Unable to release weapons after rearming

Blindeye_03

Is this a bug or did I do something wrong? I loaded up the ships mission and killed both MiGs (I finally managed to not die while air to air... I paused a lot trying to find the AIs and found that to be just as hard as finding them while flying lol).

Since I jettisoned my weapons prior to the a2a engagement I went to rearm and came back for the ships only to find that I couldnt drop any bombs or fire any rockets. Also my aiming sight wouldnt move up or down in manual mode.

I feel like it was a bug but am asking just in case.

Here is the track:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6cGxXKcRC3vNXByd0hGMlEwSUU/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Blindeye_03

1) check your jettison switch -- must be in neutral

2) make sure you are not in dm or dg mode, these dogfight modes will ignore gunsight mode rotary setting.

Jettison was in neutral (central position)

I tried dropping bombs and firing rockets in every gunsight mode... off, missile, guns 1, guns 2 and manual mode.

I was able to fire my aim-9s and I jettisoned my rocket pods so those functions worked. Every time I pressed the release button on my HOTAS I watched the stick in game and saw the button depress on it at the same time.

Is there another way I can upload the track?

Forget it. I just watched the track file, and it was nothing like the mission I just played. In this alternate reality I fired aim-9s at nothing and was in a dog fight with no one even though I splashed both MiGs. Then I landed and taxied into a building after running into the dirt.

None of those things happened. What in the actual ***k.

Hah, I just spent ages watching your track and was wondering what was going on, I was waiting for you to get the jet out of the dirt at the end, but never happened!

Can you reproduce this problem? If so, maybe a screen shot of the cockpit switch positions would be as good? Having said that, it seems you have the obvious answers covered (gunsight mode, jettison switch) so I'm stumped.

Any possibility you had a damaged jet?

Cheers

P

p.s. the tracks often don't reflect what actually happened in your flight. Known issue.

Hah, I just spent ages watching your track and was wondering what was going on, I was waiting for you to get the jet out of the dirt at the end, but never happened!

Can you reproduce this problem? If so, maybe a screen shot of the cockpit switch positions would be as good? Having said that, it seems you have the obvious answers covered (gunsight mode, jettison switch) so I'm stumped.

Any possibility you had a damaged jet?

Cheers

P

p.s. the tracks often don't reflect what actually happened in your flight. Known issue.

Good to know that a very useful feature is severely bugged :(. The only damage I could have encountered was my hard landing, but I did notice when I changed the depression on the gunsight it didnt move down in manual mode compared to missile mode even though I had -80 mils dialed into it for the bombs.

Good to know that a very useful feature is severely bugged :(. The only damage I could have encountered was my hard landing, but I did notice when I changed the depression on the gunsight it didnt move down in manual mode compared to missile mode even though I had -80 mils dialed into it for the bombs.

It probably didnt move because you were still in MSL mode.

D/F MSL and GUN will override any mode you select on the hud( which, by the way is only a pipper setting and does not influence what weapons you can use) and on your weapons control panel.

My guess is that you entered D/F MSL mode when you shot down those MiG's and forgot to reset after your engagement.

If you don't reset after after expending your missiles, you will be unable to operate the radar and use A/G ordnance.

Have a look in your key config under ''HOTAS'' for the keys. There are three that are named something like D/F MSL, D/F GUN and D/F RESET.

I'm pretty sure there are no bugs preventing you from launching A/G ordnance. The times it happened to me was because of human error on my behalf.

EDIT: This is assuming that you had your A/G pylons armed and dialed in the proper A/G mode on the weapons control panel.

Edited by Svend_Dellepude
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

Forget it.

No need. Even with the faulty locations the replay gives all the evidence needed to prove you were in DG (dogfight guns) mode:

qrzCUIh.png

Despite your radar range selector being at 20nm, your radar has been overridden to 5nm. Radar range override is part of the dogfight AACQ modes -- in DG mode it will be set to 5nm, DM mode will set to 10nm.

Just to confirm, I assumed control at this point and hit Resume Search (backing out of AACQ) before switching reticule to manual and regained the 80mil depression:

9ZTQCXc.jpg

If something goes "wrong" in normal operations it's pretty much always user error.

Edited by probad
  • Like 1

Checkout Chuck's DCS F-5E3 Tiger II Guide if you haven't Blindeye_03

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-...2xWYTlXa0RONWc

You can see all Chuck's Guides, link in my sig.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

No need. Even with the faulty locations the replay gives all the evidence needed to prove you were in DG (dogfight guns) mode:

qrzCUIh.png

Despite your radar range selector being at 20nm, your radar has been overridden to 5nm. Radar range override is part of the dogfight AACQ modes -- in DG mode it will be set to 5nm, DM mode will set to 10nm.

Just to confirm, I assumed control at this point and hit Resume Search (backing out of AACQ) before switching reticule to manual and regained the 80mil depression:

9ZTQCXc.jpg

If something goes "wrong" in normal operations it's pretty much always user error.

Youre right! so even though I was spinning that gunsight mode switch it didnt matter since I still was in that mode with the radar? I forgot all about that.. Thank you for finding out what I did wrong.

so even though I was spinning that gunsight mode switch it didnt matter since I still was in that mode with the radar?

dm or dg mode, these dogfight modes will ignore gunsight mode rotary setting.

D/F MSL and GUN will override any mode you select on the hud( which, by the way is only a pipper setting and does not influence what weapons you can use) and on your weapons control panel.

yes, the dg/dm modes can be thought of as 'oh shit i need to take this shot now i dont care if my sight is set for bombing' so they put your aircraft in a set state for dogfighting by overriding whatever you had going on otherwise.

no different than when you have a camera set to automatic, it will ignore any inputs to shutter/aperture.

The DM/DG modes are bugged. When they lose lock, the radar should return to ACQ phase, but instead it displays Search phase while actually staying in dogfight mode.

I already reported it, but looks like it was just ignored:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=186772

maybe you should pm an admin or the developer. Might be that they didn't see the thread.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

I appreciate all the replies, I do have Chuck's pdf for the F-5E along with a few others but I have been short on free time for much. I was able to learn just enough on the F-5 before work got insane and I picked up some more practice here and there. The one thing I knew to work on was my terrible bombing accuracy outside of the training flight. Apparently I need to rehash some of the other trainings again soon.

this happened to me today. My radar was off and sight set to manual. However, I need to locate that DF reset command and map it. I will report if went as planned.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• 2 weeks later...