jpg

AFAIK this was a WIP cockpit for use in DCS: A-10A before they got the green light to make the fully fledged A-10C.

But still, this would be a nice inclusion into FC3 if it was finalized (unlikely).

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

F-15 pit looks nicely. I wish you did new ones for all planes. However it will be nice journey though :)

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I hope they make it so you can buy a LOMAC CD key online. Getting a physical copy of the game is going to be a challenge for a lot of people.

You buy it from the Ed/TFC shop.......Could not be any easier.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

If you live in the states then go to the Ubi site and get it.

on Lockon site > http://lockon.co.uk/index.php?end_pos=1322&scr=shop

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45