DCS: MiG-15bis - Stream with developers.

Hellboy

You are disappointed by the company just because they don´t release english cockpit for russian helicopters? You can´t be serious. They are putting so much effort into every of their modules and You say such nonsense. :lol:

I also had to learn the A-10C and other aircraft without Russian. if you want to fly Russian equipment, learn Russian.

I also had to learn the A-10C and other aircraft without Russian. if you want to fly Russian equipment, learn Russian.

If DCS and/or a third party wants to do business in English speaking countries, then produce an English speaking product.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67

If DCS and/or a third party wants to do business in English speaking countries, then produce an English speaking product.

I tend to agree. I have a lot more fun and less frustration, as well as more motivation to get deeply into a module if the cockpit and related info (including bitchin' betty) are in English (even though it's not my native language).

ED and 3rd party developers can always "pretend" that the English version is an *Export Variant* of that plane/helo -- regardless whether that is founded in reality or not.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

If it was promised (I don't recall if it was) then it should be delivered. If not, well, you can use one of the mods I guess? Since most of the other realistic(ish) flight sims I'm familiar with - such as the Il-2 series or Rise of Flight, or even ground combat sims like Steel Beasts - don't translate their cockpits/crew stations, I wouldn't call it an industry standard.

I'd say they did use EDGE. Horizon, sky and mountains lighting were dead giveaway, You can't get similar results now, even with Mustang's shaders mod. As for lack of lens flare, who knows which internal build of renderer they were using...

It is the DCS 2.0. Just looking at the sun. This sun is the DCS 2.0. 1h05m time video.

Yes sir. U r right. It does look like 2.0. I just didn't notice the shiny reflectivity on the mig wings, so I thought it is old engine. Either way...its encouraging...hopefully that means alpha is near with mig release.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

That landing where the Mig-15 flew through the trees without taking damage might be a hint that this was not recorded in EDGE...

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

It was filmed in EDGE,

-The Subtitles on the left have back shadowing.

-The water is reflective

-The Depth of Field blur of distant objects.

note: tree collisions for EDGE are for new maps only, likely since Caucaus is being Ported to EDGE and not completely rebuilt for it.

AFAIK, Active Duty Aircraft were not Polished, nothing says Shoot me!, like a giant reflection of sunlight.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Thanks for the insights, Skatezilla! Nice to see that older maps can make a return in EDGE. Crimea comes to mind. :)

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I tend to agree. I have a lot more fun and less frustration, as well as more motivation to get deeply into a module if the cockpit and related info (including bitchin' betty) are in English (even though it's not my native language).

ED and 3rd party developers can always "pretend" that the English version is an *Export Variant* of that plane/helo -- regardless whether that is founded in reality or not.

I don't think any pretense is necessary. My suggestion is a set-up option to select either the "home" language or English if the product is sold in an English speaking country.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67

I don't think any pretense is necessary. My suggestion is a set-up option to select either the "home" language or English if the product is sold in an English speaking country.

I'm with you. :thumbup:

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Thanks for the insights, Skatezilla! Nice to see that older maps can make a return in EDGE. Crimea comes to mind. :)

It was already Stated that Current Caucaus would be rendered with EDGE, but some of the features (ClipMaps, Tree Collisions, etc) would not be on the old map.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

IT IS ENGLISH SPEAKING. But the cockpit is real, so....it´s in Russian. And You have english manuals. What are You talking about guys? You didn´t bitch about learning english to play most of the games, so what is the problem here? A few russian words, that´s all. Don´t dumb DCS down, please.

IT IS ENGLISH SPEAKING. But the cockpit is real, so....it´s in Russian. And You have english manuals. What are You talking about guys? You didn´t bitch about learning english to play most of the games, so what is the problem here? A few russian words, that´s all. Don´t dumb DCS down, please.

Agreed,keep it realistic :thumbup:

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Plus of course there will be a modder busy creating the English cockpit pretty soon anyway.

Is it really so hard to memorise switch and gauge functions that you need to read the labels when you operate them? It strikes me that some people are making mountains (shaded in Edge naturally) out of molehills (OK, not yet modelled on the maps but I'm sure they won't be missed)!

Let's face it, who among us will hold off buying the MiG-15Bis purely because the cockpit is labelled in Russian (and I am sure all real Migs are!)?

The cockpit is not in English. I repeat my suggestion that an option should be available to "present" the cockpit in English. If you think such an option would be unrealistic, then don't use the option.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67

Don´t dumb DCS down, please.

It's not about dumbing down, but rather add more options for those that would like them. If you're good with non-English environments within the sim -great. If you'd like the choice to switch to full-English environments, nothing wrong with that, either. :)

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

My whole discussion is based on ThorBrasil´s saying. It´s like making an A-10 cockpit in russian. Ok ok...option would be ok, but don´t tell me, that Belsimtek disappoints You only because there is no stupid english cockpit for russian planes. It´s the most unrespectful saying against Belsimtek, I can imagine.

Edited by Rabbit_

Rabbit - that's all fine and dandy, if the target audience would only be Russian speakers, but it's not.

Think about Operating Systems for your PC; imagine you were forced to only use one language there -- and that language is not your native one (or one that's based on an alphabet that not Latin-based). Try to work with that on a day-to-day basis. Doesn't really matter if the manual has been translated, when the environment it pertains to isn't. :)

Luckily, when installing an operating system we have a choice of languages. The same should be available -- as an option -- for DCS modules, too.

Oh, and needless to say, the worldwide aviation language is English. That's the common denominator that, let's say Sukhoi, has to adhere to if they want to sell their planes outside of Russian-speaking countries. :)

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I just don´t see a big problem in this, even for not native Russian speaker like me. Sim is a study, so....I take it like it is. I understand it´s frustrating for example in Mi-8, but Mig is really a simple plane and the cockpit is mess (beautiful, I must say), but just a few russian words to learn there.

Well just sum it up......there are two groups of simmers.......those who care and those who don´t. :-) If they will mod it or Belsimtek will release some English cockpit update, good for You. :-) I´m happy with it, like it is.

How does the saying go?

When in Rome...

If you want to fly Russian aircraft, you have a Russian cockpit. Just because Belsimtek choose to release it in Russian only, it gives you no right to suggest they are giving you a raw deal. I am also sure they don't need you explaining to them how to run their business.

A module replicating a historic aircraft accurately cannot be compared to a computer operating system. It is what it is, a Russian aircraft, which has Russian language captions in the cockpit.

I don't recall any promise by Belsimtek to warp history for your satisfaction. However, as already stated, you'll soon get what you want via a mod, so just what exactly is the problem?

If it really bothers you, just vote with your wallet, and don't buy it. No one is forcing you to, and obviously you consider it to be a problem for you, or you wouldn't be harping on about it still!

ED did the same with the Ka-50 - and nobody complained.

BST did ... well, promised to do the same with the Mi-8 - and nobody complained

Now the MiG-15 seems not to get an english cockpit - breaking this, hrm, "trend". Some don't like that - and now all hell breaks loose?

Strange.

I wouldn´t call it a hell. I just don´ know, why people complain about this. I could do the same with MiG-15 and Mig-21, because my country had both and we also had Czech versions of cockpit. And that is historically accurate. It´s a fact. But the country of origin is Russia, ok...I will learn it in Russian. Yes...it would be awesome to have it in Czech, but I can live with it. I´m happy, the developers decided to add Czech versions (external signs) for both MiGs and I think it´s the most important thing, than to have the cockpit translated.