MiG-15 navigation?

ThorBrasil

hi yoyo

You can use my kneeboard mod which provides all NDB stations with its freq in map view

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/793025/

For sure. I have it from the first day! :)

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• 3 months later...

Do you guys know what is the RANGE for the NDB stations?

Yesterday we did a night flight from Gudauta Airfield to the southwest of Gali where there is NDB station .525 and the ARC-5 in the MiG was completely lost until we got close to it. The distance From Gudauta to station .525 is about 115km (65miles):

So, any ideas about the NBD stations range?

666GIAP_Chimanov - My Tomcat tribute video, type on youtube browser=> "DCS F-14 Tomcat Symphony"

Real world, it varies and varies a lot - more than a factor of ten - depending on facility. NDBs intended to serve an approach will typically be low-powered, in the 20-30 nm range, while high-powered NDBs for navigation in an extended area can cover 300 nm. Then you used to have coastal NDBs for oceanic navigation...

Finally, as there is ground wave propagation, the range differs depending on whether the signal path is ovet water (50% longer range) or land. :)

Thank you effte for your reply! Quite clear now.

Well, NDB .525 is in the middle of nowhere near the city of Gali and i supposed it was a middle to long range NDB but actually works as an approach one cause it only becomes effective when you are a very close range.

666GIAP_Chimanov - My Tomcat tribute video, type on youtube browser=> "DCS F-14 Tomcat Symphony"