Cockpit Update

QuiGon

They could have just stuck to fixed wing, not trying to tap into every genre

Nah this is different since they have the best helo sim r n, but not the best warbirds sim according to the majority on yt comments.

Well it doesnt matter cus i dont think developing a warbird is as hard as a modern jet, still if i wanted to fly ww2 planes id go to that other sim (cant remember the name)

• 1 month later...

Are we ever going to get this update and fix the problems with the shark? It was supposed to be by end of year 2018 and now we are almost into June and still nothing. I'm starting to get annoyed here.

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf

I mean I expect that older products, that are still being sold for full price btw, will be maintained and kept in a "study simulation" state of playable.

Not doing that while constantly pumping out EA and beta content for sweet sweet preorder money would leave a very bitter taste and a certain impression would form.

Ka50, was with her since the beginning and cant wait for this new pit they are working on. Such a unique and amazingly effective single seat gunship.

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

More like "half-life-ware" (product half-life upgrade ware ? :-).

You have an announced half life for the cockpit's appearance, but the fact that it didn't arrive before that date doesn't mean it won't turn up, but also doesn't mean that it's any more likely tomorrow than the day after it was announced.

On average, half of half-life-ware will appear at or before the initially announced date, 3/4 of it will be out by twice the expected wait, and in the end it will all turn up...

Cheers.

My avatar's expression sums up perfectly how I am feeling with ED these days...

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf

Let's hope cockpit update uses BC7 texture compression, if it's true that takes more VRAM than the older BCn-s(DXTn-s) then it should be at least justified in the cockpits rather than all the rest where you normally don't view up that close.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

• 2 weeks later...

Lets hope there ain't anymore "Not implemented" labels and we have all rain and other weather effects visible in cockpit. The freezing, the snow etc.

And that ABRIS stays as clear to read and look as now and that HUD becomes "more realistic" with thinner lines and all the refresh rates etc.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Hope and hope :D

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

Lets hope there ain't anymore "Not implemented" labels and we have all rain and other weather effects visible in cockpit. The freezing, the snow etc.

And that ABRIS stays as clear to read and look as now and that HUD becomes "more realistic" with thinner lines and all the refresh rates etc.

THIS!