Normandy map NOT included in VR improvements

philstyle

It being a 3rd party created map it would be up to them to update/fix not ED

If anything that's just a warning to anyone considering buying 3rd party maps.

In any case, there is no mention of Ugra Media in the agreement we signed with TFC when purchasing the Normandy map. furthermore TFC holds all legal copyright to the map, not Ugra media.

Ugra cannot work on the map and make commercial changes to it without TFC's consent. One would think that the permissions go the other way based on the comments from some folks.. .

"Copyright 2012 The Fighter Collection Ltd. All rights reserved."

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

This is easy, vote with your wallet, ie don’t buy the Syria map until Normandy is sorted, ie speedtrees and the vr enhancement

Edited by Mr_sukebe

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

This is easy, with your wallet, ie don’t buy the Syria map until norrmandy is sorted, ie speedtrees and the vr enhancement

+1

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Come on ED. We know that you subcontracted out the development of the Normandy map to Ugra-Media but everyone who bought the map did so from you and it seems somewhat disengenuous to palm off the responsability for updates and service packs. Of course the original developers are the ones who would do it but surely, you will require it of them to do so.

- 'The Dog's Rollocks' - [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] is a water cooled behemoth :

i9 9900K@5GHz/RTX 2080Ti/32 Gb 3600MHz RAM/M.2 NVMe onboard drives/System driving Pimax 5K Plus/TM Warthog/MFG Crosswind/Gametrix Jetseat

ED aren't palming anything off. Sadly, they appear to have developed a selective deafness for anything Normandy related. Personally I don't have VR so I couldn't care less about optimizations for VR but it indicates a complete lack of interest, support or customer care endemic from ED as far as I am concerned.

I've said it before and will continue to say it even though I think I am the only one. ED will never see another penny from me again until they fix the modules I already own and deliver on their own promises.

Hello Reddog, I do understand how frustrated you feel and I sympathise with your position but we are more likely to achieve something, as opposed to nothing, by engaging and making a solid argument. Disengagement invites the reciprocal response from others.

i9 9900K@5GHz/RTX 2080Ti/32 Gb 3600MHz RAM/M.2 NVMe onboard drives/System driving Pimax 5K Plus/TM Warthog/MFG Crosswind/Gametrix Jetseat

Just to say out loud a crazy idea, but nowhere there is stated that Normandy map is not going to get the update, Wags says just we're getting first Caucasus and PG.

Another crazy idea, I keep reading the topic and,

As a 3rd party, that would be up to Ugra.
So they'll have to get it but no one is saying they will not at some point.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

:beer:I find your optimism and faith in humanity so utterly inspiring my friend.

:beer:I find your optimism and faith in humanity so utterly inspiring my friend.
:lol::lol::lol:

Might be optimism, might be Wags said time ago all the maps would get the update, who knows :D :beer: .

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Very disappointing. The map that needs it the most. I already felt like buying maps was mediocre because hardly any were used in multiplayer, but now that we get ones that are terrible in singleplayer as well there's really no reason left.

Only map I'd consider at this point is Heatblur's Baltic map, because they - unlike Ugh-ra Media - have standards.

For other sim platforms they have done very good work and it is a surprise to me how much they have left undone and incomplete here. It's a shame but they may get back on the case, at least I hope so.