Announcing Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3

Wags

You should add white and a few shades of grey to that world view of yours. :)

He's allowed that opinion, I suppose.

It's unfair to suggest that ED hasn't been working hard or making a lot of sweeping changes behind the scenes. You can have whatever high expectations you like, but the truth is that it's a small team working hard to make the biggest strides possible with the resources they have available.

• Like 2

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything Im forgetting?

All aircraft, including russian birds, were carefully re-examined to conform to available performance data. ;)

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

He's allowed that opinion, I suppose.

It's unfair to suggest that ED hasn't been working hard or making a lot of sweeping changes behind the scenes. You can have whatever high expectations you like, but the truth is that it's a small team working hard to make the biggest strides possible with the resources they have available.

+1

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Nothing for Su-27? It recieved the same dynamis update as F-15 if I dunderstand the annoucement correctly. The only thing missing is updated graphics in the pit, but thats just superficial, the simulation is more important.

I too hope to see russian planes addon to be annouced. Im surprised no one in the CIS contries has formed up a team to make a russian module.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I too hope to see russian planes addon to be annouced. Im surprised no one in the CIS contries has formed up a team to make a russian module.

Note that announcements of 3rd party products are up to the 3rd party in question.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Please postpone releasing FC3 for another 7-8 months, I'll be back then. I'm looking forward to see what improvements have been made to the missiles.

Edited by Cali

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Fantastic News....

As soon as possible I buy it, I will hasten to do it ...

Congratulations to the ED and all the testers who have contributed to this part of the World that will allow the various communities that still use FC2, to extend and improve their simulation experience in a new "World".

Thanks from me and from all over the 36 ° Stormo Virtuale (Italy)!

www.36stormovirtuale.net

• Like 1

[sIGPIC]index.php?action=dlattach;topic=17112.0;attach=7646;image[/sIGPIC]

www.36stormovirtuale.net

If the the cockpits of the Su27, Mig29, and Su25 are the same as the cockpit of the Su25t in DCS world then I would have to pass on this one. Im talking about graphic the Toad cockpit looks horrible after you have played DCS a10c, Blackshark, and BMS. It looks like pasted or something.

• Like 1

I don't understand everyone complaining about the price tag, in my opinion $40 is an appropriate price for what you get. The whole "have to have an existing installation of FC2" is troubling however. If I have to purchase a $30 old piece of software to gain the ability to purchase the $40 FC3 I'll just skip the whole thing altogether.

• Like 1

I'm not denying that, I also know that thanks to this hard work and core changes the future looks somewhat brighter, with DCS:World, opening to 3rd party, and so on. But what we have now is just a fraction of what has been discussed years ago. Remember the talks about DCS module every 9 months? Apache cockpit? DCS:fighter jets?

Instead a new buyer has a choice of a helicopter that was produced in a very very small numbers. An attack plane, nice, but not very attractive to average Joe (not the type that would play the major role in a new Top Gun if you know what I mean). And a warbird that does not fit anything at all. Plus now we have FC3, a new product that still requires original disc from decade ago.

• Like 1

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I don't understand everyone complaining about the price tag, in my opinion $40 is an appropriate price for what you get. The whole "have to have an existing installation of FC2" is troubling however. If I have to purchase a $30 old piece of software to gain the ability to purchase the $40 FC3 I'll just skip the whole thing altogether.

Actually, I don't know why they worded it that way, since in order to have an existing installation of FC2 you still have to own and have (at least at one time) installed Lock-On.

Lock-On is the lynch-pin not FC2.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

FC2 also requires LOMAC (Lock On: Modern Air Combat) to install, so better just buy that instead.

Legal issues with original publisher of the series.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

The whole "have to have an existing installation of FC2" is troubling however.

From the release, see original post:

"Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3 will require an installation of Lock On: Modern Air Combat or a previous version Flaming Cliffs."

LOMAC is fine. FC2 is not required.

The LOMAC requirement is not up to ED, this is a contractual obligation to UbiSoft, which own LOMAC IP.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

"Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3 will require an installation of Lock On: Modern Air Combat or a previous version Flaming Cliffs."

The wording of that statement just adds to the confusion for the uninitiated.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Being honest, that F-15 cockpit with neither clickable buttons nor advanced systems is a sacrilege.

Regards!

The clickable cockpits are a DCS feature.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Actually, I don't know why they worded it that way, since in order to have an existing installation of FC2 you still have to own and have (at least at one time) installed Lock-On.

Lock-On is the lynch-pin not FC2.

Ahhh, I see.

LOMAC is fine. FC2 is not required.

The LOMAC requirement is not up to ED, this is a contractual obligation to UbiSoft, which own LOMAC IP.

Thanks for clearing that up.

The wording of that statement just adds to the confusion for the uninitiated.

Which I most certainly am.

Bottom line for me (and maybe anyone else in a similar situation) is if I have to pay a price of admission (LOMAC) to get my hands on FC3, I'll pass. I have no desire to track down and install 10 year old software. I'm sure I'll be keeping an eye on FC3's progress and maybe down the line I'll see some features that change my mind!

holy cow, that looks promising

http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=70118&d=1346525098

cant wait to fly the F15 in 6DOF very low and very fast...yeahhh:pilotfly::thumbup:

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective