US Navy Squadrons Su-33 Carrier Ops, Single and Multi player

Mission 2 uploaded, see the first post.

Please report any bugs or problems here or critiques and criticisms, or ask a question if you are having trouble with any part of the mission. I also accept "Thank You's" and rep. The discussion here will determine how long I stick with this scenario before moving on to something else.

Enjoy! and if you had something interesting happen, tell us about it here or post a screenshot. Or if you absolutely hated something, I'd like to hear what that was too!

• Like 1

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

You're welcome, Los. If you can, please let us know how the mission worked out for you.

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

Works great for me!

BadBud

I know we tested this quite extensively in multiplayer, but did the single player version play out well for you, Bud?

Anyone running these multiplayer missions in release version 1.5.6 will notice a new bug with the Su-33 launching from the Carrier: Clients seem to be locked out of the left launch position on the Carrier deck. Multiplayer clients will spawn in on top of each other on the right launch position. Your planes will be merged graphically, but you can still launch. Singleplayer is OK, this bug exists in multiplayer flights only.

ileogk.jpg

Mission 3 uploaded, see the first post. Singleplayer (untested) and 2 player multiplayer versions added with the 3 to 4 player multiplayer version coming soon.

Note: The Carrier LSO voice is a WIP. If you get a waveoff and think you can save your landing, by all means go ahead and try.

Please report any bugs or problems here or critiques and criticisms, or ask a question if you are having trouble with any part of the mission. I also accept "Thank You's" and rep. The discussion here will determine how long I stick with this scenario before moving on to something else.

Enjoy! and if you had something interesting happen, tell us about it here or post a screenshot. Or if you absolutely hated something, I'd like to hear what that was too!

Mission 3 files have been updated.

Repaired a few LSO bugs and made a few enhancements. Note that the Carriers LSO voice instructions are a work in progress. If you think you can save your landing after getting a "wave off" by all means go ahead and try.

Changes:

1. Start on the Carrier. In multiplayer missions, plane 1 should always be on the Carrier deck along with any one of the other planes to start the mission. After spawning in, you may start engines but do not launch until you hear the voice briefing. Do not rearm, go with the provided loadout.

2. After the in-cockpit briefing, all planes have 5 minutes to get 2.3 km away from the carrier. In the 3 to 4 player multiplayer version it's important for the first two aircraft that takeoff circle the carrier at this distance while waiting for the rest of the flight to launch. On returning to the carrier, if you bolter or go around, make sure your next approach takes at least 3 minutes before lining up with the carrier again. These times are necessary to re-set the LSO speech.

3 to 4 player multiplayer version coming Mar. 3rd.

Added multiplayer mission for 3 to 4 players.

Mission 3 files have been updated again.

* Added multiplayer mission for 3 to 4 players.

* Added LSO fixes and enhancements for the 2 player multiplayer mission.

* Added LSO fixes and enhancements for the singleplayer mission.

Edited by Winston 60

• 2 weeks later...

Mission 3 bug reported.

I know it's hard to fly these carrier missions with the current bugs in stable release version 1.5.6, but this was reported to me twice already so I thought I would explain it to any who are flying this.

Bug report: Sometimes the on call F-18's do not takeoff when called in via the F10 menu. They respond positively when called, but never taxi to the runway.

Answer:

Both users who reported this occurring had someone in their flight crash on landing or takeoff and foul the runway at Kobuleti. If the runway is fouled, no AI flight will use the runway, so the F-18's will not taxi or takeoff.

Edited by Winston 60
add

• 3 weeks later...

I stopped working on mission four because of the planes spawning on the carrier bug https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3056771&postcount=31 and the clouds issue. I see in the open beta they say the spawning in issue has been fixed so if someone can confirm this, I'll start working on mission four again and try to have it ready for the next stable release version.

• 4 weeks later...
Love these missions, great job!

Thanks Ghostrider142. I'm glad you enjoy these. I'll be continuing this series later in the year or early next year.

NOTE: The "spawning" in on the carrier deck issue was indeed fixed by ED.

Edited by Winston 60