Train Robbery

tobi

Nice mission! :)

I'm not quite sure in which universe a train heist would be initiated from an aircraft carrier, but it was certainly fun to fly. ;)

First remark: when the chopper reaches the coast, the text says to follow the tracks to the east. Those tracks are headed much more to the south than to the east, so maybe "south-east" or really just "south" would probably work better.

Second item: A text in German snuck into the otherwise English texts.

Screen_181103_01.jpg

Third item: I don't know why I failed at that point. A little heads-up would have been nice. Also, a screw might be looser than another, but I guess you meant "loser". ;)

Screen_181103_02.jpg

Fourth item: Some text seems to appear twice in a row.

Screen_181103_03.jpg

Finally, when I landed at the carrier (near the front of the ship, where we took off) there was no message. Would be nice to get a little "Well done" or so. ;)

All in all, it's a fun mission, good length, and who doesn't like to do the occasional train heist? :)

Yeah, the new version looks good! :thumbup:

The sentence "Now go up a bit and follow the train" still appears twice in the same text.

Unfortunately, I couldn't test the landing part. There was this stupid lamp pole interfering with my helicopter. And then velocity and solid objects rolled the dice and Newton prevailed. In other words: I was too low and crashed into the damn thing before I could land at the carrier, completely my fault. :doh: :D

Fun mission, keep'em coming!

"I'm not quite sure in which universe a train heist would be initiated from an aircraft carrier"

Answer : the Hollywood one. It would be conducted by the A- team perhaps, with Murdoch as the Pilot ? :lol:

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

That sounds plausible indeed! But only as long as Murdoch is played by Dwight Schulz! :D

(Haven't watched the remake yet, don't intend to.)

It was a good film, your loss.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Just flew the new version, the voice-overs are great, very well done! :thumbup:

Just one hick-up: when the player approaches the second bridge before identifying the train, all further processing stops. I'm pretty sure it's because Flag 2 is set to Off in that case.

The trigger is: Trigger fastzuweit

I removed the "Flag Off (2)" action to test it, and next time the mission continued fine.

Just flew it twice today (once "original" and once with different weather winter/strong wind). Really nice mission. I enjoyed it and the triggers worked fine for me.

I identified the train before the 2nd bridge though. On my first attempt, there was a voice over that tells you that you're running out of time though. It's said you'll have to abort the mission if you don't do it before the 2nd bridge.

Just flew the new version, the voice-overs are great, very well done! :thumbup:

Just one hick-up: when the player approaches the second bridge before identifying the train, all further processing stops. I'm pretty sure it's because Flag 2 is set to Off in that case.

The trigger is: Trigger fastzuweit

I removed the "Flag Off (2)" action to test it, and next time the mission continued fine.

Yes you are right! I made the mistake when I cloned the trigger. Thank you

Well, I thought it would be nice to create a cinematic video for this mission ;-) So there we go (be aware that there are spoilers if you didn't play the mission yet):

Note: I changed date, start time, weather and livery for the video.

Edited by rge75

I know, I'm a bit off-topic, but there's no dedicated thread for the "The Bridge Slalom Bet" which is also done by you. Just wondering what's a good time and what's the best approach for the slalom. I did a few attempts, but they were all between 1:13 and 1:19 which I was told is too slow.

I tried "moderate" speed and cleaner turns as well as faster speed with hard turns - but I think you lose too much time doing so.