The Hornet Release Day Anticipation Thread

FZG_Immel

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Respect for you guys. Most of you are the same ages, as my father, and even older. But you are still flying... Respect. There are nothing else that i can say. Hope at your ages I will be okay, and I will be flying too.I just cant imagine what will look flight sims after 20-30 years...

And I am sure now, that when you are addicted to flying once, you are addicted forever...

EEk! I already feel the F-18 comes with zimmer frame controls :lol: You are as young as your mind, (lets face it, we are blokes, that can be pretty young.)

My take is that they've been compiling the download for some time today and checking that it unpacks OK.

This takes a bit of time so I don't expect any early release except for perhaps a couple of hours to unburden the servers a bit with the expectation of massive hits on their systems.

Im still hoping that itll be the same as last week

My take is that they've been compiling the download for some time today and checking that it unpacks OK.

This takes a bit of time so I don't expect any early release except for perhaps a couple of hours to unburden the servers a bit with the expectation of massive hits on their systems.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

LEGS - JTF-13

Very good.

Not long to go. It’s been a long wait.

Excited as hell. Lol

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

I'm putting on a pot of coffee for an "All Nighter" Who's with me????:)

Not me, I am 60 and tired. I needs me sleep...

But I typically wake up really, really early in the mornings.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I "work from home" tomorrow. However, it's mostly just to get the download going so that when work is finished I can fly. If it's anything like the 2.5 release it will take all day (took me 6 hours).

If it goes faster then I'll be "working" of course.

Yeah 2.5 was Massive,I don't expect this to be that big.

Patrick

mini.gif

I just got home from a car accident that was mere millimeters from killing me. Got checked out from the ER after checks and x-rays. Obviously home from work tomorrow.

Survived and get to fly the hornet tomorrow - win win.

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]

@Dejjvid, glad it wasn't more serious and you are okay (things can be replaced, you cannot).

I have to work tomorrow, but I have a feeling that I'm going to maybe eat something disagreeable tonight and need to take off around lunch time. ;)

Edited by Chump
41, wife + 2 daughters

I just got home from a car accident that was mere millimeters from killing me. Got checked out from the ER after checks and x-rays. Obviously home from work tomorrow.

Survived and get to fly the hornet tomorrow - win win.

:noexpression::noexpression: W O W!! That's scary stuff,take it easy as you can experience after effects both physical and mental[i know from my own close call] Happy you're OK:thumbup:

Patrick

mini.gif

working tonight till 06:00 EST so I'll come home, download it and go to bed. Or I'll come home and go to bed... Or I'll download it and play and then go to bed.... I don't know.... Bed is somewhere in tomorrow's deck of cards.

• MB: MPG Z790 EDGE WIFI
  • Memory: WD Black SN850X 2TB PCIe Gen4 NVMe M.2
  • CPU: Intel Core i9-14900K Desktop Processor 24 cores (8P+16E) 36M Cache
  • EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090
  • TrackIR on Samsung 49 inch Odyssey Widescreen
  • No money in my pocket lol

Since I am re-tired, I wont have to make up an excuse for missing work.

The issue I have, is being awake at 12:01 AM, tonight, this morning, whatever, and booting up DCS World every half hour to check for the download.

I WANNA HAVE IT!!!!!!!

" I Know You Understand What You Think I Said...But I Am Not Sure You Realize... That What You Heard....Is Probably.... Not What I Meant. ":pilotfly:

Saving the PTO for fishing trips.

I fully expect those of you that are off to be building and testing some excellent Persian Gulf missions for me to download tomorrow night.

No excuses!

Edit: And one of those trips will be in Pensacola to watch the Blue Angels...from a boat!