[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

A new beta is on the way.

I moved the seat selection from the handler app to SSA and also added a restart button in the service tab. This allows you to restart the handler.

I also found out, that the ForceFeel driver sometimes gets stuck and thus, the entire handler hangs.

I added a check and show a message in such case.

You then can restart the handler from SSA. In some rare cases you need to replug the ForceFeel seat...

If everything works as expected I might automate the restart of the handler in the future...

I moved the seat selection from the handler app to SSA and also added a restart button in the service tab. This allows you to restart the handler.

I also found out, that the ForceFeel driver sometimes gets stuck and thus, the entire handler hangs.

You then can restart the handler from SSA. In some rare cases you need to replug the ForceFeel seat...

If everything works as expected I might automate the restart of the handler in the future...

thank you for your work, I'm amazed with the results

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Hmmm. Sounds interesting. Is the ‘driver getting stuck’ likely to be the cause of the ‘stuck’ vibrations we’re seeing?

I would say for those flying in vr an ‘auto restart/reset’ would be a huge benefit. Of course - it would be better if the Forcefeel driver disb’t Get stuck at all! I guess that that is something the Realteus devs will have to fix.

Got an update tonight, and installed it.

Now my Forcefeel seat is not recognized (couldn't connect), hence not working.

It worked before the update.

I have rebooted my PC, re-plugget the USB and also made a cold start, still not working

I'm sorry, the latest beta keeps giving me the same problem. It says ForceFeel Seat State: Not Connected, then a message that says:

"Could not connect to ForceFeel - try to

1) restart the handler application trough the service tab in SimShaker For

Aviators

or

2) reconnect the seat and restart the handler"

I tried both options, to no avail. I even tried a different USB, and restarting the PC and got the same result every time. The ForceFeel Control Center does communicate with the seat and works fine. I also tried SimShaker - Wheels and that was also working successfully.

I wish I could give you more data to work with. I'll try more things tomorrow to see if somehow I can get it to work.

Ok.. just did a quick test... not sure how but it worked!!! I closed the Seat Handler. Then went to the SSA Install folder/Data, and ran ibaJetseatHandler.exe as administrator. Gave me an error, closed it. Then hit restart on the ForceFeel output mode, and now it works!!! YES! Hope I can keep it working!

"Could not connect to ForceFeel - try to

1) restart the handler application trough the service tab in SimShaker For

Aviators

or

2) reconnect the seat and restart the handler"

I get the same error. The Seathandler also says "ForceFeel Seat State: Not Connected".

I got it to work once, after unplugging/re-plugging the USB cable a few times, and turning the seat off and back on again a few times.

Next time I tried, it didn't work. The "Test vibrate motors" didn't do anything. Yet, the Test-mode in ForceFeel Control Centre did work, while it didn't these last few days.

It's an improvement over the last 2 betas, but we're not there yet :)

*edit*

The "Vibration level" in the Seat Handler also shows as zero (and doesn't respond to the seat's rotary dial), while it's at +/- 60% in ForceFeel Control Centre (which does respond to the rotary dial).

Edited by Elysian Angel
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

I get the same error. The Seathandler also says "ForceFeel Seat State: Not Connected".

I got it to work once, after unplugging/re-plugging the USB cable a few times, and turning the seat off and back on again a few times.

Next time I tried, it didn't work. The "Test vibrate motors" didn't do anything. Yet, the Test-mode in ForceFeel Control Centre did work, while it didn't these last few days.

It's an improvement over the last 2 betas, but we're not there yet :)

*edit*

The "Vibration level" in the Seat Handler also shows as zero (and doesn't respond to the seat's rotary dial), while it's at +/- 60% in ForceFeel Control Centre (which does respond to the rotary dial).

Thanks for the feedback. I might just revert to the old driver and wait if Realtus provides any solution here...

On v1.3.6.10:

- "ForceFeel Seat State: OK" from the start, without the need to unplug/re-plug the seat;

- "Test vibrate motors" worked;

- "Vibration level" showed the correct level.

Launched DCS and the seat works as it should ;-) Let's hope it stays this way!

Thank you for your hard work and fast update rate, f4l0!

*update*

Meanwhile, DCS crashed so I had to relaunch it, and the ForceFeel still worked :)

Previously, if I got it to work and had to re-launch DCS, it no longer worked. This seems to be fixed :)

Edited by Elysian Angel
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Nice work. A question on modification of output

Mr f410,

I really like this; after just an hour I don't see going back [to not using this feedback method] - kinda like a 'poor man's centrifuge'. I can 'feel' G now. And buffet. Those are the most important, to me anyway. The other stuff is a great benefit too.

I can't believe, especially in VR, that this system isn't much more popular. BTW, I'm using the beta; hope is to reduce the litter - keep scattering my wings all over the NTTR because I'm not sure how hard I'm pulling!

Question: I can't seem to edit the effects. Looking through the SS docs I find a link to "Start UWVeditor" but is crashes every time. I'm using only a ButtKicker 2 and it seems that app isn't trapping correctly for its absence? I can find the uvw files and edit them manually but info linking the file to the effect is via filename and they are, at first go, cryptic (to me). I'd just like to experiment with the separation of 'feel's between the Stall vs G-Feel. Just a thought.

Thanks again for the work. Just where do I send you, f410, a donation - I purchased the SSSoundModule of course from the other gentleman? Sorting this all out is a bit confusing.

Take care,

J

i6700k 4.4mhz, 32Gb, nVidia 1080, Odyssey+, CH Products, Derek Speare Designs button box, Bass shaker w/SimShaker For Aviators

would it be possible to add a line to the list to control the amount of vibration related to a catapult launch?

I used to be able to crank up the gain in the sdef files to get a hard rumble but that doesn't seem to have the same effect after the last few DCS updates.

Win 10 64bit; 32 GB DDR4 3200 Ram; ASUS MoBo; 1TB SSD;Intel i7 8700K; GTX 1080ti 11GB; Thrustmaster Warthog;Odyssey + VR

F4l0! Thanks for the latest beta update! Now the ForceFeel is working! There's still the problem with the effects getting stuck but that's such a minor thing when compared to the fact it wasn't working before! Thank you! Keep up the great work!

Mr f410,

Question: I can't seem to edit the effects. Looking through the SS docs I find a link to "Start UWVeditor" but is crashes every time. I'm using only a ButtKicker 2 and it seems that app isn't trapping correctly for its absence? I can find the uvw files and edit them manually but info linking the file to the effect is via filename and they are, at first go, cryptic (to me). I'd just like to experiment with the separation of 'feel's between the Stall vs G-Feel. Just a thought.

Thanks again for the work. Just where do I send you, f410, a donation - I purchased the SSSoundModule of course from the other gentleman? Sorting this all out is a bit confusing.

I'll check the UWVEditor...

Update: It's working on my side but only with the Jetseat. For forcefeel I need to extend the app... Could you give me some more details regarding that crash?

A now I got it, the UWVEditor is just for Jetseat vibration files. If you like to edit the sound module files you need to edit the sound files used by that application. There's a separate thread for the sound module, maybe you ask your question there...

Yep, SoundModule is done by Andre and not me...

If you really like to donate something, but only if you have some spare money, write me a message...

would it be possible to add a line to the list to control the amount of vibration related to a catapult launch?

I used to be able to crank up the gain in the sdef files to get a hard rumble but that doesn't seem to have the same effect after the last few DCS updates.

There is currently now cat launch effect. It's basically Ground Roll/Bumps

F4l0! Thanks for the latest beta update! Now the ForceFeel is working! There's still the problem with the effects getting stuck but that's such a minor thing when compared to the fact it wasn't working before! Thank you! Keep up the great work!

Could you please connect the seat to a USB2 port directly on your computer. I've some issues when the seat is connected to USB3...

Edited by f4l0

Is there a way to transfer the module specific settings from the release version of SSA to the beta version of SSA without needing to set up each effect strength from scratch? I have both versions installed and my laziness is in the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

Is there a way to transfer the module specific settings from the release version of SSA to the beta version of SSA without needing to set up each effect strength from scratch? I have both versions installed and my laziness is in the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can export your settings and import them :)

Thank you for integrating the Forcefeel pad into your software f410. Like many others I pre-ordered my Forcefeel based on the advertisement stating it was compatible with DCS. So when it arrived and wasn't, it has sat in the box since, waiting for Realtus to make it work with DCS.

Appreciate your work to make it happen, it was straight forward, I installed the SSA software, set the seat to forcefeel, rebooted and it all worked perfectly.

Donation inbound, and thanks again,

ASUS Maximus X Hero; i7-8700K OC'd @ 5 Ghz; Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 AMP Extreme 8GB; 32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3200Mhz RAM; 500GB Samsung EVO 960 SSD; Warthog HOTAS; Saitek Pro Flight Rudder pedals; HP Reverb VR; Realtus Forcefeel Game Pad running on SimShaker for Aviators software. :thumbup:

Hi, just got my Jetseat today and i'm really ecstatic, what an amazing product!

However i'm having trouble finding what the effect of each uwv file is since i would like to adjust those. I've tried hovering over the checkmarks but i'm unable to see any filenames there, and i've skimmed through this thread with no luck, is there a list by chance?

Thanks!

Hi, just got my Jetseat today and i'm really ecstatic, what an amazing product!

However i'm having trouble finding what the effect of each uwv file is since i would like to adjust those. I've tried hovering over the checkmarks but i'm unable to see any filenames there, and i've skimmed through this thread with no luck, is there a list by chance?

Thanks!

Unfortunately there is not always a 1 to 1 map. So some effects uses multiple files and some effects share one effect file... With logging available you can see which file is played. I would suggest disabling all effects except the one you like to edit, then, jump into DCS and 'force' SSA to play that effect. The log then should contain which files were send to the seat...

We finally tracked down and resolved the issues I was seeing on my Forcefeel (Thanks f4l0!)

Now using SSA my Forcefeel makes the planes come alive in a way I hadn't thought possible.

What a great program! Thanks for all your work! :-D

PSA - If you have a Forcefeel and are getting 'stuck' effects - ensure your Forcefeel is on your MotherBoard USB (2.0 preferrably) - it seems the Forcefeel doesn't play nicely with powered USB hubs!

In beta 1.3.6.13, when flying the Tomcat, it seems like the motors are always vibrating more or less, even with no boxes ticked and I'm flying straight and level.

Ok, could you isolate with the settings monitor which effect is running? What seat do you use?