LLTM 2011 Review - A Tiger's Tale

Joe Kurr

It has already been hell for the competition-leader to bring all the various aircraft of LO together.

Adding DCS would make scoring just more difficult. Additionally: Those who can handle all simulations would outscore those, specialized to just one DCS module for example.

My vision for a DCS competition would very much look like the concept of the F4:AF competition, except for designing it for 2-Ship teams instead of 4-Ship teams.

And if I would be the one to decide: I never liked the air-race etc. I like missions, that simulate RL military aviation missions. So in my eyes the transition to DCS would enhance the level of realism and difficulty at the same time.

Of course I totally understand, that some of you may have another opinion about all this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

Just summing up some things.

This year there where 14 FC2 participaints then include the 3 that Alvarez is trying to get next year and minus 1 Sebur he already stated that he wouldn't come in 2012. Include the 2 new DFDT members also planning to go. Thats a Total estimate of 18 players for next year.

IF DCS would be a go. Then al DFDT members wont participate Minus 6 + Alvares and his 3 guys again minus 4.

Thats a DCS 8 players and FC2 10 players that isn't a exciting mathemetics for the compo.

My personal opinion:

@ Liger Zero:

I think it is too early to calculate any number of participants for the next event at the moment. There are always persons saying I don´t want to be there for the next time because they are doing it not in my way and I believe that you have noticed, that some other squadrons haven´t participated with so many pilots this year as the last years like the vJG71 or the JaBoG32. A few years ago there have been 20 pilots and there are many pilots who don´t like air race, gun fight with external views or aerobatic. They want it in a realistic way.

If the decision will be that DCS with A-10C and Blackshark is the simulation that will be flown, there will be other pilots there. And by the way you are able to fly FC2 in the Free Flight Section if you wish.

Edited by Balu

And where are the numbers of those who don't come because there is no DCS-Competition?

As Balu said, it's somehow pointless to discuss about possible participant-numbers, as it's 1. too early to estimate and 2. never really predictable.

And a personal note from my side: Saying "I will not come when things are not going to happen like I want them to happen" is... uhm... I think you know what I mean. Come or stay home, but don't try to put pressure on those who decide with such statements. I could easily say something of that kind about the JaBoG32 participants, but it's not my intention to influence the decision.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And where are the numbers of those who don't come because there is no DCS-Competition?

I didn't say they wouldn't come to the event Alvarez stated that he was the only one of his squad that had DCS:BS and wouldn't be no match at all. Sebur already said that he wouldn't come to next years event

those are the first 5 numbers

As for DFDT members we would go to the event but won't participate in any of the DCS compos. We stick to FC2 thats also minus 6

AND as a FINAL NOTE.

ICE the organizor of the event will make the desicion for what it would be and no one else. End of disscusion.

Edited by Liger Zero

Alvarez stated that he was the only one of his squad that had DCS:BS and wouldn't be no match at all.

I didnt say that Liger Zero. Almost all of us have Ka-50, and some have the A-10. But as a squad we dont use it. And I also didnt say that Ill bring three more guys next year. Who can say what will be in a year. I said there are others who want to come.

But for me (and for few others from our squad) it will be big loss if FC2 will be leave out.

The Tunnel at the End of the Light

ICE the organizor of the event will make the desicion for what it would be and no one else. End of disscusion.

That's what I'm stating in all my previous posts!

And I don't think you're the one who decides when this discussion ends! :smartass:

I'm looking forward to each and everyone elses opinion on this topic.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Please don't shoot each other before we even take off:)

Would there eventually be a possibility that FC2, DCS KA50 and A10 could be compatible??

Or is this a bad choice?

You see, i'm searching for a compromise for every future participant!

And i really like to hear other peoples opinion, just like Laud!!

Cheers!!

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

The problem mixing A-10C, KA-50 and all other planes of FC2 is, that your workload with the A-10C and KA-50 is much higher than flying planes in FC2. Furthermore one of my biggest problems with FC2 is the comparability between the planes and the points you can gather within a mission. Some pilots flying only one or two types of planes like fighters and the other one has no problem flying all types like Blackshark.

I didnt say that Liger Zero. Almost all of us have Ka-50, and some have the A-10. But as a squad we dont use it. And I also didnt say that Ill bring three more guys next year. Who can say what will be in a year. I said there are others who want to come.

But for me (and for few others from our squad) it will be big loss if FC2 will be leave out.

Sorry alvarez then i misinterpeted that communication

The problem mixing A-10C, KA-50 and all other planes of FC2 is, that your workload with the A-10C and KA-50 is much higher than flying planes in FC2. Furthermore one of my biggest problems with FC2 is the comparability between the planes and the points you can gather within a mission. Some pilots flying only one or two types of planes like fighters and the other one has no problem flying all types like Blackshark.

The scoring system has nothing to do with the sim, whether it is FC2 or DCS, it is determined by Woodstock or me, depending on who runs the competition.

If you want a truly realistic environment, each participant has to choose one aircraft for the entire event and stick with it, just like real-life pilots.

For more flexibility in the missions, and to keep the competition fun, you can choose a different aircraft type for every mission.

Some missions you get your favorite plane, in others you don't and have to make the best of it with what you have.

As for a competition with FC2 + DCS:BS + DCS:A10C, I don't think that will be a good idea.

Especially the difference between the A-10A in FC2 and the A-10C in DCS is too big.

We could ban the A-10A from the missions and only use the A-10C, but as you already mentioned, the workload for the A-10C and Ka-50 pilots would be much bigger than for the FC2 pilots.

This will surely be taken into account by Ice.

If FC2 will be dropped from the competition, I will see if I can set up a set of missions for the freeflight section, or, depending on the number of participants, ask Ice to create an extra section.

I will post a poll about this in due time.

Dutch Flanker Display Team | LLTM 2010 Tiger Spirit Award