mIg-21bis afterburer = no AIM-9P tone ?

FZG_Immel

So I just got out of the Cold war server, and I noticed something really odd...

Our AIM-9P from our F-5E never got a tone on a MiG21 in afterburner... As long as they stay in AB, its impossible to lock them and shoot them.

As soon as they go buster, I can fire and hit...

Whats up with that ? is the Mig21 buggy in that regard ???

VERY FRUSTRATING

Edited by FZG_Immel

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

So I just got out of the Cold war server, and I noticed something really odd...

Our AIM-9P from our F-5E never got a tone on a MiG21 in afterburner... As long as they stay in AB, its impossible to lock them and shoot them.

As soon as they go buster, I can fire and hit...

Whats up with that ? is the Mig21 buggy in that regard ???

VERY FRUSTRATING

Might have something to do with the engine modelling of the MiG. The engine turns off when you engage AB. Check out the log in SP, you will see multiple changes between ON/OFF. I recommend you make a short track in SP.

maybe its related to the rpm bug.

you see, when you enable AB in mig21, the module reports back to DCS *negative* RPM percentage. this is visible on the tray of the outside views, as well as causing trouble in NS430. if the IR missile is programmed to look at this variable, what you describe would be logical conclusion.

this bug was never resolved.

Edited by dorianR666

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

• 1 month later...
Since Open Beta 2.5.4.28090 I have issues with the F-5 Sidewinder tone on the P5 intermittently going silent. Not locked, or mid tone but no growl at all.

Can confirm, sometimes the P5 tone will immediately cut out, in particular if it gets a lock and then loses it again rapidly.