Question about TPOD

flo57100

Hello fellow Harrier drivers,

A question, now it is possible to designate a waypoint as a target point, and when active, the DMT directly looks at this target point. Is it possible to do the same with the TPOD, to make it look directly to my target point when it's out of standby mode ?

Hello fellow Harrier drivers,

A question, now it is possible to designate a waypoint as a target point, and when active, the DMT directly looks at this target point. Is it possible to do the same with the TPOD, to make it look directly to my target point when it's out of standby mode ?

Very good question.

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

It's also a question i've been asking myself, i quote the pocket guide :

SLAVE In STBY, NAV and BIT modes this PB legend is blank and non-functional.

In AG and AA modes, clicking on this PB commands TPOD to slave sensor head to aircraft selected target (A/C CMD LOS) and underlines SLAVE (SLAVE). If a CMD LOS does not exist, TPOD cages the sensor head to pod boresight: depressed 2º.

If i understand this correctly, it should slew the TPOD to the DMT when you are in AG or AA mode, i'll be trying it right now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's also a question i've been asking myself, i quote the pocket guide :

If i understand this correctly, it should slew the TPOD to the DMT when you are in AG or AA mode, i'll be trying it right now.

Is it working ?

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

Doesn't look like it, either i misunderstood the manual or it isn't working.

@Zeus, could you clarify this please ?

The tacman guide volume 1 is not very explicit on this point. Personally, I thought like rex, that it worked in this way ...

Maybe you have to select the INS as a sensor ?

Can we enslave the TPOD at the INS ??

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if tpod points to an object/area , dmt is on the same object/area, so working good.

if dmt points to an object/area, spi is created but tpod is not on the same object/area/spi, if we move tpod cursor, spi disapear, tpod cursor seems boresighted.

Is it a wip ? , requires clarification.

I've tried this, and haven't been able to get the SLAVE function on the tgp to slave to dmt. I will give it another shot later.

@zeus,

@zeus,

@zeus please could you respond ?

• 4 weeks later...
Bumping this. Curious to know if we will be able to SLAVE tgp to INS/DMT.

And no response from Razbam :(

Bumping this. Curious to know if we will be able to SLAVE tgp to INS/DMT.

+1

A few "usability" questions. In respect of how it's done with the real systems and delta to current implementation:

1. Is it possible to slave the TGP to other sensors - INS/DMT/IRMAV (in the same way as DMT slews to designaged wpt)?

2. Is there a HOTAS "shortcut" to switch to TGP page? I could sweare I had read about it in the NATOPS manual but can't find it right now

3. What does the SLAVE mode exactly do? Does it slave the DMT to the TGP?

4. How to reset the TGP position - the NWS button does not seem to do it properly.

Not TPG related but I think I also read that the SSS Left cycles between the map center/decenter and the EW page. This was somewere in the EW chapter. Can't find it though.... I'll edit the post if I do.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

+1

1. Is it possible to slave the TGP to other sensors - INS/DMT/IRMAV (in the same way as DMT slews to designaged wpt)?

2. Is there a HOTAS "shortcut" to switch to TGP page? I could sweare I had read about it in the NATOPS manual but can't find it right now

3. What does the SLAVE mode exactly do? Does it slave the DMT to the TGP?

4. How to reset the TGP position - the NWS button does not seem to do it properly.

1. I believe SLAVE mode is supposed to point the TGP at the A/C CMD LOS. It doesn't currently work; I think that's a known issue/not-yet-implemented feature. Note that the manual isn't super clear on this one. The section on SLAVE says:

In AG and AA modes, clicking on this PB commands TPOD to slave sensor head to aircraft selected target (A/C CMD LOS) and underlines SLAVE (SLAVE). If a CMD LOS does not exist, TPOD cages the sensor head to pod boresight: depressed 2*.

While the section on the default mode (TDC, non-underlined, on the PB 14 legend) says this, making no mention of SLAVE mode:

In this mode TDC control is assigned to the aircraft’s sensors (INS/DMT and IRMV)

and not to the TPOD. The TPOD is slaved to the aircraft’s command LOS ( A/C CMD LOS), the aircraft’s selected target point. If no A/C CMD LOS exists, the TPOD sensor head is caged to the boresight position (depressed 2o in elevation). Otherwise the TPOD is locked on the aircraft’s target.

Any TDC command will be ignored by the TPOD and instead will be obeyed by the selected aircraft sensor. TPOD sensor head will not move from its caged position until an aircraft target has been designated.

It's not evident whether enabling SLAVE mode is required, or whether it just forces the TPOD to move if there's no designated target.

2. I just started a thread on this, as it turns out. The manual says that when the TPOD is loaded, SSS Down 'assigns the TDC to the TPOD'. I don't know if that means it brings up the page, toggles between TDC and TDC modes, or just sets the A/C CMD LOS to the TPOD's position.

3. See #1.

4. The NWS button will only fully and correctly reset the TPOD's position in TDC mode. Sometimes it works in HTS mode, but other times it jumps back toward caged without getting there all the way. Presumably this feature isn't finished yet.

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

TPOD Slave mode needs rework. I don't have enough time to do that at this moment since I am working on finishing the INS.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

• 5 months later...

has anyone PM DECOY? That might help him see it.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..