Delaying Carrier Launches

Yoda967

I'm trying to put together a scenario that begins with the player, his wingman, and an E-2 on the deck of JOHN C STENNIS before she turns into the wind for launch. The idea is to give the player time to run through all the startup checklists before taxiing to the catapult, and then to hold the launch until the carrier has turned to the launch and recovery corpen.

The first problem I'm having is that as soon as I taxi from the forward parking/spawn spot, headed for Cat 2 (forward, port side), the wingman taxis to Cat 3 and takes off immediately. This leaves him orbiting uselessly while the ship comes into the wind.

The second problem I'm having is that I've used the usual trigger arrangement to keep the E-2 from starting and taking off immediately (a stationary trigger zone that pushes an AI task to start), but the E-2 just doesn't start at all.

Is there a way to control which catapult an AI plane goes to for launch yet? And is there a way to delay that launch until the carrier is "ready"?

Very Respectfully,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

London

"In my private manual I firmly believed the only time there was too much fuel aboard any aircraft was if it was fire." --Ernest K. Gann