Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread

Vyrtuoz

On 1/20/2024 at 7:47 PM, BuzyBee said:

Thanks. Can you try deleting C:\Users\chris\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\Export.lua and then rerunning the Tacview installer? You will also have to reinstall your other add-ons. 

https://tacview.net/download/latest/

If you don't want to have to reinstall your other add-ons, you could also try opening C:\Users\chris\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\Export.lua and editing it to put the Tacview line first

local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')

Let me know how it goes!

Ok just done a complete windows 10 install and re-installed everything but it still only records my aircraft?

I have attached the log

dcs.log

2 minutes ago, Tricky11 said:

Ok just done a complete windows 10 install and re-installed everything but it still only records my aircraft?

I have attached the log

dcs.log 251.37 kB · 0 downloads

Hi,

According to this log you are flying on a server which does not allow object export

2024-01-28 12:49:32.280 INFO    TACVIEW.DLL (Main): Export rights granted by the host: PlayerPlane=[1] PlayerSensors=[0] OtherObjects=[0]

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, is there a way to translate a tacview file from DCS into a "database" of activities?  For example, missiles shot, by whom, towards whom, weapon, hit/kill?, etc?  Can just be a list of events from DCS (S_EVENT_SHOT, S_EVENT_HIT, etc).  Something like this table (from the DCSServerBot).

nullThe events can be displayed in Tacview...but is there a way to extract shots and kills?

null

image.png

image.png

Edited by GatorNutz

Hi, I have been trying to use Tacview...but it's only record the first few minutes of a flight. 

How long do you need to wait before exiting a mission to have the program finish saving all the flight data?  Is there some indication when it's 'caught up?'

Mike

13 minutes ago, Aronis said:

Hi, I have been trying to use Tacview...but it's only record the first few minutes of a flight. 

How long do you need to wait before exiting a mission to have the program finish saving all the flight data?  Is there some indication when it's 'caught up?'

Mike

Depends on the server. Some allow you to disconnect instantly, while some will delay the export to TacView, so you will have to wait some time for it to record everything before you can disconnect. Default seems to be 10 minutes, but check the ingame chat, it should tell you there how long you will have to wait.

• Like 1